Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Jonas - A Franchise Player?

Raptors Republic Superstar Mack North's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote hotfuzz wrote: View Post
    Well, I meant chandler but with more offense. He has the ability to hit that jump shot.
    He's gonna be much better than TC IMO, I bet everyone would have guessed he had averaged more than 1.4 blocks in his career. I did anyways. JV can be a 2+ guy eventually.

Raptors Republic All-Star Mediumcore's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Not sure if I think JV could be a franchise player but I think he could be really, really good and an All Star level player. Right now, he reminds me of Kenneth Faried because his motor is just non-stop and he runs the floor so hard. There were a couple of times it looked like the big trying to guard him just mentally quit because they were so tired. Once JV adds some strength that could be a regular occurence.

Still, I have no problem admitting I didn't think JV would be this NBA ready in his first season and he proved me wrong, so no reason to doubt that he couldn't one day become a franchise player.

Makes me sad to think what could have been if we could have had both JV and Bosh on the team.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Tyson Chandler scored 28pts ( a new career high), JV's career high is 22 (so far, 14games in) JV will score 28 or more this season, book it

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

he will be like melo. all star but not quite super star

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I think franchise Centerpiece along side DeRo
    "You never heard of DeMar just google him, the defense don't know what to do wit him"

Raptors Republic Starter minks77's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

DD isn't a franchise centre piece. Maybe a second or third option on a good team but he's just not good enough to be an elite player.

JV needs to get stronger so he can hold his ground. When that happens he'll be the anchor for some very promising teams. You cannot play him with Bargs though. JV is too often the only raptor in a swarm of opposing bigs who are all stronger and more experienced. If he had ANYONE other than the pg helping to box out and rebound he'd be way more effective. As always the Raps will likely waste a talented young big ruining his knees and confidence by always leaving him on the short end of the mismatches with zero help. This is Bosh all over again, a talented player being asked to do far more than he's physically capable of at a point where his experience can't help him either.

Get a vet PF (a high end worker, not just a lithe athlete) to help him and his career prospects greatly increase IMO.
    LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

We need a VET Big man who can show Val what real defense and positioning look like.

Worst thing ever: Val begins taking note of Andrea to get better.
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information