Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Barg on the NBA's All-Chuckers Team LOL wow!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ambidextrious wrote: View Post
    There was an interesting point made by Jack Armstrong in yesterdays game about Bargnani's building a reputation for being a target defensively. In several games this season we've seen Andrea constantly being attacked by opposing players with the same result. He is a HUGE defensive liability and has cost us the game on more than one occasion #tradebargnani
    +1 I've been tweeting on a daily basis about this #freeRaptorfans

Comment

Ambidextrious wrote: View Post
      There was an interesting point made by Jack Armstrong in yesterdays game about Bargnani's building a reputation for being a target defensively. In several games this season we've seen Andrea constantly being attacked by opposing players with the same result. He is a HUGE defensive liability and has cost us the game on more than one occasion #tradebargnani
      +1

here's the thing...other teams LOVE when he's on the court because, even though he's talented offensively, he doesn't make up for how poor he is defensively. I am actually embarrassed watching him sometimes and i really think it's just time to move on.

At the very least we should move him to the bench. To the point which Grantland is making about effeciency, I think he would be more efficient as a 6th man who can come off the bench. If he's hot let him stay on, otherwise he shouldn't be used as anything more than a nick young type player who can come off the bench and score

Comment

BallaBalla wrote: View Post
        ...At the very least we should move him to the bench...
        I'm finally onboard with this. If you can't trade him, let him play against some of the NBA's lesser talents. He might play with more energy if he is only getting 25 minutes a night. If Fields comes back with any kind of a shot, let JV and Ed start.

Comment

The problem is, Ed isn't good enough to start and We'd have a ton of issues offensively.

The Raptors have started just fine in the last 4-5 games (except Boston). It's usually when the bench comes in, the lead disappears.

Comment

timdunkit wrote: View Post
            The problem is, Ed isn't good enough to start and We'd have a ton of issues offensively.

The Raptors have started just fine in the last 4-5 games (except Boston). It's usually when the bench comes in, the lead disappears.
            The problem is, Bargnani isn't good enough to start and we'd have a ton of issues defensively (see what I did there?).

We're 3-9. Zero reason to hold onto any particular unit/rotation. This team certainly can't get any worse trying Davis (or Amir) as our starter, just to shake things up a little and see what happens.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
              The problem is, Bargnani isn't good enough to start and we'd have a ton of issues defensively (see what I did there?).

We're 3-9. Zero reason to hold onto any particular unit/rotation. This team certainly can't get any worse trying Davis (or Amir) as our starter, just to shake things up a little and see what happens.
              lol

I also strongly disagree that ED is not good enough to start for this team ("for this team" being the key point). He is a more mobile defender than Bargs, and a better rebounder, better help defender and I honestly think he would be more consistent knowing that he would be receiving consistent minutes

we already have enough guys in the starting rotation looking to get their own shot. AB and jose as a second unit would be really effective against the second unit of ANY team in the league

Comment

BallaBalla wrote: View Post
                lol

I also strongly disagree that ED is not good enough to start for this team ("for this team" being the key point). He is a more mobile defender than Bargs, and a better rebounder, better help defender and I honestly think he would be more consistent knowing that he would be receiving consistent minutes

we already have enough guys in the starting rotation looking to get their own shot. AB and jose as a second unit would be really effective against the second unit of ANY team in the league
                +1

I don't understand why posters come on here and claim that ED cannot be a starter on this team..... This team is 3-9!!!

We need to give ED minutes so that we know once and for all if he can really be a piece moving forward! I believe that he can be a good player for us (he won't be taking long 2's and 3's like Andrea and Amir). He plays the PF like a true PF (he just needs to continue to get bigger and stronger). He's already the best rebounder we have (besides JV of course). What lose in offence we'll make up in defence, rebounding and second chance points (if we lose anything at all as our offence can still run through Lowry, DD and JV and maybe fields as a 4th/5th option if he's fixed)...

Bargnani would be good with Jose and Amir - its like we moved our starting unit last year to our 2nd unit!! Honestly, how deep would our team be then???

We need to move forward with our young ballers - The future should start now!

Comment

Working...
                X