Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 62

Thread: bargnani shot 10.5 % from the field

  1. #21
    Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,750
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Remember the 13 games last year? That was some funny sh!t, eh?
    Ya. I cannot believe i fell for that shit. I'm officially done with Bargnani, we cannot win with this dude. Let LA have a crack at him
    "You never heard of DeMar just google him, the defense don't know what to do wit him"

  2. #22
    Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Jurassic Park
    Posts
    2,959
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    John Hollinger just tweeted this: "Just finished Tor-SA. Why won't coaches ever sub in OT? How many OTs would it have taken for Raps to finally yank Bargnani?"

    Can't say i disagree w/ him. Casey's coaching right now is comical. Like he has no idea what he's doing. And him calling Bargnani "our guy" after the game was comedy.
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

  3. #23
    Super Moderator Joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    7,551
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Bargnani did grab more rebounds than Jonas ... just saying. Silver lining, right?

    But ya, Bargs was brutal tonight. Unfortunately, most were good shots that just didn't go in. Tough day at the office.
    In Masai we Trust.

  4. #24
    Super Moderator ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC.
    Posts
    4,052
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    Bargnani did grab more rebounds than Jonas ... just saying. Silver lining, right?

    But ya, Bargs was brutal tonight. Unfortunately, most were good shots that just didn't go in. Tough day at the office.
    Yeah, totally agree. Good looks, but the man also forced a couple unnecessary shots. Coach Casey was very, VERY questionable subbing in Bargnani for Davis, but Bargnani (also mentioned by Coach Casey), did do a solid job of helping JV out when defending their bigs - mostly Duncan.

    Still though. #TradeBargnani

  5. #25
    Raptors Republic All-Star Employee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    NORTHCOAST
    Posts
    1,146
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I ain't defending him, but Bargs had the highest +/- of all the starters tonight. Weird eh?
    Eh follow my TWITTER!

  6. #26
    Raptors Republic Superstar Mack North's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Smoke City
    Posts
    2,921
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Employee wrote: View Post
    I ain't defending him, but Bargs had the highest +/- of all the starters tonight. Weird eh?
    Sadly, he didn't contribute to that +

  7. #27
    Raptors Republic Rookie alexaussie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    57
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Look the way I see it, Bargs' shot just wasn't falling tonight. He had 8 boards (more than Jonas) and his D wasn't terrible.
    He just had one of those games. He had good looks, his shots just weren't falling. Even the best have had nights like this, although not quite to this extent.

    All that said, #TradeBargnani.
    Biggest Raptors fan from the Land Down Under

    @alexhaggispinch

    Toronto Raptors
    Sydney Swans, Melbourne Storm
    Dallas Cowboys, Dallas Stars, LA Angels of Anaheim

  8. #28
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    402
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Regarding Casey's defense of Bargnani's playing time and whatnot:

    If he's your guy, time to get a new one.

  9. #29
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    402
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote alexaussie wrote: View Post
    He just had one of those games. He had good looks, his shots just weren't falling. Even the best have had nights like this, although not quite to this extent.
    With all due respect to commenters like this...isn't everyone here tired of making excuses for this guy?

  10. #30
    Raptors Republic Rookie alexaussie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    57
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Brandon wrote: View Post
    With all due respect to commenters like this...isn't everyone here tired of making excuses for this guy?
    Yes. Very much so.
    Biggest Raptors fan from the Land Down Under

    @alexhaggispinch

    Toronto Raptors
    Sydney Swans, Melbourne Storm
    Dallas Cowboys, Dallas Stars, LA Angels of Anaheim

  11. #31
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    726
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote enlightenment wrote: View Post
    I dont remember which thread youre talking about,
    but I put the 'u' in 'should've' before the 'o', and thats about it.

    Ive been asking for Bargnani to be benched for the longest time, I think Ed and Val should start and Ive been saying that since like game 6.
    OK, then I'll leave well enough alone! lol but yeah, you are correct on the Should've part.

  12. #32
    Raptors Republic All-Star RandomGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Lietuva
    Posts
    1,364
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    The sad fact is that Raptors are not a team. I mean look. We have had 2 selfish black holes last season in Bargnani and Demar. This season we added Kyle Lowry, who could be reasonably included into this list. Although he's PG and he must feed others with ball, especially JV in the paint, that's what saves him from being completely ball hog. But at this moment there's no team game in this so called team. Everyone play for themselves, for statistics, individually. I know it's NBA, the game is different and there are leaders and contributors to leaders in this game. But I mean, come on, shooting 20, 30 shots per night and seeing that they just don't fall, what can you do? Share the frickin ball, yes it's risky, may result in turnover and shooting by yourself may end up better choice. But apparently it's not, 14 games has shown that!

