Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Culture of Losing

Hybrid View

Raptors Republic All-Star Hotshot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Culture of Losing

I believe the majoriity of the players on this team have been accustomed to losing and they can't phatom themsleves to actually win. In every close game they look like old war vets who have been shell shocked and can't perform when the battle is the most fierce. Casey is not going to change that, the only way you are going to change that is trade most of the players that been here for the past 3-4 seasons and start a new team because they are used to losing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Hotshot wrote: View Post
    I believe the majoriity of the players on this team have been accustomed to losing and they can't phatom themsleves to actually win. In every close game they look like old war vets who have been shell shocked and can't perform when the battle is the most fierce. Casey is not going to change that, the only way you are going to change that is trade most of the players that been here for the past 3-4 seasons and start a new team because they are used to losing.
    What's that? trade all the loser players you say? I'll get right on that.

Raptors Republic Starter KeonClark's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't even care anymore. Finish 28th again, we keep our 1st rounder, maybe in 5 years him and Valanciunas will have something going.

Raptors Republic All-Star Craiger's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

its not a culture of losing, its a culture of lack of talent

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Craiger wrote: View Post
    No the talents there. But the refs are too busy choking on their whistles when the raptors have possession of the ball, Bargnani can't rebound or play defense, and casey is continuing to make weird substitutions

Raptors Republic Starter KeonClark's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

WE LOSE= White Europeans, Laughably Overrated Sucking Everytime

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    No the talents there. But the refs are too busy choking on their whistles when the raptors have possession of the ball, Bargnani can't rebound or play defense, and casey is continuing to make weird substitutions
    No the talent is not there. Talented enough to be NBA'ers? Yep. Talented enough to be a winning basketball team with the possibility of becoming an elite squad? No 'effing way.

The makeup of this team is flawed. We have no depth. Our trades and FA pickups have been dreadful. Draft picks have not worked out. DD is a plus offensive and minus defensive player. AB is a volume scorer and historically poor help defender. ED is a scrub. JV looks to have the ceiling of a solid to above-average NBA center. "yawn". Lowry is crazy talented and a hero-baller who hero'd his way out of his last gig. And that's basically the team.

Detroit, Charlotte, Minnesota, Dallas, Utah. We're losing to bottom-feeding teams because we are, in fact, a bottom-feeding team. The argument of being 'young' is now old. We are humbled by Nick Young, for Christ sake. We simply do not have enough talent and the end of the tunnel is very very far away.

Post Thanks / Like

Lets face it, everyone hates the raptors. Every close game we lost is all cause of the refs, i can give that to u in writing. The footage is all there. Can't wait till david stern retires, hopefully then the league won't be such a joke.

Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree but they do have some talent though. JV, Ross, DeRozan, Lowry and Calderon. That's legit talent right there. Problem is, the rest of the roster is full of stiffs. Poorly assembled. Colangelo you readin this?

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

That's exactly the issue, it has nothing to do with "culture" or anything else. The ownership has created this regime and they've conspired to put a pathetic product on the court.

Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Brandon wrote: View Post
    ...The ownership has created this regime and they've conspired to put a pathetic product on the court.
    "Hey Brian. Guess who called and wants to do a trade?"
    " No way. All they've got are good players on that team. I'm surprised you picked up the phone."
    Yeah, I know. I was just jerking his chain."

Raptors Republic All-Star JimiCliff's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

That's exactly the issue, it has nothing to do with "culture" or anything else. The ownership has created this regime and they've conspired to put a pathetic product on the court.
    It isn't that they've conspired to put a bad team together - that's insane. They just really trust Colangelo. And I'll bet that this team makes money every year, so to the owners, it's like, "who cares if we aren't winning?"

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

100%

If we still had triano or other idiots coaching us I would agree that you could make the argument. but casey understands culture, he won a championship, he's coached great players and he's not a loser.

If Bargnani shows up and plays the way he has for his entire career, he will be a useless defender and rebounder. if we keep putting jose on the court, we will allow dribble penetration ala jrue holiday's career game the other day. You put on DD, and he's not all of a sudden going to be able to become an elite playmaker.

They are simply not talented enough to compete consistently. It was the same with the hawks for the last several years. They had some good players, some talented guys, but you put them in a playoff series against elite teams, and they just weren't good enough because Joe Johnson doesn't play the whole game, and Josh smith isn't good enough offensively to dominate.

The point is...after a certain amount of time, you are what you are. culture has nothing to do with anything. If Boston or LA created a second or third team with the same ownership, and we sold all of our players to them, they still wouldn't win

Post Thanks / Like

He's looking like an elite prospect

Raptors Republic All-Star Miekenstien's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

this team really needs to win some close games. it is getting really shitty with all the fourth quarter meltdowns. i think a big part of the step forward is on bc. he has to take some of the decisions out of dcs' hands. he should have 9 "clear" rotation players and a bunch of depth/matchup players. other than the starting 5 no one knows how much playing time they are going top get and it is hurting everyone. "making your minutes count and not counting your minutes" is fine to a point. that mantra is more for players who aren't rotation material. no way ed and ross should be averaging less than 10 minutes a game.

anyone smarter than me know when the free agents from this year are allowed to be traded? is it in december? i think thats generally when shit starts to hit the fan.

Raptors Republic Superstar ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, when Casey is continuously trying to force feed everything to Bargnani, and leaving Calderon - who's been abysmal - on the floor late, it's not really winning games.

Raptors Republic All-Star JimiCliff's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Hotshot wrote: View Post
    Casey is not going to change that, the only way you are going to change that is trade most of the players that been here for the past 3-4 seasons and start a new team because they are used to losing.
    It isn't a question of culture, it's a question of talent. Colangelo let Bosh leave for nothing, he hasn't drafted especially well, and his free agent moves tend to be questionable at best. The talent just isn't there. So, we lose.

Post Thanks / Like

Lowry will just give you a beat down philly style lol. Bargnani will feed you primo pasta till you die

Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I love Kleiza man. He's like the enforcer on this team and he can play too.
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

Post Thanks / Like

A lineup of Bargnani, Amir, DeRozan, Ross and Calderon is fantastic. Aside from Ross, they already have good chemistry as a unit and the entire unit is pretty well balanced. The problem for the Raptors, is that on a playoff/contending caliber team, this would be a highly effective 2nd unit!

Lowry and Valanciunas (after a year or two of development) are the only surefire starters. This team needs a serious upgrade of talent at the PF & wing position; players who can consistently/efficiently score AND contribute on the defensive end.

In a starting lineup with Lowry, Valanciunas and upgraded PF & SF, I think Fields could actually be a legit starting SG too. If Fields could provide above average perimeter defense and consistently knock down open 3's, I think he could be a Tony Allen type player who brings balance to the starting lineup.

This team just needs to acquire all-star/near all-star quality starting PF & SF, let Valanciunas develop and hope Fields returns to his rookie form and improves from there... hey, at least our 2nd unit is set! Oh, and the only assets we have available to acquire those starting forwards are Davis, Kleiza and 4 2nd round picks... and we wonder why we're a perennial lottery team?!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information