Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We should trade Calderon right now. What could Calderon plus Bargnani get?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

planetmars wrote: View Post
    Can we trade Bryan instead?
    Haha. Good one. Package Jose with Andrea, Amir, Demar or Linas to get draft picks and cap flexibility (expiring contracts, TPE, etc..). We really don't want to get any "good" players back *sarcasm*. Let's get the tank rolling early and make sure we're in the protected draft pick zone for at least the next few years. Oh, and bring Jay Triano back.

Yes, it's time to "Decelerate the Rebuilding Process". (tm)

Comment

Jose Trade

Stop it ! Stop it ! Stop it ! Keep the man until he retires. Hang up his Jersey in the Rafters( derservedly so!!). You need 2 good PG these days due to the obvious chance of injury. He does a great job with utter professionalism. He is a role model for the younger ones.

Comment

It's not like Calderon is an unknown commodity, he's been playing like this for the last eight years. Teams know who he is, a stretch like he is having now will not change his value.

Comment

How about Jose and a second round pick to Atlanta for Devin Harris and a first rounder.
          Atlanta could use a PG like Jose and both guys are on expiring deals.
          Harris coul dbe better suitied to play in teh back court at teh same time as Lowry and he can run a team in a pinch.

Edit: I don't want to trade Jose, but if we could get a first round pick out of it I would be OK.
          Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Jose for Perkins Maynor, and our pick back.

Comment

Agrippa wrote: View Post
              It's not like Calderon is an unknown commodity, he's been playing like this for the last eight years. Teams know who he is, a stretch like he is having now will not change his value.
              Exactly.

Comment

footarez wrote: View Post
                All those trades may seem reaonable in the trade machine - salary wise but in real life they would NEVER happen. The only one remotely possible would be the one with Detroit. I think we reaaaaaaly overvalue Bargnani and Calderon. If we get a decent player + picks in return we should be happy. I don't see another Turkoglu for Barbosa type of trade + didn't turn out so great in the end anyway.
                I don't overvalue those 2 at all. Bargs and Calderon are Bargs and Calderon. It's not because they are in the Raptors that we necessarily overvalue them. Bargnani is a 7 footer who's a good scorer and who can shoot lights out when he's into it. He got really good abilities for a man of his size and he's quicker than most PF/C. Calderon is one of the best playmakers in the league and he's a leader. He's a really good shooter and he takes care of the ball like nobody else.

That's what those two players are, and this is not subjective at all.

Comment

Jose is 31 and has had dealt with injuries the past few seasons. He can't keep up with most of the starting PGs in the league and is a liability at the end of games on the defensive end. If you guys are expecting a Boozer (why would you want him anyway?), Deng (a borderline all-star SF), Al Jefferson/Mo Williams, or even a lottery pick...you guys will be very disappointed
                  Last edited by BD12; Wed Nov 21, 2012, 02:36 PM.

Comment

BD12 wrote: View Post
                    Jose is 31 and has had dealt with injuries the past few seasons. He can't keep up with most of the starting PGs in the league and is a liability at the end of games on the defensive end. If you guys are expecting a Boozer (why would you want him anyway?), Deng (a borderline all-star SF), Al Jefferson/Mo Williams, or even a lottery pick...you guys will be very disappointed
                    Well those are clearly the ones that won't happen, but if you look at the trades with Detroit, Washington or Cleveland, I think both teams would take a serious look at it. I'd love the one with Cleveland.

Comment

Calderon, Bargnani, TRoss, and Kleiza to Chicago for Deng and Boozer. I think that's a realistic scenario and I would make that trade today.

Comment

charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
                        I don't overvalue those 2 at all. Bargs and Calderon are Bargs and Calderon. It's not because they are in the Raptors that we necessarily overvalue them. Bargnani is a 7 footer who's a good scorer and who can shoot lights out when he's into it. He got really good abilities for a man of his size and he's quicker than most PF/C. Calderon is one of the best playmakers in the league and he's a leader. He's a really good shooter and he takes care of the ball like nobody else.

That's what those two players are, and this is not subjective at all.
                        The trade with Cleveland is actually also interesting and seems more realistic to me. We could argue that you overvalue them and I undervalue them but bargnani is inefficiant scorer (stats for that can be seen all over the bargnani thread) with very weak defense especially for his position. I agree he can shoot the lights out but unfortunately he is into it not very often. He has good abilities but he is not showing them often enough and he also does have inabilities - such as help defense. On Calderon we agree here but if I may add that he gets injured often, he may start to regress and his contract is not that great. As primary ball stopper on defense he is also very weak but you are rigth that a lot of teams can and should use him. I like Calderon a lot and if we can package him with bargnani for any of the trades you proposed I would scream Raptors win x 3 times Chuck Swirsky style.

Comment

I'd rather not have Boozer to be honest

Comment

optifan wrote: View Post
                            Calderon, Bargnani, TRoss, and Kleiza to Chicago for Deng and Boozer. I think that's a realistic scenario and I would make that trade today.
                            Personally I think that's an awful trade. I'd rather have Bargnani than Boozer and, for a rebuilding team, would rather have Ross than Deng (too injury-prone for my liking and getting old). I get that some people overvalue Raptors players but, in this case, I think you're severely undervaluing them and/or overvaluing Chicago's two players.

Comment

So, let me get this straight: He's playing great ball, knows how to run the team, crazy assist (54 in 4 games..before the last one) and knows how to run a team. So, it's Jose's fault that we lose games? Uhhhh, no. Trade Bargs. Cats need to stop getting trade-happy like this NBA2K13. ***. If it wasn't for Jose, we'd look sillier on the floor, on a nightly basis.
                              The NBA Larry O'Brien Trophy's 'Big Decision': "This is hard..(smiling)...but..I've decided to take my talents to North Texas, to join The Dallas Mavericks.

"My Gladiator verses VS. what ya verse says"--Adversaree
                              Check out my song "Beat Fighter 2010" (prod. by Pete Cannon)
                              www.myspace.com/adversareeteamfresh
                              http://www.youtube.com/user/adversaree
                              http://twitter.com/#!/GiftOfSpeech (Twitter)

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                                Personally I think that's an awful trade. I'd rather have Bargnani than Boozer and, for a rebuilding team, would rather have Ross than Deng (too injury-prone for my liking and getting old). I get that some people overvalue Raptors players but, in this case, I think you're severely undervaluing them and/or overvaluing Chicago's two players.
                                The way I see it, Boozer can be our starting PF for the next two years at which point hopefully Davis or Amir can take the starting spot. Deng is only 27, same age as Bargnani and is our answer finally at the SF spot. His numbers are fantastic and he's a good defender. In my opinion a better player overall than Bargnani. The only part I'd miss is Ross but only because of his potential, which may or may not be realized years down the road.

Comment

Working...
                                X