No announcement yet.

Detroit game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else calling the Raps to foul Drummond in the last 2 minutes, when the Raps were up? He was 1/6 at the line and you know Detroit is going to hit a game winner.
    “Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”
    ― John Wooden

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
      When you see Austin Daye and Quincy Acy at the top you know its just stupid.
      Austin Daye has played 10 1/2 minutes this season and Quincy Acy 16 minutes ..,

Comment

• The Coach wrote: View Post
        Anyone else calling the Raps to foul Drummond in the last 2 minutes, when the Raps were up? He was 1/6 at the line and you know Detroit is going to hit a game winner.
        +1. Worst case scenario, he makes 50% of them

Comment

• Wow.

Just watched the game.

Wow.

What else is there to say?

Wow.

Comment

• Actually, there is something to say:

Bargnani played fabulous offense, he looked like he gave a shit, and the first night he truly shows up, no one else does minus JV (effort was there but unfortunately got owned by Drummond on the glass and I am not sure about playing a rookie 7fter when he is noticeably limping, but I'm sure trainers and JV knew best). I don't include Lowry because he continues to make really bad decisions.

Oh yeah, one more thing: Wow.

Comment

• I'm glad Lowry took that shot at the end. When he played hero ball there, I was actually happy. Not with the outcome of course, but he's the only guy in my opinion capable to take a shot like that. We haven't had a guy like that since Vince, and although Lowry struggled a bit, I'd always want the ball in his hands at the end of the game to make a play, even if it was for himself.

We were talking about Lowry being an alpha dog in the off season. This is what alpha dogs do. They want the ball when the game is on the line.

What ticks me off is how easily Knight was able to score for them to take the lead. We were like Moses parting the red seas. How hard would it be to clog the damn paint.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                I'm glad Lowry took that shot at the end. When he played hero ball there, I was actually happy. Not with the outcome of course, but he's the only guy in my opinion capable to take a shot like that. We haven't had a guy like that since Vince, and although Lowry struggled a bit, I'd always want the ball in his hands at the end of the game to make a play, even if it was for himself.

We were talking about Lowry being an alpha dog in the off season. This is what alpha dogs do. They want the ball when the game is on the line.

What ticks me off is how easily Knight was able to score for them to take the lead. We were like Moses parting the red seas. How hard would it be to clog the damn paint.
                I do like Lowry, very much in fact. I also love the fact he has humongous testicles and is not afraid to be 'the guy'.

What I don't like is the decisions in close games and/or the number of attempts to be the man.

Maybe I'm splitting hairs but this is what I'd like to see:

1) Less frequency of hero ball. If he is doing it 8-10 times a game cut it back to under 5. Every time in a close game trying to be the one to make it happen on your own, is not the best way to play. This leads in to #2:

2) Be the man and step up within the team framework. Instead of taking the big shot in the first 10 seconds of the shot clock, work the ball around and hope it comes back with a better opportunity to make something happen, after the defense has rotated a couple of times and they are more tired and less focused. Maybe this is more poor coaching/play calling/lack of faith in teammates (not just in Lowry) to work together for a better shot. Who knows.

Comment

• Lowry is going to take shots like that. We have to live with it, because the alpha mentality is what makes him good at the other aspects of the game. We shouldn't have let it come to a final shot. I agree with Matt though, I'd like to see the Hero shots cut down a bit. I think that we need a good offensive assistant coach, because I don't think Casey can handle it.

I was expecting 37 wins or so this season. If we play .500 the rest of the year we'll get that. In order for that to occur, last night needs to have been a turning point for Bargnani and we need to do something to address the SF spot. At this point I'd like to see Kleiza start, because he can't possibly be worse than our "lockdown defender" Dominic "I can shoot" Mcguire. Really, we need to move Amir or ED as part of a package for help on the wing.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                    Lowry is going to take shots like that. We have to live with it, because the alpha mentality is what makes him good at the other aspects of the game. We shouldn't have let it come to a final shot. I agree with Matt though, I'd like to see the Hero shots cut down a bit. I think that we need a good offensive assistant coach, because I don't think Casey can handle it.

I was expecting 37 wins or so this season. If we play .500 the rest of the year we'll get that. In order for that to occur, last night needs to have been a turning point for Bargnani and we need to do something to address the SF spot. At this point I'd like to see Kleiza start, because he can't possibly be worse than our "lockdown defender" Dominic "I can shoot" Mcguire. Really, we need to move Amir or ED as part of a package for help on the wing.
                    move bargnani as a package for our wing, and this post gets a +1.
                    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• enlightenment wrote: View Post
                      move bargnani as a package for our wing, and this post gets a +1.
                      If I thought moving Bargnani was possible, let alone that it would bring back a wing, then yeah. I just don't see a trading partner at this time.

Comment

• anyone willing for Gallinari + Mozgov for Bargnani?

Denver needs a PF. Also Gallinari is like Bargnani but can rebound better and play the Small forward position.
                        Mozgov would be KEY as our backup centre <20mins a game, but he will be like Rasho was!

Comment

anyone willing for Gallinari + Mozgov for Bargnani?

Denver needs a PF. Also Gallinari is like Bargnani but can rebound better and play the Small forward position.
                          Mozgov would be KEY as our backup centre <20mins a game, but he will be like Rasho was!
                          Thats actually pretty intriguing. I would like it, and it would clear up the bit of logjam Denver has. but they would probably trade Chandler before Galinari

Comment

anyone willing for Gallinari + Mozgov for Bargnani?

Gallinari is like Bargnani in that they are both Italian and can stretch the floor yes. Rebound better then Bargnani by the slightest margin not worth mentioning. Makes Bargnani's poor FG% this season look like Galo's career. Not near as good of a scorer/shot creator for him self as Dre and way less efficient. Completely lost his touch from 3 over the last two tears and defense is a wash between the two. Best part regarding this debate is Galo is on the books until 15-16 in that year where he'll be making 11.5 million........ I'll pass on this deal as there are much better returns then this IMO if moving Bargnani.

Comment

• Only saw the last couple minutes (and I knew what was going to happen) did Ross actually get more minutes?
                              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• RAPresenting wrote: View Post
                                Gallinari is like Bargnani in that they are both Italian and can stretch the floor yes. Rebound better then Bargnani by the slightest margin not worth mentioning. Makes Bargnani's poor FG% this season look like Galo's career. Not near as good of a scorer/shot creator for him self as Dre and way less efficient. Completely lost his touch from 3 over the last two tears and defense is a wash between the two. Best part regarding this debate is Galo is on the books until 15-16 in that year where he'll be making 11.5 million........ I'll pass on this deal as there are much better returns then this IMO if moving Bargnani.
                                Im not sure what you are hoping to get out of Bargs. But If I can fit his skills into a small forward, it would be better for this team. Also the rebounding is much better, because Gallanari is not 7 feet. This will allow us to have an actual paint presence, instead of 4 wings and JV.

Comment

Working...
                                X