Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Frustration Spilling Over The Media Too?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

enlightenment wrote: View Post
    No Im saying he's melodramatic about it. There were much worse decades for many more teams in NBA history, than a division championship, 1 second round, and 4 first round playoff appearances in 12 years. Its not a sparkling record, but historically speaking, he's whining.
    Because there are a handful of worse franchise over specific time periods over the history of the NBA... its not that bad?

If thats the logic, Hitler wasn't that bad because of the Egyptians, Turks and Romans. So why do people keep whining about him?

Comment

Craiger wrote: View Post
      Because there are a handful of worse franchise over specific time periods over the history of the NBA... its not that bad?

If thats the logic, Hitler wasn't that bad because of the Egyptians, Turks and Romans. So why do people keep whining about him?
      Craiger. That was a terrible analogy. I know how easy it is to fall into the "lets compare things to hitler" mentality, but the raptors are not hitler.

And yes, because everything is relative, you describe a bad situation through all possible better situations.
      Its more common to have franchises go through 10 years of crap then you think. And when I say crap, I mean 10x worse than what the raptors have it.

I cant believe youre going to make me list out every franchises bad runs, and how relatively better our past 12 years have been:

Clippers between 1976 - 2005 reached the first round 3 times. thats 29 years.
      Golden State, from 1994- 2012 got to the playoffs once, and got to the second round that sole time. Thats 18 years.
      The Boston Celtics missed playoffs 6 years in a row!
      Chicago Bulls missed playoffs 6 years in a row,
      Bobcats in 8 years have made one first round appearance.
      Indiana from 1976 - 1989 made the first round only twice. Thats 13 years.
      Hawks missed the playoffs 8 years in a row,
      Nets from 1986 - 2001 made the first round four times. thats 15 years.
      Kings from 1984 - 1998 made the first round twice. Thats 14 years.
      Jazz missed the playoffs 9 years in a row.
      Wizards from 1988 - 2004 made the first round once. Thats 16 years.
      Timberwolves missed the playoffs consecutively once for 7 years and another stretch for 8 years.

I really want to go on and continue listing the terrible decades most franchises have been through, but I wont, you can search them up yourself.

The toronto raptors have ever only been out of the playoffs a MAX 4 years. With a division championship, and a 2nd round appearance, we have had it fairly well. Imagine all the millions of fans and all the writers who dealt with all those years for those respective clubs above. Millions of people dealing with many bigger failures than the Raptors franchise, BY FAR.

The writer of the piece mentioned by the OP is a whiny kid, many more reporters have stuck through thick and thin, so that when their teams finally DO become contenders, they can say they've been fans from the start. It is a much sweeter victory that way.

Consider yourself enlightened.
      The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Craiger. That was a terrible analogy. I know how easy it is to fall into the "lets compare things to hitler" mentality, but the raptors are not hitler.

And yes, because everything is relative, you describe a bad situation through all possible better situations.
        Its more common to have franchises go through 10 years of crap then you think. And when I say crap, I mean 10x worse than what the raptors have it.

I cant believe youre going to make me list out every franchises bad runs, and how relatively better our past 12 years have been:

Golden State, from 1994- 2012 got to the playoffs once, and got to the second round that sole time. Thats 18 years.
        Timberwolves missed the playoffs consecutively once for 7 years and another stretch for 8 years.

I really want to go on and continue listing the terrible decades most franchises have been through, but I wont, you can search them up yourself.

The toronto raptors have ever only been out of the playoffs a MAX 4 years. With a division championship, and a 2nd round appearance, we have had it fairly well. Imagine all the millions of fans and all the writers who dealt with all those years for those respective clubs above. Millions of people dealing with many bigger failures than the Raptors franchise, BY FAR.

The writer of the piece mentioned by the OP is a whiny kid, many more reporters have stuck through thick and thin, so that when their teams finally DO become contenders, they can say they've been fans from the start. It is a much sweeter victory that way.

I never claimed the Raptors were Hitler nor did I compare them to Hitler.

My analogy goes directly to this idea of 'relativity'.

But if you are satisfied with justifying your belief by comapring this team to some of the worst in NBA history, I doubt there is much to say that would have much influence anyways.

Comment

you must be blind, or havent done the research ive asked of you.
          Raptors are probably one of the more consistent teams if you compare lengths of consecutive failure.
          The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
            Nothing bad but I believe the Rogers acquisition may have something to do with it. My buddy who works there wouldn't say it for obvious reasons, but I think Rogers may be re-structuring the network.
            It's a shame, the Score is the only sports media channel that actually felt real.

Comment

Thanks for that. Now i don't feel like shit haha. Well our franchise is relatively young so i guess we got a lot of time to build some respect and establish ourselves as one of the premier teams in the league. We got a long ways to go though and right now it's looking pretty rough

Comment

It's about time the media starting thinking for themselves. Too many of them are in the pockets of MLSE and honestly for what? It's not like they get juicy news as Colengelo uses US media (Woj) to break Raptors news.

Also, Ryan Wolstat is one of the best guys to follow on twitter.

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
                  After reading some forum posts of late, there's no denying that frustration is spreading throughout the fan base. Perhaps the NHL lockout or news of the Jays upgrading has the core die-hard Raptor fan more worked up as the losses continue to pile up. Upon reading Raptorblog's Scott Carefoot's final post as he bid farewell to his long-time followers, I was surprised to read his super frank feelings about the team he covered for the past 10 years (given his role as a supposedly objective member of the media). Please read his final post here.

I'm not sure how you feel about Scott Carefoot as a journalist, or him as a member of the media. His imprint at the Score's Raptorblog for the past 10 years however was undeniable and has been a fixture amongst basketball fans in this country. Do you concur with his assessment, or is he another one that needs to "take a breath"?
                  he made sure to keep his mouth shut until he left. The rest of the pussies will do the same.

Comment

I feel like I need to ignore the Raptors and just not pay attention for a while too. It's just infuriating and frustrating and depressing to watch us lose game after game after game when we have these brief flashes of potential. I need to step away for a while, but I know I won't.

Comment

Yogi wrote: View Post
                      I feel like I need to ignore the Raptors and just not pay attention for a while too. It's just infuriating and frustrating and depressing to watch us lose game after game after game when we have these brief flashes of potential. I need to step away for a while, but I know I won't.
                      I hear ya

Comment

Working...
                      X