Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: bargnani shot 10.5 % from the field

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Remember the 13 games last year? That was some funny sh!t, eh?
    Ya. I cannot believe i fell for that shit. I'm officially done with Bargnani, we cannot win with this dude. Let LA have a crack at him
    "You never heard of DeMar just google him, the defense don't know what to do wit him"

Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

John Hollinger just tweeted this: "Just finished Tor-SA. Why won't coaches ever sub in OT? How many OTs would it have taken for Raps to finally yank Bargnani?"

Can't say i disagree w/ him. Casey's coaching right now is comical. Like he has no idea what he's doing. And him calling Bargnani "our guy" after the game was comedy.
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

Post Thanks / Like

Bargnani did grab more rebounds than Jonas ... just saying. Silver lining, right?

But ya, Bargs was brutal tonight. Unfortunately, most were good shots that just didn't go in. Tough day at the office.
    In Masai we Trust.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    Bargnani did grab more rebounds than Jonas ... just saying. Silver lining, right?

But ya, Bargs was brutal tonight. Unfortunately, most were good shots that just didn't go in. Tough day at the office.
    Yeah, totally agree. Good looks, but the man also forced a couple unnecessary shots. Coach Casey was very, VERY questionable subbing in Bargnani for Davis, but Bargnani (also mentioned by Coach Casey), did do a solid job of helping JV out when defending their bigs - mostly Duncan.

Still though. #TradeBargnani

Raptors Republic All-Star Employee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I ain't defending him, but Bargs had the highest +/- of all the starters tonight. Weird eh?
    Eh follow my TWITTER!

Raptors Republic Superstar Mack North's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Employee wrote: View Post
    I ain't defending him, but Bargs had the highest +/- of all the starters tonight. Weird eh?
    Sadly, he didn't contribute to that +

Raptors Republic Rookie alexaussie's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Look the way I see it, Bargs' shot just wasn't falling tonight. He had 8 boards (more than Jonas) and his D wasn't terrible.
    He just had one of those games. He had good looks, his shots just weren't falling. Even the best have had nights like this, although not quite to this extent.

All that said, #TradeBargnani.
    Biggest Raptors fan from the Land Down Under

@alexhaggispinch

Toronto Raptors
    Sydney Swans, Melbourne Storm
    Dallas Cowboys, Dallas Stars, LA Angels of Anaheim

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Regarding Casey's defense of Bargnani's playing time and whatnot:

If he's your guy, time to get a new one.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote alexaussie wrote: View Post
    He just had one of those games. He had good looks, his shots just weren't falling. Even the best have had nights like this, although not quite to this extent.
    With all due respect to commenters like this...isn't everyone here tired of making excuses for this guy?

Raptors Republic Rookie alexaussie's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Brandon wrote: View Post
    With all due respect to commenters like this...isn't everyone here tired of making excuses for this guy?
    Yes. Very much so.
    Biggest Raptors fan from the Land Down Under

@alexhaggispinch

Toronto Raptors
    Sydney Swans, Melbourne Storm
    Dallas Cowboys, Dallas Stars, LA Angels of Anaheim

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote enlightenment wrote: View Post
    I dont remember which thread youre talking about,
    but I put the 'u' in 'should've' before the 'o', and thats about it.

Ive been asking for Bargnani to be benched for the longest time, I think Ed and Val should start and Ive been saying that since like game 6.
    OK, then I'll leave well enough alone! lol but yeah, you are correct on the Should've part.

Raptors Republic All-Star RandomGuy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The sad fact is that Raptors are not a team. I mean look. We have had 2 selfish black holes last season in Bargnani and Demar. This season we added Kyle Lowry, who could be reasonably included into this list. Although he's PG and he must feed others with ball, especially JV in the paint, that's what saves him from being completely ball hog. But at this moment there's no team game in this so called team. Everyone play for themselves, for statistics, individually. I know it's NBA, the game is different and there are leaders and contributors to leaders in this game. But I mean, come on, shooting 20, 30 shots per night and seeing that they just don't fall, what can you do? Share the frickin ball, yes it's risky, may result in turnover and shooting by yourself may end up better choice. But apparently it's not, 14 games has shown that!

Take Spurs as an example, how many balls they lost in 3rd, 4rd quarters, just because they made risky passes, at least they are trying to distribute the ball, and deserve SA Spurs "team" title.

