Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 63

Thread: We should trade Calderon right now. What could Calderon plus Bargnani get?

  1. #21
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    27
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Agrippa wrote: View Post
    It's not like Calderon is an unknown commodity, he's been playing like this for the last eight years. Teams know who he is, a stretch like he is having now will not change his value.
    Exactly.

  2. #22
    Raptors Republic Starter charlesnba23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    981
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote footarez wrote: View Post
    All those trades may seem reaonable in the trade machine - salary wise but in real life they would NEVER happen. The only one remotely possible would be the one with Detroit. I think we reaaaaaaly overvalue Bargnani and Calderon. If we get a decent player + picks in return we should be happy. I don't see another Turkoglu for Barbosa type of trade + didn't turn out so great in the end anyway.
    I don't overvalue those 2 at all. Bargs and Calderon are Bargs and Calderon. It's not because they are in the Raptors that we necessarily overvalue them. Bargnani is a 7 footer who's a good scorer and who can shoot lights out when he's into it. He got really good abilities for a man of his size and he's quicker than most PF/C. Calderon is one of the best playmakers in the league and he's a leader. He's a really good shooter and he takes care of the ball like nobody else.

    That's what those two players are, and this is not subjective at all.

  3. #23
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    27
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Jose is 31 and has had dealt with injuries the past few seasons. He can't keep up with most of the starting PGs in the league and is a liability at the end of games on the defensive end. If you guys are expecting a Boozer (why would you want him anyway?), Deng (a borderline all-star SF), Al Jefferson/Mo Williams, or even a lottery pick...you guys will be very disappointed
    Last edited by BD12; Wed Nov 21st, 2012 at 01:36 PM.

  4. #24
    Raptors Republic Starter charlesnba23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    981
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote BD12 wrote: View Post
    Jose is 31 and has had dealt with injuries the past few seasons. He can't keep up with most of the starting PGs in the league and is a liability at the end of games on the defensive end. If you guys are expecting a Boozer (why would you want him anyway?), Deng (a borderline all-star SF), Al Jefferson/Mo Williams, or even a lottery pick...you guys will be very disappointed
    Well those are clearly the ones that won't happen, but if you look at the trades with Detroit, Washington or Cleveland, I think both teams would take a serious look at it. I'd love the one with Cleveland.

  5. #25
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    49
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Calderon, Bargnani, TRoss, and Kleiza to Chicago for Deng and Boozer. I think that's a realistic scenario and I would make that trade today.

  6. #26
    Raptors Republic Rookie footarez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Sofia,Bulgaria
    Posts
    178
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
    I don't overvalue those 2 at all. Bargs and Calderon are Bargs and Calderon. It's not because they are in the Raptors that we necessarily overvalue them. Bargnani is a 7 footer who's a good scorer and who can shoot lights out when he's into it. He got really good abilities for a man of his size and he's quicker than most PF/C. Calderon is one of the best playmakers in the league and he's a leader. He's a really good shooter and he takes care of the ball like nobody else.

    That's what those two players are, and this is not subjective at all.
    The trade with Cleveland is actually also interesting and seems more realistic to me. We could argue that you overvalue them and I undervalue them but bargnani is inefficiant scorer (stats for that can be seen all over the bargnani thread) with very weak defense especially for his position. I agree he can shoot the lights out but unfortunately he is into it not very often. He has good abilities but he is not showing them often enough and he also does have inabilities - such as help defense. On Calderon we agree here but if I may add that he gets injured often, he may start to regress and his contract is not that great. As primary ball stopper on defense he is also very weak but you are rigth that a lot of teams can and should use him. I like Calderon a lot and if we can package him with bargnani for any of the trades you proposed I would scream Raptors win x 3 times Chuck Swirsky style.

  7. #27
    Raptors Republic All-Star wallz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    New Brunswick
    Posts
    2,133
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I'd rather not have Boozer to be honest

  8. #28
    Super Moderator CalgaryRapsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,064
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote optifan wrote: View Post
    Calderon, Bargnani, TRoss, and Kleiza to Chicago for Deng and Boozer. I think that's a realistic scenario and I would make that trade today.
    Personally I think that's an awful trade. I'd rather have Bargnani than Boozer and, for a rebuilding team, would rather have Ross than Deng (too injury-prone for my liking and getting old). I get that some people overvalue Raptors players but, in this case, I think you're severely undervaluing them and/or overvaluing Chicago's two players.

  9. #29
    Raptors Republic Starter GameBreaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    www.myspace.com/adversareeteamfresh
    Posts
    352
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    So, let me get this straight: He's playing great ball, knows how to run the team, crazy assist (54 in 4 games..before the last one) and knows how to run a team. So, it's Jose's fault that we lose games? Uhhhh, no. Trade Bargs. Cats need to stop getting trade-happy like this NBA2K13. ***. If it wasn't for Jose, we'd look sillier on the floor, on a nightly basis.
    The NBA Larry O'Brien Trophy's 'Big Decision': "This is hard..(smiling)...but..I've decided to take my talents to North Texas, to join The Dallas Mavericks.


    "My Gladiator verses VS. what ya verse says"--Adversaree
    Check out my song "Beat Fighter 2010" (prod. by Pete Cannon)
    www.myspace.com/adversareeteamfresh
    http://www.youtube.com/user/adversaree
    http://twitter.com/#!/GiftOfSpeech (Twitter)

  10. #30
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    49
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    Personally I think that's an awful trade. I'd rather have Bargnani than Boozer and, for a rebuilding team, would rather have Ross than Deng (too injury-prone for my liking and getting old). I get that some people overvalue Raptors players but, in this case, I think you're severely undervaluing them and/or overvaluing Chicago's two players.
    The way I see it, Boozer can be our starting PF for the next two years at which point hopefully Davis or Amir can take the starting spot. Deng is only 27, same age as Bargnani and is our answer finally at the SF spot. His numbers are fantastic and he's a good defender. In my opinion a better player overall than Bargnani. The only part I'd miss is Ross but only because of his potential, which may or may not be realized years down the road.