    Take Spurs as an example, how many balls they lost in 3rd, 4rd quarters, just because they made risky passes, at least they are trying to distribute the ball, and deserve SA Spurs "team" title.

    We can justify players if they are successful after playing a successful K.Bryant-like game, but how consistently that happens? How consistently we win? Who is consistent on this team when we look at our leaders? No one, and as long this trend continues we are going to be consistent at loosing. We don't have stars, so do not force players to act like ones, we are mediocre and the only way making mediocre players play better is to create a team (which shares the ball), where everyone plays effectively.

    Why Brickani thread? How often do you see him pass? This dude is not even on hit n' run mode. He's on hit, miss n' stand.
    Last edited by RandomGuy; Mon Nov 26th, 2012 at 03:21 AM.
    #FREE

  13. #33
    Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3,061
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote RandomGuy wrote: View Post
    The sad fact is that Raptors are not a team. I mean look. We have had 2 selfish black holes last season in Bargnani and Demar. This season we added Kyle Lowry, who could be reasonably included into this list. Although he's PG and he must feed others with ball, especially JV in the paint, that's what saves him from being completely ball hog. But at this moment there's no team game in this so called team. Everyone play for themselves, for statistics, individually. I know it's NBA, the game is different and there are leaders and contributors to leaders in this game. But I mean, come on, shooting 20, 30 shots per night and seeing that they just don't fall, what can you do? Share the frickin ball, yes it's risky, may result in turnover and shooting by yourself may end up better choice. But apparently it's not, 14 games has shown that!

    Take Spurs as an example, how many balls they lost in 3rd, 4rd quarters, just because they made risky passes, at least they are trying to distribute the ball, and deserve SA Spurs "team" title.

    We can justify players if they are successful after playing a successful K.Bryant-like game, but how consistently that happens? How consistently we win? Who is consistent on this team when we look at our leaders? No one, and as long this trend continues we are going to be consistent at loosing. We don't have stars, so do not force players to act like ones, we are mediocre and the only way making mediocre players play better is to create a team (which shares the ball), where everyone plays effectively.

    Why Brickani thread? How often do you see him pass? This dude is not even on hit n' run mode. He's on hit, miss n' stand.
    First off Demar is assisting more than ever before! Watch for him to improve his kick outs, and learn how to create for his team (especially as they double him)

    Secondly:



    EDIT: Obviously Bosh misses the open give-me. Who remembers the same miss vs GSW as sonny intercepted the inbounds pass? oh... good times.
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

  14. #34
    Raptors Republic Starter charlz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    The Lido Deck
    Posts
    640
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote akashsingh wrote: View Post
    this is a veteran not a rookie, what absolute garbage. He should've worked harder to catch the ball in rhythm, and should've either gone dribble pull up (might result in a long 2) or penetrate and finish; that is his game.
    2-19 #tradeBargsNOWMUTHERFUCKERS
    "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

  15. #35
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    19,260
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote charlz wrote: View Post
    2-19 #tradeBargsNOWMUTHERFUCKERS
    lol - that would be hilarious trending.
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

    Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

  16. #36
    Raptors Republic All-Star ebrian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Markham
    Posts
    1,535
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    What bothers me the most about Bargnani's game isn't so much that he missed 17 of 19 shots.. it's that when he was having a horrible shooting night (which happens) and he didn't try to manufacture some extra points.

    He got to the free throw line ONCE.
    your pal,
    ebrian

  17. #37
    Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    5,957
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote ebrian wrote: View Post
    What bothers me the most about Bargnani's game isn't so much that he missed 17 of 19 shots.. it's that when he was having a horrible shooting night (which happens) and he didn't try to manufacture some extra points.

    He got to the free throw line ONCE.
    I don't recall a single post-up attempt either....
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

  18. #38
    Raptors Republic All-Star RandomGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Lietuva
    Posts
    1,364
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote enlightenment wrote: View Post
    First off Demar is assisting more than ever before! Watch for him to improve his kick outs, and learn how to create for his team (especially as they double him)

    Secondly:



    EDIT: Obviously Bosh misses the open give-me. Who remembers the same miss vs GSW as sonny intercepted the inbounds pass? oh... good times.
    When was it? The pass. You know what I mean.
    #FREE

  19. #39
    Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3,061
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote RandomGuy wrote: View Post
    When was it? The pass. You know what I mean.
    I think it was his rookie season! 2006-2007!

    I can tell by the announcers still thinking about Bargnani making other players better. Jeez, look at him run, makes me wish he could be his rookie self again.
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

  20. #40
    Raptors Republic All-Star ebrian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Markham
    Posts
    1,535
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    I don't recall a single post-up attempt either....
    How can a 7-footer go through an entire game (let alone a double overtime game) without a single postup? How is that possible?
    your pal,
    ebrian

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •