Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12

Thread: Detroit game

Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

anyone willing for Gallinari + Mozgov for Bargnani?

Denver needs a PF. Also Gallinari is like Bargnani but can rebound better and play the Small forward position.
    Mozgov would be KEY as our backup centre <20mins a game, but he will be like Rasho was!
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Raptors Republic All-Star wallz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote enlightenment wrote: View Post

Denver needs a PF. Also Gallinari is like Bargnani but can rebound better and play the Small forward position.
    Mozgov would be KEY as our backup centre <20mins a game, but he will be like Rasho was!
    Thats actually pretty intriguing. I would like it, and it would clear up the bit of logjam Denver has. but they would probably trade Chandler before Galinari

Raptors Republic Starter RAPresenting's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Gallinari is like Bargnani in that they are both Italian and can stretch the floor yes. Rebound better then Bargnani by the slightest margin not worth mentioning. Makes Bargnani's poor FG% this season look like Galo's career. Not near as good of a scorer/shot creator for him self as Dre and way less efficient. Completely lost his touch from 3 over the last two tears and defense is a wash between the two. Best part regarding this debate is Galo is on the books until 15-16 in that year where he'll be making 11.5 million........ I'll pass on this deal as there are much better returns then this IMO if moving Bargnani.

Post Thanks / Like

Only saw the last couple minutes (and I knew what was going to happen) did Ross actually get more minutes?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote RAPresenting wrote: View Post
    Gallinari is like Bargnani in that they are both Italian and can stretch the floor yes. Rebound better then Bargnani by the slightest margin not worth mentioning. Makes Bargnani's poor FG% this season look like Galo's career. Not near as good of a scorer/shot creator for him self as Dre and way less efficient. Completely lost his touch from 3 over the last two tears and defense is a wash between the two. Best part regarding this debate is Galo is on the books until 15-16 in that year where he'll be making 11.5 million........ I'll pass on this deal as there are much better returns then this IMO if moving Bargnani.
    Im not sure what you are hoping to get out of Bargs. But If I can fit his skills into a small forward, it would be better for this team. Also the rebounding is much better, because Gallanari is not 7 feet. This will allow us to have an actual paint presence, instead of 4 wings and JV.

Raptors Republic Starter The Coach's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
    +1. Worst case scenario, he makes 50% of them
    And, as a coach, haven't you watched your team lose enough... how about take a shot at winning it with some different strategy and owning up for the loss if it backfires. Maybe it doesn't help "the process" but c'mon, the team could use a bone and I would have thrown them one if I was standing on the sideline for the last 3 minutes.

Raptors Republic Starter RAPresenting's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Im not sure what you are hoping to get out of Bargs. But If I can fit his skills into a small forward, it would be better for this team. Also the rebounding is much better, because Gallanari is not 7 feet. This will allow us to have an actual paint presence, instead of 4 wings and JV.
    Your right if you could fit his skills into a small forward it would be better for the team. All I'm saying is i don't think he is an upgrade in talent or anywhere close so why take on more salary and a longer contract. Less talent, more money and longer contracts are how you get worse not better. Is the paint presence your referring to Amir or Ed? If I'm the GM I'm looking to improve my team and this deal would be a step back in talent, salary and long term flexibility.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote RAPresenting wrote: View Post
    Your right if you could fit his skills into a small forward it would be better for the team. All I'm saying is i don't think he is an upgrade in talent or anywhere close so why take on more salary and a longer contract. Less talent, more money and longer contracts are how you get worse not better. Is the paint presence your referring to Amir or Ed? If I'm the GM I'm looking to improve my team and this deal would be a step back in talent, salary and long term flexibility.
    What im referring to, is that having a PF that plays like a wing leaves one post player. Ed or Amir playing PF would be a stronger rebounding presence, and balance out the floor on offense better

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/ey...gainst-raptors

Breakdown of a breakdown.

If you are wondering about Knight's layup, this removes any doubt.
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12

Thread Information