Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 63

Thread: We should trade Calderon right now. What could Calderon plus Bargnani get?

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Raptors Republic Starter KeonClark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    678
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default We should trade Calderon right now. What could Calderon plus Bargnani get?

    His value has never been higher.

    We need a shake up, badly.

    Court is kind of crowded

    Calderon plus Bargnani for Gay/Selby?? One could only dream..

  2. #2

  3. #3

  4. #4
    Raptors Republic Rookie Ltron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    9
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I'd pull the trigger on the hawks or jazz trades in a second. Doubtful either team would go for that though. Atlanta because they don't want Bargnani's contract eating cap space and Jazz for the same reason, unless they are sure that Millsap is leaving at the end of the season.

  5. #5
    Raptors Republic Starter OzRapFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    The Gold Coast, Australia
    Posts
    353
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Probably Boozer and Deng

  6. #6
    Raptors Republic Starter minks77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    T dot Ohhhhh
    Posts
    778
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I said it on the showcasing thread: I don't think the theory of value is all that big a player. Is anyone surprised at what JC is doing? No. It's exactly what one can expect from him. Sure the Assist numbers have been rather gaudy recently but we all know that's his game. Hasn't translated into oodles of wins has it? Calderons value is as much tied to his ending contract as to his play.
    LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

  7. #7
    Raptors Republic All-Star Primer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,189
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    The most realistic might be the Golden State trade. We get them out from under Jefferson's onerous contract (we'd owe Jefferson $11M next year if he exercises his player option), allow them to put a true PG next to Curry, and we swap PF/C's who have underachieved on their respective teams, with us getting the better PF out of the bargain, albeit the one with the much larger contract. GS will likely be looking to shed some salary to get under the luxury tax next season, so this one seems at least plausible.

    I'd do it. I'm a big fan of David Lee's game and think his contract is reasonable. Last season he put up 20pts 10reb 3ast 50%FG, and he's been doing this consistently for the past 4 seasons. Big upgrade over Bargs and someone I would like on the team regardless.

  8. #8
    Raptors Republic Starter minks77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    T dot Ohhhhh
    Posts
    778
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Primer wrote: View Post
    The most realistic might be the Golden State trade. We get them out from under Jefferson's onerous contract (we'd owe Jefferson $11M next year if he exercises his player option), allow them to put a true PG next to Curry, and we swap PF/C's who have underachieved on their respective teams, with us getting the better PF out of the bargain, albeit the one with the much larger contract. GS will likely be looking to shed some salary to get under the luxury tax next season, so this one seems at least plausible.

    I'd do it. I'm a big fan of David Lee's game and think his contract is reasonable. Last season he put up 20pts 10reb 3ast 50%FG, and he's been doing this consistently for the past 4 seasons. Big upgrade over Bargs and someone I would like on the team regardless.
    Wow, David Lee might be even worse defensively than AB. He's a total void on that side of the floor and he's way overpaid for stuffing stats.
    LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

  9. #9
    Raptors Republic Starter minks77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    T dot Ohhhhh
    Posts
    778
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Of all those trades I like the LAL one the best as it nets us the best possible player in return and really helps the Lakers, seems to me the best win/win.

    The most likely trade a rival GM would like would prob be the Chi town Boozer and Rip trade. Rip has given them nothing and Booz is an overrated scorer (like AB) who disappears in the post season and who is owed more money. I think it's a lateral move in that sense and an upgrade in the rip for JC department until Rose is healthy again but it's a huge win in cap terms for an apparently rebuilding on the fly Chicago team. Hurts Toronto big time though.
    LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

  10. #10
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    508
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Have always been a big fan of Andy V, our pick and roll D would b insane with AV and JV with 100% hustle all the time, not much on offense though.

  11. #11
    Raptors Republic All-Star Miekenstien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,873
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    pau would be the best because he is a winner. we need winners

  12. #12
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    19,363
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Miekenstien wrote: View Post
    pau would be the best because he is a winner. we need winners
    +1

    He also fits the style of game that Casey has been preaching.

    By no means is he ideal due to his age and contract but the Raptors need to learn to win.
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

    Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

  13. #13
    Raptors Republic All-Star ebrian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Markham
    Posts
    1,536
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Do you think it's possible that the GM would approach said players and point out that if they want to be another a team, now would be the time to showcase their talents (given the injury to Lowry). And maybe, Bargnani just doesn't want to get traded? Or is it more likely that Bargnani just sucks. I'm a believer of the latter scenario, though I could see Jose stepping up so he can leave..

  14. #14
    Raptors Republic Rookie footarez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Sofia,Bulgaria
    Posts
    180
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    All those trades may seem reaonable in the trade machine - salary wise but in real life they would NEVER happen. The only one remotely possible would be the one with Detroit. I think we reaaaaaaly overvalue Bargnani and Calderon. If we get a decent player + picks in return we should be happy. I don't see another Turkoglu for Barbosa type of trade + didn't turn out so great in the end anyway.

  15. #15
    Raptors Republic All-Star charlesnba23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,037
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote footarez wrote: View Post
    All those trades may seem reaonable in the trade machine - salary wise but in real life they would NEVER happen. The only one remotely possible would be the one with Detroit. I think we reaaaaaaly overvalue Bargnani and Calderon. If we get a decent player + picks in return we should be happy. I don't see another Turkoglu for Barbosa type of trade + didn't turn out so great in the end anyway.
    I don't overvalue those 2 at all. Bargs and Calderon are Bargs and Calderon. It's not because they are in the Raptors that we necessarily overvalue them. Bargnani is a 7 footer who's a good scorer and who can shoot lights out when he's into it. He got really good abilities for a man of his size and he's quicker than most PF/C. Calderon is one of the best playmakers in the league and he's a leader. He's a really good shooter and he takes care of the ball like nobody else.

    That's what those two players are, and this is not subjective at all.

  16. #16
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    27
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Jose is 31 and has had dealt with injuries the past few seasons. He can't keep up with most of the starting PGs in the league and is a liability at the end of games on the defensive end. If you guys are expecting a Boozer (why would you want him anyway?), Deng (a borderline all-star SF), Al Jefferson/Mo Williams, or even a lottery pick...you guys will be very disappointed
    Last edited by BD12; Wed Nov 21st, 2012 at 01:36 PM.

  17. #17
    Raptors Republic Rookie footarez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Sofia,Bulgaria
    Posts
    180
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
    I don't overvalue those 2 at all. Bargs and Calderon are Bargs and Calderon. It's not because they are in the Raptors that we necessarily overvalue them. Bargnani is a 7 footer who's a good scorer and who can shoot lights out when he's into it. He got really good abilities for a man of his size and he's quicker than most PF/C. Calderon is one of the best playmakers in the league and he's a leader. He's a really good shooter and he takes care of the ball like nobody else.

    That's what those two players are, and this is not subjective at all.
    The trade with Cleveland is actually also interesting and seems more realistic to me. We could argue that you overvalue them and I undervalue them but bargnani is inefficiant scorer (stats for that can be seen all over the bargnani thread) with very weak defense especially for his position. I agree he can shoot the lights out but unfortunately he is into it not very often. He has good abilities but he is not showing them often enough and he also does have inabilities - such as help defense. On Calderon we agree here but if I may add that he gets injured often, he may start to regress and his contract is not that great. As primary ball stopper on defense he is also very weak but you are rigth that a lot of teams can and should use him. I like Calderon a lot and if we can package him with bargnani for any of the trades you proposed I would scream Raptors win x 3 times Chuck Swirsky style.

  18. #18
    Raptors Republic All-Star charlesnba23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,037
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote footarez wrote: View Post
    The trade with Cleveland is actually also interesting and seems more realistic to me. We could argue that you overvalue them and I undervalue them but bargnani is inefficiant scorer (stats for that can be seen all over the bargnani thread) with very weak defense especially for his position. I agree he can shoot the lights out but unfortunately he is into it not very often. He has good abilities but he is not showing them often enough and he also does have inabilities - such as help defense. On Calderon we agree here but if I may add that he gets injured often, he may start to regress and his contract is not that great. As primary ball stopper on defense he is also very weak but you are rigth that a lot of teams can and should use him. I like Calderon a lot and if we can package him with bargnani for any of the trades you proposed I would scream Raptors win x 3 times Chuck Swirsky style.
    Thank you. I agree with you

  19. #19
    Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,393
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Can we trade Bryan instead?

  20. #20
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    888
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote planetmars wrote: View Post
    Can we trade Bryan instead?
    Haha. Good one. Package Jose with Andrea, Amir, Demar or Linas to get draft picks and cap flexibility (expiring contracts, TPE, etc..). We really don't want to get any "good" players back *sarcasm*. Let's get the tank rolling early and make sure we're in the protected draft pick zone for at least the next few years. Oh, and bring Jay Triano back.

    Yes, it's time to "Decelerate the Rebuilding Process". (tm)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •