Dwane Casey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dwane Casey

In my opinion the Raps lose this game because their coach got outcoached in the 4th ONCE AGAIN. The guy has no idea what he's doing. The defence/offence substitution late in the game was huge because the Raps ended up w/ no timeout in their final possession. And it's not like his "defensive unit" did anything. They couldn't stop any Pistons in the 4th quarter!!

Another one, Bargnani is on fire all night so why didn't they set up a play for him in the post or set up a play to get him open in one of the Raps final 2 possession? instead they let Lowry go one on one and was forced to take a TOUGH fadeaway shot. Speaking of Lowry, the guy just takes way too many bad shots late in teh game. Score was 82-77 Raps, the guy just jacked up a tough 3 with about 6-7 secs in the shot clock. It was like Charlotte all over again.

Looking at the Raps sked: SA game is an automatic loss. They're not beating the Rockets in Houston on tuesday. They're going to get destroyed in Memphis. Phoenix is a winnable game but in my opinion they're a better team than Detroit and Charlotte so who knows? after that off to the west to face Denver, Sacramento, Utah, LAC and Portland. LOL. The way the Raps are playing right now they could really go on a long losing streak. Like 0-9 the next nine games.

Someone's going to get fired.
    Mamba Mentality

Just overhaul the entire team. We're going no where fast. This team is playing Jay Triano Defense

Comment

The way i see it, Amir guarded prince really well, and dominique mcguire didnt leave anything to the point guard.

Prince could either miss, and Casey be praised as a genius,

or hit it like the cool calm veteran he is, and Casey would be shot down.

Either way, Casey didn't trust Lowrys ankle on defense, and shouldn't have trusted it on offense either.
      The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
        The way i see it, Amir guarded prince really well, and dominique mcguire didnt leave anything to the point guard.

Prince could either miss, and Casey be praised as a genius,

or hit it like the cool calm veteran he is, and Casey would be shot down.

Either way, Casey didn't trust Lowrys ankle on defense, and shouldn't have trusted it on offense either.
        I've been highly critical of Casey this year and rightfully so IMO but tonight isn't on him it's on Lowry.

Lowry with two questionable shots late and now giving it to the hot hand. On top of that the whole hobbling to the bench and then going in to take two shots in a row was enough to make me puke. He has made extremely poor discussions the last two games and it came across as immature and selfish to me. Still love his potential impact on our team and think he can be highly impactful for us in a positive way but he's gotta be a floor general and have a team first mentailty and that making the right plays especially late in games.

By the way enlightenment the bolded part of your post is bang on.

Demar had his worst game of the season and I'm looking forward to the Spurs game to see him bounce back which I fully expect him to do.

Comment

love casy but if lebron wasn't told by stern to throw the 2011 nba finals he wouldn't be here. maybe there's a reason the timberwolves let him ago
          "the raptors were my fav team growing up"-kevin durant

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
            Another one, Bargnani is on fire all night so why didn't they set up a play for him in the post or set up a play to get him open in one of the Raps final 2 possession? instead they let Lowry go one on one and was forced to take a TOUGH fadeaway shot. Speaking of Lowry, the guy just takes way too many bad shots late in teh game. Score was 82-77 Raps, the guy just jacked up a tough 3 with about 6-7 secs in the shot clock. It was like Charlotte all over again.
            What would peoples reaction be if Bargnani had taken the final shot and missed? Probably that Lowry should have taken the shot 'cause....... My point is, lets not go by results folks. Yes it would have been nice to see our team win but it's important to keep our sight on the big picture. We are in the middle of a rebuilding process, a process that can test peoples patience.

As far as this season is concerned, things will turn around. Maybe not so much that we make the play-offs but there will be positive signs. Somebody may get fired or traded but I'm confident things will look better.
            Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

I dont necessarily trust bargnani with last shots. Stop nit picking every decision that falls on the wrong side of a 50/50. Bargs has had awesome shooting nights, but I cannot remember a single clutch bucket.

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
                I dont necessarily trust bargnani with last shots. Stop nit picking every decision that falls on the wrong side of a 50/50. Bargs has had awesome shooting nights, but I cannot remember a single clutch bucket.
                did you watch the game? he single handedly kept them in the game in the first. He made huge buckets in the 4th. I would say that is pretty clutch wouldn't you? If you are referring to game winners that is different, but he makes clutch shots all the time.

Comment

CT2010, "all the time." Really?
                  Yes he is good for 36% at his worst. But when the game is on the line, Bargnani cracks, and its not without being fed the ball! Going back to Triano days, and Bargnani has been responsible for the lack of any late game winners.

I remember at least 5 Anthony parker clutch game winners, or shots that lock the game for us,
                  I can only think of one Bargnani three pointer against a boston team to tie it up (lost in OT)

With the amount of disproportional usage, Id say Bargnani is unreliable, and when a basket is necessary at the end of the game, he must be avoided!

Comment

We should bring back Mo Pete and AP just to hit clutch shots. When we're within 1 with a couple of seconds left just throw them in and bam. Game Winner

Comment

Ooooor.... we could develop Demar to become that person!

Kevin Durant was given that treatment during his development and now killer shots are second nature to him.

Comment

where is casey's defense?

The guy is a poor strategist, where is Triano when you need him?
                        and where is casey's tough defense?

Of the 10 losses 2 at least are on Casey.
                        but I guesss you can't fire the guy. you have to wait until the end of the season.

But I mean if you dont win 30 games with this team, Would you keep Casey really?? how???
                        on what excuse? there is not enough talent to win 30 games....and so far they are on pace to win less than 30.
                        So Casey's shoudl as of right now be in danger of losing his job.
                        That's how I see it.

Comment

idk what happened to the D really. It just vanished, we were one of the best paint defending teams. Now we suck ass

Comment

It's possible that Casey gets fired or maybe even Colangelo. I don't see them(Raps) not continuing to build an eventual winner.

As far as the winning shot is concerned, I think Jonas can develop into the guy who takes the winning shot.
                            Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

feed the post down the stretch! It would be a much higher percentage!

Comment

Working...
                              X