Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Fire Casey too? Seriously? Let's just fire the whole damn staff while we're at it!

Raptors Republic Starter theycallmeZZ's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

That's doesn't soul like a bad idea actually...
    TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default casey rotations

With all the stats available to coached, how hard can it be to get the 5 guys that got you a lead on the floor in the last half of the 4th? Mcquire may be limited offensively but he was a plus that night , double ditto for JV. Is BC telling Casey who he can play?

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

It's just 1 month of basketball. People are freaking out over what? A bad record? Keep in mind that the past couple of games were against playoff teams. We have lost to most playoff-contention teams (Boston, Philly, OKC, and Dallas) and won against non-playoff contention teams (Wolves and Magic). Not only that, but we've face many injuries to key player throughout that span of time. Kyle Lowry going down was the worst. He's our main scorer and main leader. It was tough losing such a key player to this team. Alan Anderson went down as well. He's not amazing, but he definitely give some scoring and energy off the bench. Fields has a hand problem that possibly affected his shooting. While he hasn't played good basketball and he's currently the "Rasual Butler" of this season, I'm willing to not judge him on his performance until he has no excuses left. As for Casey, his rotation are unorthodox at time especially with the double PG line-up, but give him time to find the right combination of players. Also keep in mind that we have seven new players who are all fighting for minutes. All coaches are going to struggle finding the perfect lineup for their team when they have that many new player and when the bench has such depth. Give it time to develop. It's not a time to start hitting the panic button. I share everyone frustration. I hate seeing us lose these kinds of games. It's tough to see your home team lose all the time especially at the end of games, but it's not a time to panic right now and make crude statements. If this continues at mid January and early February, then it's time to "panic". But right now, it's too early. Let the season unfold a bit more and then decide whether or not you want DC fired...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote kuzzybear wrote: View Post
    With all the stats available to coached, how hard can it be to get the 5 guys that got you a lead on the floor in the last half of the 4th? Mcquire may be limited offensively but he was a plus that night , double ditto for JV. Is BC telling Casey who he can play?
    You make it sound like coaching profession players is a cake walk... "How hard can it be to get the 5 guys that got you a lead on the floor in the last half of the 4th?" Coaches are paid millions for a reason. If coaching was easy as you make it seem, there will be no point paying them millions since anyone could do it. Be careful what you say...

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
    It's just 1 month of basketball. People are freaking out over what? A bad record? Keep in mind that the past couple of games were against playoff teams. We have lost to most playoff-contention teams (Boston, Philly, OKC, and Dallas) and won against non-playoff contention teams (Wolves and Magic). Not only that, but we've face many injuries to key player throughout that span of time. Kyle Lowry going down was the worst. He's our main scorer and main leader. It was tough losing such a key player to this team. Alan Anderson went down as well. He's not amazing, but he definitely give some scoring and energy off the bench. Fields has a hand problem that possibly affected his shooting. While he hasn't played good basketball and he's currently the "Rasual Butler" of this season, I'm willing to not judge him on his performance until he has no excuses left. As for Casey, his rotation are unorthodox at time especially with the double PG line-up, but give him time to find the right combination of players. Also keep in mind that we have seven new players who are all fighting for minutes. All coaches are going to struggle finding the perfect lineup for their team when they have that many new player and when the bench has such depth. Give it time to develop. It's not a time to start hitting the panic button. I share everyone frustration. I hate seeing us lose these kinds of games. It's tough to see your home team lose all the time especially at the end of games, but it's not a time to panic right now and make crude statements. If this continues at mid January and early February, then it's time to "panic". But right now, it's too early. Let the season unfold a bit more and then decide whether or not you want DC fired...
    +1

I rarely do this "+1" and nothing else thing, but I wouldn't want anything to get in the way of a perfectly stated case. Bravo!

Raptors Republic Superstar ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I love Coach Casey, but to be honest, his rotations have been just TERRIBLE. Goodness gracious, he hadn't realized Jose was not great defensively at all tonight, and continued to have him guard Jrue Holiday. That goes back to having the 2-PG lineup. Also, Amir Johnson and Ed Davis were just not there tonight, Jonas Valanciunas could have had a SERIOUS impact on the game on both ends, he was our best player tonight when he was allowed to play.

As much as we didn't have great offense, we need to get something going our way. I felt McGuire should have been on for the defensive purposes, along with Lowry, Derozan, Bargnani and JV.

We'll see what happens tomorrow.

P.S WHY DIDN'T ROSS PLAY? He might have been quiet offensively, but defensively he would've been able to keep up with Young/Richardson MUCH better than Derozan.

Raptors Republic Starter b2kelly's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Miekenstien wrote: View Post
    remember how awesome casey was last year when the fans didn't demand anything. now he is the worst because we are still a bad team a year after being a horrible team. god i can't believe casey doesn't have us at the top of the game especially after how awesome everyone knew we would be after preseason. god casey god. a year is more than long enough with one of the youngest teams in the league without any great players on it.

some people are fucking brutal. topsy-turvy knee jerk reactions are a virtue i heard.
    When your GM promises playoffs and doesn't deliver, the only option left is layoffs.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Casey has a better chance of getting this team to perform than any other candidates. Question his rotations if you like
    Last edited by koncept; Wed Nov 21st, 2012 at 01:44 AM.

Raptors Republic Starter torch19's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

MAYBE he didn't play Valanciunas because he's scared that the referees will be overly tight on the whistle in the 4th. We all know Big V is a whistle magnet.

MAYBE he played the 2 point guard line-up because he needed "shooters" and "playmakers" so he can run the pick and roll at the end of the game.

MAYBE he left Bargnani and Calderon together because their offense outweighs their defense.

MAYBE he is very concerned about winning and is afraid that rookies will make a lot of mistakes. The pressure to win handcuffs his rotations thus limiting rookie minutes.

There could be a lot of reasons. I would like to know exactly why he chose to live with that strategy.

I still don't get why out of Lowry and Calderon, why would you designate Calderon to stop their primary ball handler who happens to be athletic as F*CK. Why would you let Philly ABUSE Calderon and Bargnani by constantly allowing them to defend the pick and roll together. Why couldn't have Bargnani guard Dorell Wright who's camping and why couldn't Jose guard J-Rich, another camper who actually got hurt earlier in the game (who couldn't even elevate anymore in a breakaway opportunity).

Questionable decisions. Someone please ask him straight up. I'm not ready to give up on him, but I believe there's a difference between a teacher and a tactician (in terms of coaching). Casey is more of a teacher, develop good habits. But strategy wise, he has been out coached several times and he has a ways to go.

I still think Bargnani should be traded because he gives us more trouble defensively than what he brings on offense.
    ďI donít create controversies. Theyíre there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.Ē

-- Charles Barkley

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

his decision making has been shitty for sure. we still have to give him some time. altho i hear theres a coach who thinks he can run a princetown offence with toronto's core pieces....

bargs has still got to go. i sense a trade within a month.

Raptors Republic Starter theycallmeZZ's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

If people want to fire the staff, can we at least keep Alex McKechnie? That dude is awesome.

Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote torch19 wrote: View Post
    MAYBE he didn't play Valanciunas because he's scared that the referees will be overly tight on the whistle in the 4th. We all know Big V is a whistle magnet.

MAYBE he played the 2 point guard line-up because he needed "shooters" and "playmakers" so he can run the pick and roll at the end of the game.

MAYBE he left Bargnani and Calderon together because their offense outweighs their defense.

MAYBE he is very concerned about winning and is afraid that rookies will make a lot of mistakes. The pressure to win handcuffs his rotations thus limiting rookie minutes.

There could be a lot of reasons. I would like to know exactly why he chose to live with that strategy.

I still don't get why out of Lowry and Calderon, why would you designate Calderon to stop their primary ball handler who happens to be athletic as F*CK. Why would you let Philly ABUSE Calderon and Bargnani by constantly allowing them to defend the pick and roll together. Why couldn't have Bargnani guard Dorell Wright who's camping and why couldn't Jose guard J-Rich, another camper who actually got hurt earlier in the game (who couldn't even elevate anymore in a breakaway opportunity).

Questionable decisions. Someone please ask him straight up. I'm not ready to give up on him, but I believe there's a difference between a teacher and a tactician (in terms of coaching). Casey is more of a teacher, develop good habits. But strategy wise, he has been out coached several times and he has a ways to go.

I still think Bargnani should be traded because he gives us more trouble defensively than what he brings on offense.

JV had 0 PFs in 25 minutes. 0. Amir had 6 in 20 minutes.

Now tell me who you would've put out in crunch time if you were afraid of fouls...

Raptors Republic Starter minks77's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote enlightenment wrote: View Post
    JV had 0 PFs in 25 minutes. 0. Amir had 6 in 20 minutes.

Now tell me who you would've put out in crunch time if you were afraid of fouls...
    Yeah but Amir getting 6 earned fouls is something DC can probably live with. JV getting rookie calls and non calls can really kill critical possessions.

The unbalanced lineup and lack of star level ability at any one point (Klow is borderline) kills this squad when the going gets tough. Too many mediocre bigs not enough talent on the arc.
    LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll admit.. watching Casey's rotations has been wildly frustrating.. more frustrating than Bargnani's play to be honest. The difference is that I know what I get with Bargnani.. with Casey it seems to be so different from what I expected.

However the talent is not there, and that makes a big difference. The biggest thorn on the Raptors is Mr. Colangelo. He's the one that needs to go.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote planetmars wrote: View Post
    I'll admit.. watching Casey's rotations has been wildly frustrating.. more frustrating than Bargnani's play to be honest. The difference is that I know what I get with Bargnani.. with Casey it seems to be so different from what I expected.

However the talent is not there, and that makes a big difference. The biggest thorn on the Raptors is Mr. Colangelo. He's the one that needs to go.
    I am not ready to bash on Casey but it should be noted the talent was hardly there last season either. If anything, there has been a talent infusion - although the biggest part of the infusion has been injured of late (lowry).
    "You donít know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

Post Thanks / Like

The thing is that Casey believes in the system where players have to seriously earn their minutes. It's probably why you don't see Ross or JV playing alot of minutes especially in the fourth quarter. Yes I agree with everyone when they said that JV should be in the fourth quarter especially since the we were in the bonus and the Sixers were playing small. JV could have easily dominated other offensive end, but I sorta understand also why he didn't play. It would have been a mixup nightmare on the defensive end as well and Casey is more of defensive minded coach rather than an offensive minded coach. So I can sorta see why he didn't play him at all in the fourth quarter. I personally think that Casey wants JV and Ross to have a little more NBA experience (two months or so) before letting them playing in the fourth quarter. And if I'm right, I'm pretty sure Casey will let JV see a bit more minutes in the fourth quarter around late December or January and same with Ross. Casey is just a very old fashion guy that relies more on experience especially in late game situations, but that's just my two cents on the situation at hand...

Post Thanks / Like

The thing is that Casey believes in the system where players have to seriously earn their minutes. It's probably why you don't see Ross or JV playing alot of minutes especially in the fourth quarter. Yes I agree with everyone when they said that JV should be in the fourth quarter especially since the we were in the bonus and the Sixers were playing small. JV could have easily dominated other offensive end, but I sorta understand also why he didn't play. It would have been a mixup nightmare on the defensive end as well and Casey is more of defensive minded coach rather than an offensive minded coach. So I can sorta see why he didn't play him at all in the fourth quarter. I personally think that Casey wants JV and Ross to have a little more NBA experience (two months or so) before letting them playing in the fourth quarter. And if I'm right, I'm pretty sure Casey will let JV see a bit more minutes in the fourth quarter around late December or January and same with Ross. Casey is just a very old fashion guy that relies more on experience especially in late game situations, but that's just my two cents on the situation at hand...
    Unfortunately that does not explain a certain you know who.
    Bruno Caboclo

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Unfortunately that does not explain a certain you know who.
    Unfortunately we aren't a good offensive team. Outside of Bargs, who else can score fairly decently? Calderon prefers to pass than shoot. Lowry tries but he's still shaky after the injury (especially his brutal fourth quarter). Demar can score but as with every slasher who can't shoot as well, they will have a hard time scoring especially when the calls aren't in your favor. Amir got into foul trouble, so he can't be as aggressive on the offensive end. Ed Davis is still pretty raw offensively. Lucas has been in a shooting slump the past few games. Fields is out and so is Anderson. Ross is still learning the NBA and so is JV. Casey realizes that we can't score well in the fourth quarter and with Bargs playing, we have a better chance at scoring a bit more (unfortunately at the expense of defence). But again, that's just my opinion and two cents.

Post Thanks / Like

http://www.nationalpost.com/m/wp/spo...game-collapses

Here's a article to ponder over. Koreen nails it on the head as per usual. True enough a lot of the losses have to do with lineups that haven't been working, but a lot has to do with a the roster itself. Casey simply doesn't have the right pieces.

Post Thanks / Like

Unfortunately we aren't a good offensive team. Outside of Bargs, who else can score fairly decently? Calderon prefers to pass than shoot. Lowry tries but he's still shaky after the injury (especially his brutal fourth quarter). Demar can score but as with every slasher who can't shoot as well, they will have a hard time scoring especially when the calls aren't in your favor. Amir got into foul trouble, so he can't be as aggressive on the offensive end. Ed Davis is still pretty raw offensively. Lucas has been in a shooting slump the past few games. Fields is out and so is Anderson. Ross is still learning the NBA and so is JV. Casey realizes that we can't score well in the fourth quarter and with Bargs playing, we have a better chance at scoring a bit more (unfortunately at the expense of defence). But again, that's just my opinion and two cents.
    Who says Bargs scores decently? If decent is inefficient, then yes, sign me up.

Lowry is the man on this team. I fully expect him to be back to his normal self by next week. Remember all the slack Bargnani was given coming off the calf injury? I think Lowry gets a little bit of leeway in his first game back.... a game where he shot poor but did have 7 rebounds and 7 assists.

The issue with this team is it is not playing 'Casey' ball on defense and the offense is forced through an inefficient and one-dimensional player.
    Bruno Caboclo

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information