I really feel bad for Jonas, DeMar and Ed today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Soft Euro wrote: View Post
    I completely agree with Halifax that the reactions by some people should not be part of this forum. The constant fuck this and fuck that like language is fucking annoying. I also don't think the 17 years of losing are to blame for this or can be used as an excuse for this, not in the least because I don't think most who use that language are old enough to have experienced most of these years first hand.
    I was mainly speaking for myself (regarding the 17 years), but you're probably right.

Comment

I completely agree with Halifax that the reactions by some people should not be part of this forum. The constant fuck this and fuck that like language is fucking annoying. I also don't think the 17 years of losing are to blame for this or can be used as an excuse for this, not in the least because I don't think most who use that language are old enough to have experienced most of these years first hand.

maybe you should do something about that, too bad you're not a mod.

Comment

You have a blocklist in your user settings. You can add inarticulate users who add nothing to the conversation if you want.

Comment

T-Dot

Well.....some of the posters on here actually live in TORONTO.....If you're living somewhere in Europe or in Halifax its really hard for you to understand the frustrations of fans living in Toronto (for multiple sports not only basketball). Simple as that!

Please dont tell us how YOU think we should react to constant losing.

Comment

If Bargnani gets on the right team, with a strong teamdefending big, and in a particular role, not as the first or second man, he could easily be a very helpful player. And by easily I mean easily.
            I could care less really. As long as he's not on this team

Comment

special1 wrote: View Post
              Well.....some of the posters on here actually live in TORONTO.....If you're living somewhere in Europe or in Halifax its really hard for you to understand the frustrations of fans living in Toronto (for multiple sports not only basketball). Simple as that!

A bit harsh but true nonetheless. I take losses personally, when the raps lose these close games a part of me feels weak for the rest of the day. By the time i'm done recovering its time for another close loss. It really sucks cause most teams in Toronto seem to be on the rise(cept the leafs of course) and we were supposed to be part of that.

Comment

Well.....some of the posters on here actually live in TORONTO.....If you're living somewhere in Europe or in Halifax its really hard for you to understand the frustrations of fans living in Toronto (for multiple sports not only basketball). Ignorant as that!

I fixed the above.

Comment

excellent post.

Comment

Kickboxing, need more time for kickboxing.
                    Hahaha. Love the new go to. Hilarious

Comment

akashsingh wrote: View Post
                      excellent post.
                      I don't think its' an excellent post. Some of us live outside of toronto and realize it isn't the center of the universe.

Did the grey cup change your views on basketball losses now that a championship has been won in toronto?

These kinds of excluding comments can hijack a thread and make it about how much better our place is than other peoples. Clearly i wouldn't understand because i don't live in toronto right? That isn't an argument it is an excuse for peoples' whining.

If our team was playing 500 and one player blew a game and some people came on here to rant is it because they live in toronto or are passionate about the team.

I don't mind the passion and i do understand the anger of not winning or all these close games even though i don't live in toronto.

Comment

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                        I don't think its' an excellent post. Some of us live outside of toronto and realize it isn't the center of the universe.

Did the grey cup change your views on basketball losses now that a championship has been won in toronto?

These kinds of excluding comments can hijack a thread and make it about how much better our place is than other peoples. Clearly i wouldn't understand because i don't live in toronto right? That isn't an argument it is an excuse for peoples' whining.

If our team was playing 500 and one player blew a game and some people came on here to rant is it because they live in toronto or are passionate about the team.

I don't mind the passion and i do understand the anger of not winning or all these close games even though i don't live in toronto.
                        I think the last part holds more weight actually. Please dont tell us how YOU think we should react to constant losing.

Comment

akashsingh wrote: View Post
                          I think the last part holds more weight actually. Please dont tell us how YOU think we should react to constant losing.
                          I didn't tell anyone how to react to anything. Several posters on the republic don't represent 3 million people in toronto and by that logic i speak for 20 million people here in shanghai.

When the raps lose do i not sulk. When they win do i not drink faster and go out looking for blowjobs. We are already against 29 other teams no need to seperate ourselves by where we are as a relation to how much we support or care for our team.
                          Last edited by Miekenstien; Tue Nov 27, 2012, 03:40 AM.

Comment

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                            I didn't tell anyone how to react to anything. Several posters on the republic don't represent 3 million people in toronto and by that logic i speak for 20 million people here in shanghai.

When the raps lose do i not sulk. When they win do i not drink faster and go out looking for blowjobs. We are already against 29 other teams no need to seperate ourselves by where we are as a relation to how much we support or care for our team.
                            people are entitled to their opinion, you disliking their reaction is fine, not everyone feels that way though.

Comment

If you are of the opinion that people are entitled to their opinion, your probably don't mind that I think some people shouldn't react the way they do. After all, I'm entitled to that opinion. And btw, I'm not talking about people being upset or pissed off, just talking about the ones that go over the edge.

Comment

All Raptors fans are equal, regardless where you live. I lived in Toronto for nearly a decade, which started with the Vinsanity glory days and ended with the post-playoff meltdown that ultimately resulted in Bosh's departure. I've been a Raptors fan since day 1. I now live in a city who's sports sections (tv, radio, print) barely include the Raptors, if at all. Despite that, I would argue that I am just as much of a dedicated, passionate, die-hard Raptors fan as any on this site. Don't imply that I'm not as strong a fan, simply because I don't live in Toronto [anymore], that's just ignorant.

Even when I lived in Toronto and cheered for the Raptors, Leafs and Blue Jays (man I picked a bad decade to live in Toronto!), I never took losing personally. Yes, I would get frustrated, but it's not like I'm part of the team. I may feel like I am, as a fan, but feeling/believing something doesn't make it so.

I realized a long time ago (and I'm only 35) that I had my own life to live beyond the sports teams that I cheered for. My proverbial heart may break with every loss and I may enjoy coming to RR to vent, but at the end of the day, professional sports is no different than a movie, tv show or book... it's a vice to entertain us. Getting so upset with BC/DC is really no more useful than getting mad at a broadcaster for cancelling your favourite tv show... go ahead and get upset, but you're the only one suffering.
                                Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Tue Nov 27, 2012, 03:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X