Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Dwane Casey still the right coach for the Toronto Raptors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Casey is the right coach. He needs the right make up of players.

I'm not an ED fan but there is no question he should have been given some burn today. Talk about guys earning minutes or riding the 'effective' hand.

Comment

BasketballCrush wrote: View Post
      I see Casey getting the point after criticism. He started playing Val more, once he sees something working he usually adapts. I think he will grow just as this team grows.

Changing coaches frequently causes more harm than good... Casey is not a hard head, he will get it right, eventually.
      Casey is the General but his troops aren't marching. Bargs has got to go. Lowry and Fields have got to go. BC has got to go. Casey needs to stay.

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
        I agree. He's a PERFECT backup PG, even on a really good team, but it's like Casey fell in love with him after his hot streak with Lowry out and now he wants a rotating PG set to finish the game. Hopefully that changes when Fields gets back, weird as that sounds I think I'd rather have him in there to keep the offense "normal"
        spurs had a small backcourt, they didn't use calderon,lowry against the pistons..(I don't think they did)

Comment

You can't keep the coaching carousel going and expect results. Casey proved what he can do last year. BC on the other hand has been around a good long time and I can't see him getting a substantial reup if this continues. He has a defensive coach and some intriguing young pieces anchored by an offence only 7 footer and zero elite talent. Sooner or later he's gonna have to play some of these cards and I expect him to take a swing before the AS break. It's not in his nature to go down without a fight. This team is just not that good; it's a mediocre team made up of mediocre players and that has to change.

If not, new GM next year will blow it up. For better or worse. Yes, it can get worse.
          LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post

I'm not an ED fan but there is no question he should have been given some burn today. Talk about guys earning minutes or riding the 'effective' hand.
            This is a big part of the problem, other than poor subs late in the game.

Casey talked tough last year, and this summer. Players who don't perform will be benched, period, for players who do what's asked of them.

Why won't Casey sit Bargs? Why does Bargs, or Lowry, have the ball in their hands when the game is on the line, after both repeatedly botching it in previous games. Bargs, especially, is about as non-clutch as has ever been.

I could go on, but my question is, is BC looking over his shoulder? Is Brian quietly influencing Dwayne?

Personally, I smell that cheap BC cologne over this stinking mess of a regular season. Toronto should tie him and Bargs to a mule and kick their butts out of our city.

Comment

Pele wrote: View Post
              This is a big part of the problem, other than poor subs late in the game.

Casey talked tough last year, and this summer. Players who don't perform will be benched, period, for players who do what's asked of them.

Why won't Casey sit Bargs? Why does Bargs, or Lowry, have the ball in their hands when the game is on the line, after both repeatedly botching it in previous games. Bargs, especially, is about as non-clutch as has ever been.

I could go on, but my question is, is BC looking over his shoulder? Is Brian quietly influencing Dwayne?

Personally, I smell that cheap BC cologne over this stinking mess of a regular season. Toronto should tie him and Bargs to a mule and kick their butts out of our city.
              You know, I have to agree. Not on the mule, kicking, or cologne but the main idea.

Casey came in last year and did it his way. After the season, BC said, "Great. Now lets try some of my ideas and implement some of my philosophies with what you are doing." Unfortunately, you can't blend both styles and expect good results. BC should take a step back and let Casey do what he did last year.... oh yeah, and #tradeBargnani while #freeRaptorfans

Comment

A lot of Casey comments reek of being told to do something by higher ups. I refuse to believe a guy like Casey seriously wants to keep starting a guy like Bargs who rarely plays like he gives a shit.
                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                  A lot of Casey comments reek of being told to do something by higher ups. I refuse to believe a guy like Casey seriously wants to keep starting a guy like Bargs who rarely plays like he gives a shit.
                  +1
                  It doesn't seem like Casey
                  The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

If we fire BC, it equals Bargs getting his a** kicked back to hell. FIRE BC!!!!

But who'd replace BC, who are the top 5 candidates for the job. 'Cause BC is on the hotseat and I wanna know.

Comment

#Matt52forGM

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
                        #Matt52forGM
                        Well, duh, actually I bet they'll ask him. (that's not happening, unfortunately)
                        But in all seriousness, yup, he sure fits everything we need in a GM. (not being sarcastic here)

Comment

Mindlessness wrote: View Post
                          If we fire BC, it equals Bargs getting his a** kicked back to hell. FIRE BC!!!!

But who'd replace BC, who are the top 5 candidates for the job. 'Cause BC is on the hotseat and I wanna know.
                          My money would be on Stefanski who was probably hired to replace Bryan so that he can concentrate on just being the team's president. If Bryan continues to remain as president then I have no hope for this franchise.

Comment

No doubt Ed should have finished this game!!.. he was a beast.. he had 15pts 14rbs comming off the bench & before the fourth quarter even started... yet he left El Crapo in instead the rest of the game..

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
                              #Matt52forGM
                              Wouldn't that be a dream job.

But unfortunately being an opinionated poster at RR doesn't quite give me the credentials needed.

*EDIT* Actually thinking a little more about this there is a great analogy to the stock market here. People who follow the stock market or participate in 'fantasy' trading accounts often say, "Yeah, I called that." or "Yeah, I saw that coming." or "Yeah, I knew that would happen." Problem is they didn't make a bloody cent off it. As soon as they put some real coin on their opinions, suddenly things change. Suddenly they don't have all the answers and suddenly emotion comes in to the equation which really creates havoc in the mind, body, and soul. Same thing as being a GM. We all have the answers because none of us have the authority. As soon as you get the authority, the game changes. Then you also have to deal with other teams who aren't as open to your opinions as other fans of the team are.

I think without a doubt the 2 hardest professions in the world: money manager/trader and professional sport GM.
                              Last edited by mcHAPPY; Sun Nov 25, 2012, 09:11 PM.

Comment

Wouldn't that be a dream job.

But unfortunately being an opinionated poster at RR doesn't quite give me the credentials needed.

*EDIT* Actually thinking a little more about this there is a great analogy to the stock market here. People who follow the stock market or participate in 'fantasy' trading accounts often say, "Yeah, I called that." or "Yeah, I saw that coming." or "Yeah, I knew that would happen." Problem is they didn't make a bloody cent off it. As soon as they put some real coin on their opinions, suddenly things change. Suddenly they don't have all the answers and suddenly emotion comes in to the equation which really creates havoc in the mind, body, and soul. Same thing as being a GM. We all have the answers because none of us have the authority. As soon as you get the authority, the game changes. Then you also have to deal with other teams who aren't as open to your opinions as other fans of the team are.

I think without a doubt the 2 hardest professions in the world: money manager/trader and professional sport GM.
                                Thats a very true thing to say. It sort of makes me want to take it easier on BC.

Comment

Working...
                                X