We can justify players if they are successful after playing a successful K.Bryant-like game, but how consistently that happens? How consistently we win? Who is consistent on this team when we look at our leaders? No one, and as long this trend continues we are going to be consistent at loosing. We don't have stars, so do not force players to act like ones, we are mediocre and the only way making mediocre players play better is to create a team (which shares the ball), where everyone plays effectively.

Why Brickani thread? How often do you see him pass? This dude is not even on hit n' run mode. He's on hit, miss n' stand.
    Last edited by RandomGuy; Mon Nov 26th, 2012 at 03:21 AM.
    #FREE

Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote RandomGuy wrote: View Post
    The sad fact is that Raptors are not a team. I mean look. We have had 2 selfish black holes last season in Bargnani and Demar. This season we added Kyle Lowry, who could be reasonably included into this list. Although he's PG and he must feed others with ball, especially JV in the paint, that's what saves him from being completely ball hog. But at this moment there's no team game in this so called team. Everyone play for themselves, for statistics, individually. I know it's NBA, the game is different and there are leaders and contributors to leaders in this game. But I mean, come on, shooting 20, 30 shots per night and seeing that they just don't fall, what can you do? Share the frickin ball, yes it's risky, may result in turnover and shooting by yourself may end up better choice. But apparently it's not, 14 games has shown that!

Take Spurs as an example, how many balls they lost in 3rd, 4rd quarters, just because they made risky passes, at least they are trying to distribute the ball, and deserve SA Spurs "team" title.

We can justify players if they are successful after playing a successful K.Bryant-like game, but how consistently that happens? How consistently we win? Who is consistent on this team when we look at our leaders? No one, and as long this trend continues we are going to be consistent at loosing. We don't have stars, so do not force players to act like ones, we are mediocre and the only way making mediocre players play better is to create a team (which shares the ball), where everyone plays effectively.

Why Brickani thread? How often do you see him pass? This dude is not even on hit n' run mode. He's on hit, miss n' stand.
    First off Demar is assisting more than ever before! Watch for him to improve his kick outs, and learn how to create for his team (especially as they double him)

Secondly:

EDIT: Obviously Bosh misses the open give-me. Who remembers the same miss vs GSW as sonny intercepted the inbounds pass? oh... good times.
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Raptors Republic Starter charlz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote akashsingh wrote: View Post
    this is a veteran not a rookie, what absolute garbage. He should've worked harder to catch the ball in rhythm, and should've either gone dribble pull up (might result in a long 2) or penetrate and finish; that is his game.
    2-19 #tradeBargsNOWMUTHERFUCKERS
    "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote charlz wrote: View Post
    2-19 #tradeBargsNOWMUTHERFUCKERS
    lol - that would be hilarious trending.
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

Raptors Republic All-Star ebrian's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

What bothers me the most about Bargnani's game isn't so much that he missed 17 of 19 shots.. it's that when he was having a horrible shooting night (which happens) and he didn't try to manufacture some extra points.

He got to the free throw line ONCE.
    your pal,
    ebrian

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ebrian wrote: View Post
    What bothers me the most about Bargnani's game isn't so much that he missed 17 of 19 shots.. it's that when he was having a horrible shooting night (which happens) and he didn't try to manufacture some extra points.

He got to the free throw line ONCE.
    I don't recall a single post-up attempt either....
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic All-Star RandomGuy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote enlightenment wrote: View Post
    First off Demar is assisting more than ever before! Watch for him to improve his kick outs, and learn how to create for his team (especially as they double him)

Secondly:

EDIT: Obviously Bosh misses the open give-me. Who remembers the same miss vs GSW as sonny intercepted the inbounds pass? oh... good times.
    When was it? The pass. You know what I mean.
    #FREE

Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote RandomGuy wrote: View Post
    When was it? The pass. You know what I mean.
    I think it was his rookie season! 2006-2007!

I can tell by the announcers still thinking about Bargnani making other players better. Jeez, look at him run, makes me wish he could be his rookie self again.
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Raptors Republic All-Star ebrian's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    I don't recall a single post-up attempt either....
    How can a 7-footer go through an entire game (let alone a double overtime game) without a single postup? How is that possible?
    your pal,
    ebrian

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information