Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Get ready for your.....4 - 21 Raptors!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hes got a point. im more confident in the team trailing going into the 4th than if theyre up

Comment

Im actually hoping the Raps lose more games so that the urgency to do something remains in the forefront, if they start winning games here and there, then the desire to make changes goes to the backburner, which will hurt the team in the long run.

Priorities - trade Bargnani, trade Calderon, get a defensive assistant coach. If unable, fire BC.

Comment

More than halfway there. All going according to plan. The sky does however seem to be falling in certain media circles. Hang in there

Comment

http://www.hoopsworld.com/raptors-se...s-on-the-road/

The Toronto Raptors faced a tough schedule to start the season and suffered through some heartbreaking losses in games they believe should have won. However, until last night in Utah, the Raptors were trying to execute head coach Dwane Casey’s game plan and the locker room seemed solid in the face of adversity.

For the first time the Raptors as a group were totally out-of-sync and confused about their assignments. They stopped trying at various points during the game and blamed each other for the disaster unfolding on the court. The team meeting after the brutal 131-99 loss to the Jazz speaks volumes about the challenges the Raptors are facing.

“We gave in,” Casey told the media after the game. “I thought we splintered apart, didn’t stay together. … Tonight is the first time I have seen us give in to whatever it was. That is what we talked about in the team meeting.”
          The Raptors have new corporate ownership this season involving Canada’s biggest sports media outlets and during an NHL lockout that has sidelined the group’s storied Toronto Maple Leafs franchise, the Raptors had the stage to themselves. This is not the way the team envisioned impressing their new bosses.

“You get down by that many points and it was a pickup rec game more than anything else at the end, but that is not who we are, who we represent,” Casey said. “With our organization we have one of the best ownership groups in the NBA and we are going to represent them the right way and that is not how you represent them.”

That type of performance after an unacceptable start to the season almost certainly suggests changes are coming to the Toronto franchise. However, the only change Casey can offer is one he was suggesting before the season started. It’s time to stop playing virtually every player on the roster in every game and find a rotation that can win a few more games.
          “We are going to get it fixed, whatever it takes,” Casey said. “Whatever seven or eight guys we have to find to get it done, will get it done.”
          And from Casey's own mouth from earlier in the link:

“Again, talk is cheap.

Yes, yes it is. You'll have to excuse me if I don't buy "...whatever it takes..." and "....whatever 7 or 8 guys we have to find to get it done...."

Comment

BCsMaBoi wrote: View Post
            We have lost five very close games this year including a triple overtime loss and back-to-back one point losses this week.

Give us those three games and we're 6-7 and in the hunt for a playoff spot!

Then we might be better positioned to withstand this stretch of games.
            Could have doesn't count. You are what you are period.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post

Yes, yes it is. You'll have to excuse me if I don't buy "...whatever it takes..." and "....whatever 7 or 8 guys we have to find to get it done...."
              And then all of them will be pulled with 5 minutes left and we will see if Bargs has found his shooting while our 5 point lead turns into a 13 point deficit.

Comment

They have proven me wrong.

Comment

Yay!
                  The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Classic overachievers! Sarcasm aside, I enjoyed the game last night.

Comment

Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
                      If they figure out how to close games, I wouldn't worry about it. They tend to compete no matter who the opponent is
                      Competing and winning are two different things...

Comment

psrs1 wrote: View Post
                        Competing and winning are two different things...
                        Which is why closing out games is so important

Comment

and wronger!

Comment

Working...
                          X