Detroit game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stretch wrote: View Post
    Drummond is ahead of Valanciunas at this point. No knock on JV's progress, just the way it is.
    Thats a bold statement with nothing to back you up on it. Valanciunas is easily more skilled in every category, he's the leader in rebounds for rookies. Better FT shooter, Shooter in general, Way better hands, nice hook shot, moves his feet on D, and works his tail off on both ends.

Comment

• Ed has more potential than Drummond. In my opinion
      The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• What a heartbreaking game. Didn't like Lowry's decision making at the end. I hope these experiences bond the team though, they have to break through. This is the 4th close loss (Pacers, Bobcats, Jazz).

Rest of my thoughts on the game.

Last edited by timdunkit; Fri Nov 23, 2012, 11:54 PM.

Comment

• It made no sense whatsoever for the Raptors to draft Drummond. You've already got Davis, Johnson, Bargnani and Valanciunas, why would you want to add in another immature rookie C? Developing 1 big man is hard enough, but 2 at the same time would be far more difficult, especially with the concerns about Drummond's personality and desire. Plus his attitude would not have gone with the attempted culture change in Toronto (yes, we have Bargnani who's lazy, but still). We had a hole in the wing position, and in shooting in general, and Ross filled those needs. I mean, it's been 10 games, come on.

Comment

• enlightenment wrote: View Post
            Ed has more potential than Drummond. In my opinion
            Ed Davis is KG Junior. The dude gets off his feet super quick on blocks, you blink and you miss it

Comment

• Correction: Val is not the leader in rebounds for rookies. Anthony Davis is, with 8.3, MKG is second with 6.3, and Val comes third with 6.0

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                Ed Davis is KG Junior. The dude gets off his feet super quick on blocks, you blink and you miss it
                His 5 minute games piss the crap out of me.

Comment

Correction: Val is not the leader in rebounds for rookies. Anthony Davis is, with 8.3, MKG is second with 6.3, and Val comes third with 6.0
                  Well now i know not to listen to Matt Devlin. He's still ahead of everyone else tho

Comment

• I know we are homers and Valanciunas is the 2nd coming etc... but when you compare the two for impact on the roster it looks something like this.

http://www.82games.com

Comment

His 5 minute games piss the crap out of me.
                      I know, we were playing great with him and jv on the floor. And they also seem to communicate well with eachother. Wish BC would just move Bargnani so we could play those 2 in the front court together.

Comment

• BasketballCrush wrote: View Post
                        I know we are homers and Valanciunas is the 2nd coming etc... but when you compare the two for impact on the roster it looks something like this.

When you see Austin Daye and Quincy Acy at the top you know its just stupid.

Comment

• Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
                          It made no sense whatsoever for the Raptors to draft Drummond. You've already got Davis, Johnson, Bargnani and Valanciunas, why would you want to add in another immature rookie C? Developing 1 big man is hard enough, but 2 at the same time would be far more difficult, especially with the concerns about Drummond's personality and desire. Plus his attitude would not have gone with the attempted culture change in Toronto (yes, we have Bargnani who's lazy, but still). We had a hole in the wing position, and in shooting in general, and Ross filled those needs. I mean, it's been 10 games, come on.
                          Because we were supposed to get the best player available, and could of turned Andrea into other assets.

The whole point of team building is buying low and selling high. Something we do not do. Productive rookie contracts is what separates the good teams from the bad ones.

I would also trade Derozan ASAP, before everyone realizes that this is just an anomaly.

Comment

Well now i know not to listen to Matt Devlin. He's still ahead of everyone else tho
                            ahahaha, i dont blame you!

Jonas Valancuinas has the ability to be better than every centre in the east. Can you imagine once they begin to trust him and feed him on the pick and roll? He rolls so hard every time, they never find him, not even calderon. Due to Caseys direction obviously, but once Jonas proves his stuff, he will be fed and he will score.
                            His defense is amazing right now for a rookie. I am so proud of his ability to move his feet! Also if anyone remembers Amirs foul problems, besides the tacky Rookie fouls JV gets, he is really good at contesting a shot upright!

Comment

• BasketballCrush wrote: View Post
                              I know we are homers and Valanciunas is the 2nd coming etc... but when you compare the two for impact on the roster it looks something like this.

Daye for MVP?

Comment

When you see Austin Daye and Quincy Acy at the top you know its just stupid.
                                Well you need to look at the % of minutes they are receiving. That is in the first bar, hence the 1% and 3% playing time is negligible and not enough data. You still include it, because facts are facts.

Comment

Working...
                                X