Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: GT: Raps @ Charlotte - November 21

Post Thanks / Like

Oh yeah, another positive, Ross got some burn and he played well on O and still struggling to figure it out on D. Glad to see him play.
    "You donít know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

if i were on the team there would be refs getting knocked the fuck out i dont know how they hold back

Raptors Republic Starter RAPresenting's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Lowry ruined a beautiful game he had going down the stretch with poor decisions and what one might call hero ball. There is a fine line between stepping up and forcing the situation then making poor decisions. It is a shame though, he had such a great game going.
    Completely agree he was at his best driving and kicking when the defense collapsed. That 3 point shot was almost reasoning for a new television set as the remote was flirting with the screen.

Was anyone watching on Sports Net? How about them cutting out for lock out NHL talk with less then a minute to go.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

I just counted it. We've had 72 less free throws than our opponents. In 12 games that's about an average of six per game. Brutal...how many games have we lost with five points or less?

Raptors Republic Superstar BasketballCrush's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The final play was not the one I was most angry about, a couple of attempts before that were obvious fouls

Post Thanks / Like

And a third slice of optimism.... hijacked by a sad reality:

Bargnani hit some clutch shots in the 4th which Raps would not have had a chance of winning without.... but he contributed little else.
    Bruno Caboclo

Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

It would be unhealthy not to mention JV.

He is going to be very good. I am cautious to say great but that is what I want to say.
    I wish i could ask Casey what's the difference between tonight's game and last night's game. Why did JV get all the minutes in the 4th, Charlotte were playing small as well just like Philly last night.

Post Thanks / Like

DeRozan made some nice baskets down the stretch after what was probably his worst game of the year.

A little note to DeMar: start thinking football. You don't see a RB holding the ball straight out in front of his junk. It doesn't work in basketball either. Protect the ball and keep it above the equator.
    Bruno Caboclo

Post Thanks / Like

Quote TRex wrote: View Post
    I wish i could ask Casey what's the difference between tonight's game and last night's game. Why did JV get all the minutes in the 4th, Charlotte were playing small as well just like Philly last night.
    RaptorRepublic backlash
    Bruno Caboclo

Post Thanks / Like

It should be noted that the player who got away with a foul on Bargs was a rookie. We cant even get the call in that situation then why bother watching. Especially after the flurry of fouls the sequence before that.

Garbage officiating all year. Par for the course for the NBA.

Raptors Republic Superstar BasketballCrush's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

He may just be cultivating the hunger for minutes. We all agree that throwing minutes at Andrea was not always beneficial to his development. I am fine with him having to pay his dues.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote BasketballCrush wrote: View Post
    He may just be cultivating the hunger for minutes. We all agree that throwing minutes at Andrea was not always beneficial to his development. I am fine with him having to pay his dues.
    It was not beneficial for Bargnani in year 7 either when Casey said at start of training camp the only position decided is PF.
    Bruno Caboclo

Raptors Republic All-Star KeonClark's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Another heartbreaking loss. DeRozan hacked all game, Bargnani hacked at end. What a joke.

Post Thanks / Like

DeRozan made some nice baskets down the stretch after what was probably his worst game of the year.

A little note to DeMar: start thinking football. You don't see a RB holding the ball straight out in front of his junk. It doesn't work in basketball either. Protect the ball and keep it above the equator.
    I love DD but he gotta get tougher. One thing i've noticed about him not just tonight, if you play him physical he's going to break. That's what happened tonight. Taylor played him tough. Gotta get tougher.

Raptors Republic All-Star Mediumcore's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Just like in boxing or MMA, you don't want to leave the outcome in the hands of the judges...or in our case in the hands of the refs. Raps gotta go out there and take the win and not put it in the refs hands to bail them out with a call. Refs obviously aren't going to be doing us any favours.

Post Thanks / Like

Another game where they blew a big lead. Same old problems over and over again. If they lose in Detroit something is going to give.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not bashing Casey, but I'd like to see more fire out of him with his players as well as with the refs. He just seems so accepting of everything. I caught his post game interview with media and he actually laughed about something and I was thinking that he should be more pissed right after a loss.

Post Thanks / Like

Nope. They lost this game because of poor execution when they were up 96-93.
    Don't forget the 10 point lead they blew in the second half. Again.

Post Thanks / Like

The only person I want to hear from right now is Colangelo. He needs to address the fans about the state of this team.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote slaw wrote: View Post
    Another game where they blew a big lead. Same old problems over and over again. If they lose in Detroit something is going to give.
    Who do u blame though? the only guy that you can blame is BC. He's the one that assembled this team. And frankly i'm not that impressed with how this team is assembled this year. Take out Lowry and this is the same team as last year and the year before. There's just not enough talent.

BC said after last season that he's going to upgrade the SF position. Is Fields really that much of an upgrade over James Johnson?

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread Information