  11. #31
    Raptors Republic All-Star hateslosing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    New Brunswick
    Posts
    1,524
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I think that Calderon by himself is a big chip, particularly becasue of his expiring contract. Next years free agent class is pretty good with guys like Chris Paul, Manu Ginobli, Josh Smith, and Andrew Bynum and don't forget Dwight who is still a free agent after this season. That is Jose's value, he's a good point guard that a team can rent out for the rest of the season then use his cap hit to pick up a free agent. If you add Bargs to that deal you really lose the value he provides becasue of Bargs' cap hit. If you want to move both of them, it makes a lot more sense to trade them seperately, Calderon to a playoff team that wants to be good and still make a splash in the offseason and Bargnani to a team that is looking for that extra scroing punch and has an asset (either a pick or a guy they don't have minutes for that is pretty good) that we are interested in.

    For Calderon, something with Danny Granger could work since Indiana needs a better point and Granger is not a necessary piece anymore. We'd probably have to throw in Ross or Ed Davis or something.

    For Bargnani, I think Atlanta could be interested. They need a big man and may be willing to trade an expiring Devin Harris and pieces for Bargs. This would be more to jettison Bargs and have cap space next year than to actually get a good player. Actually in this scenario it would make sense to keep Jose's expiring and go after Josh Smith in free agency.
    "When Life gives you lemons, you clone those Lemons to make super lemons!"
    -Scudworth

  12. #32
    Raptors Republic Starter mountio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    714
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Agrippa wrote: View Post
    Jose for Perkins Maynor, and our pick back.
    So Jose is as good as Lowry, including a much worse contract dollar wise and the fact hes a FA next year, plus we should get another player. That sounds about right ..... ?????

  13. #33
    Raptors Republic Starter charlesnba23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    981
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote footarez wrote: View Post
    The trade with Cleveland is actually also interesting and seems more realistic to me. We could argue that you overvalue them and I undervalue them but bargnani is inefficiant scorer (stats for that can be seen all over the bargnani thread) with very weak defense especially for his position. I agree he can shoot the lights out but unfortunately he is into it not very often. He has good abilities but he is not showing them often enough and he also does have inabilities - such as help defense. On Calderon we agree here but if I may add that he gets injured often, he may start to regress and his contract is not that great. As primary ball stopper on defense he is also very weak but you are rigth that a lot of teams can and should use him. I like Calderon a lot and if we can package him with bargnani for any of the trades you proposed I would scream Raptors win x 3 times Chuck Swirsky style.
    Thank you. I agree with you

  14. #34
    Raptors Republic Rookie Mindlessness's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    109
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I wouldn't want to trade Calderon OR Bargnani until Lowry and Fields are fully healthy. Mostly because of the fact they are the reason we are still in games(well not really Bargs, but rather pckg. him w/ Jose). When those two are healthy, then I'll pull a trade. And when that happens, any of the ones you mentioned would be perfect. I'd personally prefer the Smith/Jefferson ones. But if any of these trades are happening, it's either the Clevelands trade, or the Chicago trade.

  15. #35
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    225
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote golden wrote: View Post
    Haha. Good one. Package Jose with Andrea, Amir, Demar or Linas to get draft picks and cap flexibility (expiring contracts, TPE, etc..). We really don't want to get any "good" players back *sarcasm*. Let's get the tank rolling early and make sure we're in the protected draft pick zone for at least the next few years. Oh, and bring Jay Triano back.

    Yes, it's time to "Decelerate the Rebuilding Process". (tm)
    can we throw in Matt Devlin with that package to sweeten up the deal?

  16. #36
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    175
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    that amare and shumpert one is awesome imo... is amare great on d? hell no but he could fill the void of scoring left by bargs and by doing it in the paint and also rebounding like we need. My only problem with this is his giant contract mixed with his age. Reduces our flexibility but shumpert could be big add as well hes a DC kinda player.

  17. #37
    Raptors Republic All-Star Miekenstien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,755
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Burnit482 wrote: View Post
    that amare and shumpert one is awesome imo... is amare great on d? hell no but he could fill the void of scoring left by bargs and by doing it in the paint and also rebounding like we need. My only problem with this is his giant contract mixed with his age.
    the void he fills is "who do we play at pf" because he spends all his time in street clothes we don't need to worry about the logjam

  18. #38
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    487
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    How about Bargs + Calderon + Davis to Miami for Bosh + Cole - We get good old Bosh back who can help us get to the playoff. In the offseason, we get Carter, T-Mac, Arroyo, while give Charlie V the vet minimum to play for us.

    OR

    Bargs + Calderon + Ross for LaMarcus Aldridge + Wes Matthews.

    Only in dreams

  19. #39
    Raptors Republic Starter KeonClark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    602
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote ball4life wrote: View Post
    can we throw in Matt Devlin with that package to sweeten up the deal?
    "no call"

  20. #40
    Raptors Republic All-Star Miekenstien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,755
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote tenforthewin wrote: View Post
    How about Bargs + Calderon + Davis to Miami for Bosh + Cole - We get good old Bosh back who can help us get to the playoff. In the offseason, we get Carter, T-Mac, Arroyo, while give Charlie V the vet minimum to play for us.

    OR

    Bargs + Calderon + Ross for LaMarcus Aldridge + Wes Matthews.

    Only in dreams
    don't mind the miami trade but i think we should grab james instead. he answers our sf problem. then we can sign him to an extension and retire his jersey.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •