Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 41 to 48 of 48

Thread: I really feel bad for Jonas, DeMar and Ed today

  1. #41
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    847
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Miekenstien wrote: View Post
    I don't think its' an excellent post. Some of us live outside of toronto and realize it isn't the center of the universe.

    Did the grey cup change your views on basketball losses now that a championship has been won in toronto?

    These kinds of excluding comments can hijack a thread and make it about how much better our place is than other peoples. Clearly i wouldn't understand because i don't live in toronto right? That isn't an argument it is an excuse for peoples' whining.

    If our team was playing 500 and one player blew a game and some people came on here to rant is it because they live in toronto or are passionate about the team.

    I don't mind the passion and i do understand the anger of not winning or all these close games even though i don't live in toronto.
    I think the last part holds more weight actually. Please dont tell us how YOU think we should react to constant losing.

  2. #42
    Raptors Republic All-Star Miekenstien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,894
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote akashsingh wrote: View Post
    I think the last part holds more weight actually. Please dont tell us how YOU think we should react to constant losing.
    I didn't tell anyone how to react to anything. Several posters on the republic don't represent 3 million people in toronto and by that logic i speak for 20 million people here in shanghai.

    When the raps lose do i not sulk. When they win do i not drink faster and go out looking for blowjobs. We are already against 29 other teams no need to seperate ourselves by where we are as a relation to how much we support or care for our team.
    Last edited by Miekenstien; Tue Nov 27th, 2012 at 02:40 AM.

  3. #43
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    847
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Miekenstien wrote: View Post
    I didn't tell anyone how to react to anything. Several posters on the republic don't represent 3 million people in toronto and by that logic i speak for 20 million people here in shanghai.

    When the raps lose do i not sulk. When they win do i not drink faster and go out looking for blowjobs. We are already against 29 other teams no need to seperate ourselves by where we are as a relation to how much we support or care for our team.
    people are entitled to their opinion, you disliking their reaction is fine, not everyone feels that way though.

  4. #44
    Raptors Republic All-Star Soft Euro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Utrecht, The Netherlands (Yes, that's Europe!)
    Posts
    1,920
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    If you are of the opinion that people are entitled to their opinion, your probably don't mind that I think some people shouldn't react the way they do. After all, I'm entitled to that opinion. And btw, I'm not talking about people being upset or pissed off, just talking about the ones that go over the edge.

  5. #45
    Super Moderator CalgaryRapsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,296
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote special1 wrote: View Post
    Well.....some of the posters on here actually live in TORONTO.....If you're living somewhere in Europe or in Halifax its really hard for you to understand the frustrations of fans living in Toronto (for multiple sports not only basketball). Simple as that!

    Please dont tell us how YOU think we should react to constant losing.
    All Raptors fans are equal, regardless where you live. I lived in Toronto for nearly a decade, which started with the Vinsanity glory days and ended with the post-playoff meltdown that ultimately resulted in Bosh's departure. I've been a Raptors fan since day 1. I now live in a city who's sports sections (tv, radio, print) barely include the Raptors, if at all. Despite that, I would argue that I am just as much of a dedicated, passionate, die-hard Raptors fan as any on this site. Don't imply that I'm not as strong a fan, simply because I don't live in Toronto [anymore], that's just ignorant.

    Even when I lived in Toronto and cheered for the Raptors, Leafs and Blue Jays (man I picked a bad decade to live in Toronto!), I never took losing personally. Yes, I would get frustrated, but it's not like I'm part of the team. I may feel like I am, as a fan, but feeling/believing something doesn't make it so.

    I realized a long time ago (and I'm only 35) that I had my own life to live beyond the sports teams that I cheered for. My proverbial heart may break with every loss and I may enjoy coming to RR to vent, but at the end of the day, professional sports is no different than a movie, tv show or book... it's a vice to entertain us. Getting so upset with BC/DC is really no more useful than getting mad at a broadcaster for cancelling your favourite tv show... go ahead and get upset, but you're the only one suffering.
    Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Tue Nov 27th, 2012 at 02:28 PM.

  6. #46
    Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    5,990
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    All Raptors fans are equal, regardless where you live. I lived in Toronto for nearly a decade, which started with the Vinsanity glory days and ended with the post-playoff meltdown that ultimately resulted in Bosh's departure. I've been a Raptors fan since day 1. I now live in a city who's sports sections (tv, radio, print) barely include the Raptors, if at all. Despite that, I would argue that I am just as much of a dedicated, passionate, die-hard Raptors fan as any on this site. Don't imply that I'm not as strong a fan, simply because I don't live in Toronto [anymore], that's just ignorant.
    I don't disagree with your point, but perhaps special1 was speaking more about cheering for Toronto teams, as opposed to actually living in the city. I mean let's face it, every team this city fields (in any sport) stinks like kakka. That frustration must spill from one league to the other.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

  7. #47
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    847
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Soft Euro wrote: View Post
    If you are of the opinion that people are entitled to their opinion, your probably don't mind that I think some people shouldn't react the way they do. After all, I'm entitled to that opinion. And btw, I'm not talking about people being upset or pissed off, just talking about the ones that go over the edge.
    did you even read my post dude? I said you disliking their reaction is fine. You are definitely entitled to that opinion.

    Im sorry if you dislike people going over the edge, but maybe you should grow a thicker skin? Or at least realize different people have varying levels of passion for this club.

    anyways stop borderline trolling.

  8. #48
    Raptors Republic All-Star Soft Euro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Utrecht, The Netherlands (Yes, that's Europe!)
    Posts
    1,920
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Wow, I'm the troll

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •