Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fire Casey too? Seriously? Let's just fire the whole damn staff while we're at it!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fire Casey too? Seriously? Let's just fire the whole damn staff while we're at it!

So this is what Raptors fans have degraded too... I know everyone is disappointed that the Raptors haven't lived up to expectations, but seriously? By the way, this is mostly pointing to the new Rookies that are new to RaptorsRepublic. Are you guys that bi-polar? One game where we play amazing defense and offense, everyone is praising Casey on how he's amazing and how he changed the defensive culture of the team. When we lose in the 4th quarter, everyone is on Casey's tail on how he sucks and how he should be fire. Seriously? Use your head before you comment. Casey has made some coaching mistakes this year especially in 4th quarter situations, but that doesn't warrant a firing. When he gets the Raptors clicking (like the 1st and 3rd quarter of the Philly game), DC is doing a good job coaching and getting everyone involved. It's only been a damn month. Don't let your rage get in the way of your judgement. *deep breath* Rant over...

Listen, I am an avid Casey supporter. BUT. for 3 games now, during the fourth quarters, I would turn to my friend and let him know that some of those rotations are pretty weird for a 4th quarter... I would always wonder where JV was, why Bargs was playing at certain times, why lucas and calderon were on together (we are ahead all game, lets throw in this failed experiment at the end of the 4th and lose), why Demar played SF, Lowry SG, and why Bargs was on during a small Philly lineup which lit up our perimeter in the 4th.

Its like we are doing everything well all game, and then Casey decides to change to a new game plan in the fourth. These changes have cost us games in which we were decidedly ahead either in the 4th or late in the 3rd (10pt+ lead). These changes are uncalled for, and have knocked us out of the rhythm that got us the lead in the first place.

Casey has not shown any ability to institute crunch time defense, and we resort to the strategy of trying to outlast the team. Even our win in Orlando, I was certain they weren't going to score over 80, the way we played through out the first 3 quarters. Then all of a sudden its a 5 point game with time left in the period!
    The win against Indiana was a much larger lead before they made a game out of it in the 4th.
    I dont want to bring up Utah. But you get the point.

There is a legitimate worry that our Coach is limiting our team.
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

having lowry shoot the tech was the moment i lost faith. the guy couldnt hit anything outside the paint all game

Comment

Game was definitely on Casey and yes his rotations/lineups have been curious to say the least, but firing him would be a huge mistake.
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Are you seriously questioning an NBA coach, enlightment? One poster told me that playing the rooks in crunch time would possibly damage their psyche if things went wrong! Give it time. In the 78th game of the season, Casey will finally have his rotations down pat.

Comment

I agree with Blacklash2K4, Its clear DC has made some costly mistakes to start the season but I don't believe they warrant him being fired. It would be a shame to fire him this early in the year similar to what happened to him in Minnesota. If I would point the finger anywhere I would direct some of the blame towards Bryan Colangelo for his poor job managing this team from a personnel perspective.
            We all make mistakes... Tanking is not the answer.. This squad can ball! Let it roll!!

Comment

wow, please never use that color to post again...
              My eyes hurt just trying to read it.

And yes I AM questioning 2 pg lineups, keeping JV on the bench even after Amir fouls out, and giving DM minutes.
              Its a coaches job to keep the play steady, obviously our blown leads are the most consistent thing happening this season, and ALWAYS in the fourth; precisely when Casey tries out some weird whacky way-out lineups and starts calling some inappropriate plays.

Comment

Casey has shown his true idiotic colours this season. He should be gone.

Comment

philly was fav by -5 lol. but honestly jl3 should not see the court. shorten the damn rotations and stop drawing up plays for bargs in clutch situations
                  "the raptors were my fav team growing up"-kevin durant

Comment

johnny davis seems more clueless than marc ivaroni. we need triano or alex english back to make our offence more effective
                    "the raptors were my fav team growing up"-kevin durant

Comment

Look, I'm pissed with Casey so far this year as are so many. Some are probably overreacting with firing threats and stuff... nonetheless Casey has REALLY been bad this year. I'm not saying he needs to be fired but right now he is part of Raptors problems and since he is the head coach (head of the snake) it's one of those that needs to be addressed immediately.

What makes it so damn frustrating is the following:

So far Casey has not mentioned anything about his decision-making after the games, he has not taken responsibility for any of those losses, he has not admitted he made mistakes in regards of rotations and other coaching decisions and consequently he has not made any adjustments or changes to improve on this situation. He has maintained his views on how to play/change rotations over the game and how to close out games, how to react to different closeout lineups. His rotations on too many occasions were highly questionable, yet he didn't address this in any way. It's like he refuses to admit his mistakes and do changes. And those mistakes are obvious to anybody, which makes the situation incredibly frustrating as we all seem to be stuck in a situation with no issue... problems are there, but no one admits them and commits to changes.

Then situations and emotions follow: No adjustments from within, no one to admit mistakes, no changes after repeated mistakes, more frustration, more need for accountability, still nothing, still more frustration, envisioning of extreme solutions among fans, bad overall mood surrounding the franchise.

Comment

Yeah Casey has had some weird rotations, but he's also got a bunch of players that are new to him and a bunch of players that aren't very good at professional basketball. Some are both. Coaches need time and stability to develop a team. Even in teams loaded with top-tier talent, and the Raps obviously aren't. He's starting a rookie at center, and Calderon, Bargnani and DeRozan are all below average defensively (though DeRozan is better than last year, I'll give him that). Right now on offence they've got no three point shooting from the 2, the 3 for half the game since that's all Kleiza is playing, and the 5, unless they play a 2 PG line-up that kills them defensively. Wondering why Valanciunas' rolls to the basket aren't more open and why they don't draw more open 3s? The defence doesn't have to respect them behind the line, they just clog up the paint, and when the guards go crashing in they're going right into a set defence and not getting calls. As much as it pains me to say this because I'd still like him gone, Bargnani's game is really diminished if he's not surrounded by other guys that can shoot. They need more pieces before you can start blaming the coach for not getting wins.

Comment

Lark, you described problems offensively.
                          But what about DEFENSIVELY?
                          you know, his specialty?

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
                            Lark, you described problems offensively.
                            But what about DEFENSIVELY?
                            you know, his specialty?
                            Exactly. He's been a disaster this year. Taken more talented players and made the team worse. Ridiculous.

He's proving the Timberwolves right, that's for sure.

Comment

First it was Smitch. Then Triano. Now Casey. All very different coaches yet all have the exact same problems. Maybe, just maybe, there are other common denominators to blame.

Comment

Working...
                              X