Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: GT: Raps @ Charlotte - November 21

Post Thanks / Like

jesus christ if we can't beat teams we are supposed to beat we will be lucky to break 30 wins

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm getting to the point I can't watch anymore. There's only been one game this season that the Raps have shot more foul shots than the other team. So far this season they've shot sixty less foul shots then the other teams they've played.

What's the point in watching? Last year was the same thing. The Raps ended up with an absurd free throw disparity. And nothing was done. I mean Taylor did everything but throw Demar in the Octagon and UFC him. In that last twenty seconds there was four clear fouls that I saw. Oh well, the American team won. Yeah, who cares about the Canadian team...Ethnocentricity rules!!

Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

At this point I'm just looking for an entertaining game win or lose, and that was an entertaining game.

The refs did blow that call in the end, but they really gave up a lot of easy baskets to the Bobcats on the other end in the 4th. I'm still not a fan of the Lowry/Calderon duo in the fourth, but as long as we have Jose on the team that will continue to happen.

Post Thanks / Like

I couldn't watch the game, what was the blown call(s)?

Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Meh. You're never going to get that call specially late in the game. Specially Bargnani.

Anyway, they lost this game because of that one play when they were up 96-93. Charlotte misses a shot and Raps had a chance to nail down the hammer, but what did Lowry do? shoot a long 3pt shot with 5 secs left in the shot clock. STUPID. Bobcats get the ball back, Kemba scores on a 3pt play. Valanciunas fouled out. At that time you know it's de ja vu all over again.

Post Thanks / Like

Devastating.
    "You donít know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote TRex wrote: View Post
    Meh. You're never going to get that call specially late in the game. Specially Bargnani.

Anyway, they lost this game because of that one play when they were up 96-93. Charlotte misses a shot and Raps had a chance to nail down the hammer, but what did Lowry do? shoot a long 3pt shot with 5 secs left in the shot clock. STUPID. Bobcats get the ball back, Kemba scores on a 3pt play. Valanciunas fouled out. At that time you know it's de ja vu all over again.
    So the five or six calls that Derozan should have got shouldn't count?

Post Thanks / Like

They lost this game because of the referees.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Devastating.
    I don't think it really matters anymore. It's going to be good for the league when OKC gets the 4th pick from us. That's all $tern cares about.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure I can take it anymore.

Post Thanks / Like

Val had a hell of a game, wow. He's one of those guys who's stats don't even begin to tell you what he does in games.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

lowry looked a little rusty out there, I can't help but think if he was playing as well as pre-injury we pull this one out. Bargnani got no respect!! clear foul. which we saw more ed...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote KHD wrote: View Post
    They lost this game because of the referees.
    Nope. They lost this game because of poor execution when they were up 96-93.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote akashsingh wrote: View Post
    lowry looked a little rusty out there, I can't help but think if he was playing as well as pre-injury we pull this one out. Bargnani got no respect!! clear foul. which we saw more ed...
    Lowry ruined a beautiful game he had going down the stretch with poor decisions and what one might call hero ball. There is a fine line between stepping up and forcing the situation then making poor decisions. It is a shame though, he had such a great game going.
    Bruno Caboclo

Post Thanks / Like

Nope. They lost this game because of poor execution when they were up 96-93.
    +1
    Bruno Caboclo

Raptors Republic All-Star Mediumcore's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

If this keeps up I'm going to get a stomach ulcer

Raptors Republic Starter RAPresenting's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I hate excuses more then anything but anyone who wants to bitch about the officiating gets a pass from me. There were some god awful calls or no calls made tonight. I missed the 1st half and caught the game from the 8 minute mark of the third.

Was glad to see Casey stick with Dre and JV when the other team went small and he even took out Jose late for defensive purposes. Gotta give credit when it's due and I've been one if not his harshest critic but he was good tonight from what I saw with the rotations.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Lowry ruined a beautiful game he had going down the stretch with poor decisions and what one might call hero ball. There is a fine line between stepping up and forcing the situation then making poor decisions. It is a shame though, he had such a great game going.
    Exactly. I love Lowry and i know he's a confident guy but you gotta make smart decisions specially in situations like that. He seems to always want to be the hero late in game.

Post Thanks / Like

It would be unhealthy not to mention JV.

He is going to be very good. I am cautious to say great but that is what I want to say.
    Bruno Caboclo

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

I haven't been this angry since the packers/Seahawks game.

This wasn't debatable though. A clear blatant foul on bargs.
    Entourage: Harvey - "E (BC) was right, there's genius in this (Bargnani)"
    Ari - "You wanna buy it?"
    Harvey - "I do, for a dollar"

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread Information