No announcement yet.

Raptors Broadcasters: An early season rant and plea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am getting a little tired of Jack....and have never warmed to Devlin.
    Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

akashsingh wrote: View Post
      1,2,4 I feel you man, but you (not me unfortunately) are still going to watch the next game. They can't just come out and call it the way they see it because the casual fan (bless them) doesn't realize how complete utter wastes we are at times and anything to suggest that (even the truth) is not acceptable, they are trying to package the product in a way that appeals to the uninformed and people who know little about the franchise.

#3....My guess is b/c before tristan thompson, leo rautins was the highest drafted canadian (at pick 17), and that may hold some weight to the ppl old enough to remember that (certainly not me). He is also less ugly than jack, so that's a +1 in the media business.

And personally I don't understand the leo hate. Sure he singles people out, but it makes for a nice change from devlin who is too much of a homer. He also makes fun of devlin, which I like. Oh yeah I don't like matt devlin.
      Who cares about how Leo looks or if he looks better than Jack Armstrong. He keeps spewing the same BS everytime "don't bite on fakes". Jack Armstrong is not only funny but the dude knows his ball. And his Signature "Get that Garbage outta here" is legendary. Leo Rautins is a bum

Comment

Get out the Salami and Cheese Mama!! This ball game is over!!

Onions baby Onions!!

Raptors win! Raptors win! Raptors win!!
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

I miss him too. Trade Leo to Chicago

Comment

I honestly like Matt Devlin, especially whenever he's on TSN with Jack, it's lively, and fun to listen during the broadcast.

Leo is the Andrea Bargnani of colour commentary.
            Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

WJF wrote: View Post
              I am getting a little tired of Jack....and have never warmed to Devlin.
              You like Leo but not Jack???
              What kind of sick bastard are you.

Comment

I don't have a bad word for either jack or leo, I value their insight, but I prefer jack armstrong. Devlin's excuse making when things are going particularly badly rub me the wrong way. No homo.

Comment

Letter N wrote: View Post
                  You like Leo but not Jack???
                  What kind of sick bastard are you.
                  I am just getting tired of his singing and catch phrases HELLLLOOO......goodbye!
                  Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

I've never hated anyone as much as I hate Matt "company man" Devlin. He's terrible and I sometimes wonder how much he actually knows about basketball. Leo is a close second.

If I were one of these billionaire fan owners I'd pay hubie brown whatever he wanted to do Raps games.
                    LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

minks77 wrote: View Post
                      I've never hated anyone as much as I hate Matt "company man" Devlin. He's terrible and I sometimes wonder how much he actually knows about basketball. Leo is a close second.

If I were one of these billionaire fan owners I'd pay hubie brown whatever he wanted to do Raps games.
                      And bring Dan Shulman back to TSN.

Comment

Bring in Kevin Colabro

Comment

Kevin Colabro and Jack armstrong would make a legendary commenting duo. Maybe the raps would even start winning

Comment

I'm not picky when it comes to commentators. Devlin isn't nearly as annoying as some of the guys other teams have doing play by play

Comment

Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
                              I'm not picky when it comes to commentators. Devlin isn't nearly as annoying as some of the guys other teams have doing play by play
                              +1 i agree. The old clippers dude for example. His catch phrases are fucking annoying, "Butler for three, BINGO!" like stfu. Biggest homer ever

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                                +1 i agree. The old clippers dude for example. His catch phrases are fucking annoying, "Butler for three, BINGO!" like stfu. Biggest homer ever
                                Close but the biggest homer has to be Tommy Heinshorn. Nothing makes a Celtics blowout even less enjoyable than the local feed...
                                LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X