Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Valanciunas really is the only reason to watch this team these days..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valanciunas really is the only reason to watch this team these days..

I mean, this team is tough to watch. If not for this guy would people still watch the Raps play or stay optimistic about the team's future?

I think JV has all-star potential but Raps and the new GM(i think Colangelo is done) really needs to surround this guy with some talent along with some veteran players.

This team right now is just so poorly assembled. Way too many one dimensional players, too many players that plays the same position, chuckers, i could go on and on.
    Mamba Mentality

And no matter how good we expect JV to be, Lowry and Bargnani will be over 30 by the time he hits that, and there's really nobody else on the way...sigh...
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Lowry being 32
      is when JV will be 26.

A veteran Lowry + JV in his prime is mouth watering.
      The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

but thats like 6 years from now... so Ill keep that in my dreams for now

Comment

Trade for Rubio and for the next decade you could have a dynamic front and backcourt. Kyle, Andre, and DeMar should all be traded for top ten picks. Build a sustainable team in the next 3-5 years. GM needs to go too.

Comment

profile, the 'blow-the-entire-team up' mentality does not work.

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
              profile, the 'blow-the-entire-team up' mentality does not work.
              I dont disagree with you, but shedding some contracts like kleiza, amir, jose can give us some flexibility while keeping the "core" in tact. I truly believe Davis needs more PT, he has shown me he's worth the investment.

Comment

Yeah I agree, changes are necessary to fit the needs of this team and to adapt to new circumstances (like disappointments, injuries, etc). What Profile suggested above was to deal the entire team, so we can trot out a pure-rookie starting lineup.

Comment

If this season ends badly, then yeah I say blow it up. Tag JV as the only untradeable asset and then tank next season too for Wiggins. Realistically, if you aren't the Lakers, you won't become a contender without drafting your superstar. No sense fucking around in mediocrity forever.

Comment

huh? so lets play draft picks until we get a kobe/lebron?

if there is anything that will remove me as a fan from the raptors, it would be a strategy as such. It would take years of not mediocrity, but of complete and utter trash.

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
                      huh? so lets play draft picks until we get a kobe/lebron?

if there is anything that will remove me as a fan from the raptors, it would be a strategy as such. It would take years of not mediocrity, but of complete and utter trash.
                      Yep, pretty much. I don't want to see it either. But I also don't want to watch this team build up everyone's hopes every year only to disappoint because, quite frankly, there's not enough talent on it.

Comment

yeah but all the talent in a team isnt likely to be built over night (minus Boston and Miami). We have many offseasons of potential trades and free agents. Right now though, we need to focus on developing the talent that we DO have. (Ed, Ross, Val, Demar, Lowry)

Comment

Flying V rules. He was quietly effective on one leg last night until Drummond started dominating the boards. If he hasn't been injured? Different game I think.

Where he's at now compared to the beginning of the season is almost night and day. He still picks up the stupid foul here and there and has brain farts on D, but he's easily the best big we have. He's been way better out the gate then I expected, who knew he'd be better at the pro game than euroball?
                          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
                          X