Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Fire Casey too? Seriously? Let's just fire the whole damn staff while we're at it!

Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
    Unfortunately we aren't a good offensive team. Outside of Bargs, who else can score fairly decently? Calderon prefers to pass than shoot. Lowry tries but he's still shaky after the injury (especially his brutal fourth quarter). Demar can score but as with every slasher who can't shoot as well, they will have a hard time scoring especially when the calls aren't in your favor. Amir got into foul trouble, so he can't be as aggressive on the offensive end. Ed Davis is still pretty raw offensively. Lucas has been in a shooting slump the past few games. Fields is out and so is Anderson. Ross is still learning the NBA and so is JV. Casey realizes that we can't score well in the fourth quarter and with Bargs playing, we have a better chance at scoring a bit more (unfortunately at the expense of defence). But again, that's just my opinion and two cents.
    I agree with this, in a sense. But when they were up 7, they really did not need to score. Demar would have scored. Kleiza would have scored. DC left Bargs in there when the Sixers went small ball. Bargs picked up Thaddeus, and Thaddeus just camped outside and let the smaller guys work. IMO, the 2 biggest adjustments DC should have made was switching Lowry to guard Jrue, and McGuire to guard Nick Young. Those two were the ones who killed them in the 4th. Jrue just embarrassed Jose to no end.

Jose and Bargnani should not be playing 4th quarters. Bargnani is a black hole, and Jose is a spec of dust just floating in space (too dramatic? hehehe) Unfortunately for Casey, he has no one else to put in.

Raptors Republic All-Star Raptorsnz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Even if Casey is making some bad rotation decisions at the moment, he can improve on them. People seem to forget that, like players, coaches can improve and get better. Casey has these guys working hard most games, and that's important. He can improve his rotations, and should be given time.

Post Thanks / Like

Leo made a point when he was talking about fans wondering why JV wasn't on the court during the 4th vs. Philly. He said that Philly played small, so they needed to match-up quicker, and faster guys defensively and offensively.

First of all, Leo Rautins is a fucking idiot.

Second, is JV not a quick player? Is he not fast? Is he not lengthy and an aggressive defender/offender? I would rather have him on the floor over Bargnani, especially for his +/- was the best on the team that night.

Raptors Republic All-Star wallz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
    Leo made a point when he was talking about fans wondering why JV wasn't on the court during the 4th vs. Philly. He said that Philly played small, so they needed to match-up quicker, and faster guys defensively and offensively.

First of all, Leo Rautins is a fucking idiot.

Second, is JV not a quick player? Is he not fast? Is he not lengthy and an aggressive defender/offender? I would rather have him on the floor over Bargnani, especially for his +/- was the best on the team that night.
    My guess is that he was thinking Bargniani could take advantage of the smaller Philly players. That didn't work though

Post Thanks / Like

Quote knickz wrote: View Post
    johnny davis seems more clueless than marc ivaroni. we need triano or alex english back to make our offence more effective
    That better be a joke...

Post Thanks / Like

I've been overly disappointed with Coach Casey this year.
    Coaching staff has been very, very disappointing. Not holding people accountable, having such a long leash, bad rotations, bad strategic decisions to play games (offensively AND defensively.) Not looking good.

BUT. Looking at the team, people have to realize, we could easily be +.500 with how good our team plays, it's just all about being able to make plays down the stretch. Little mistakes are what costs us the game, these I like to call, correctable mistakes. Problem is, it's still being made by this team down the stretch, and that's pointed once again, at the coaching staff to help these players fix those mistakes.

I would say this team is still on the track to be a play-off team no doubt if they continue to play hard, but coaching staff is holding back some results.

Thread Information