No announcement yet.

Detroit game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Come on guys... you guys can't be this dumb. 82games.com provides very good stats, no need to throw the baby out with the bath water.

Comment

• BasketballCrush wrote: View Post
      Well you need to look at the % of minutes they are receiving. That is in the first bar, hence the 1% and 3% playing time is negligible and not enough data. You still include it, because facts are facts.
      These are some stupid ass facts. I'm taking them with a grain of salt

Comment

• This still doesn't prove anything. I never pay attention to retarded advanced stats, most of the time they don't mean shit

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
          When you see Austin Daye and Quincy Acy at the top you know its just stupid.
          that is why you will have to look more carefully at their min% before jumping to conclusions.
          numbers dont lie. matt D lies.

Comment

• Yeah, you really have to take a lot more in to account, and these awkward statistics dont prove crap to me.

+/- has a plethora of causal factors to it beyond the players control.
            The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• I got to go to sleep... just so there are no ruffled feathers.

Terrance Ross is the greatest rookie ever, and JV is the best center in the whole NBA. Drummond should be waived ASAP.

good night

Comment

• draftedraptor wrote: View Post
                that is why you will have to look more carefully at their min% before jumping to conclusions.
                numbers dont lie. matt D lies.
                Numbers always lie. Just look at Adam morrison and you'll know

Comment

• +/- is also granted to the fact that bench players play bench players.
                  Val goes up against the starting center, night in and night out.

Comment

• It took me a few years of basketball to stop following stats, and begin actually judging the different aspects of a players game.

I don't blame other folks for making sweeping statements based on stats, but I wish they'd stop.

Comment

• It took me years of ass-talking before I started looking up advanced stats for professional ballers and saw the difference between blue collar streaky players from genuine stars.

Comment

• I dont care if you dont rate Drummonds game or appreciate his talent. But when you diss numbers now thats personal :P

Comment

• #advancedstatssuck

Comment

• Advanced stats are a good tool, but are dependent on the actual events on the court. There are many causal factors beyond the player, that affect stats.

For instance, playing against the bench vs playing against starters, how well your team is doing, how your coach plays you, with whom the coach plays you, your role on the team, whether you get benched quick for playing bad or are allowed to play through mistakes, which option on offense are you, etc.

Comment

• Listen Amir is the best player on this team stat wise. But 5 amirs on this team will not help us win. Amir getting 48 minutes wont help us win. There are so many more factors in basketball, stop narrowing your mind to ONLY stats.

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                                Thats a bold statement with nothing to back you up on it. Valanciunas is easily more skilled in every category, he's the leader in rebounds for rookies. Better FT shooter, Shooter in general, Way better hands, nice hook shot, moves his feet on D, and works his tail off on both ends.
                                Free throws are Drummonds' achilles heel. Apart from that, he has a PER of 22.34. That's higher than Lillard, MKG, and every other rookie except Anthony Davis.

Comment

Working...
                                X