Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your biggest disappointment in Raps History?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your biggest disappointment in Raps History?

Who or what would you guys say has been the biggest disappointment in Raps history to date? This can include, players traded away or we received through trade. Players leaving for more money, less money, more TV time, whatever. Or players drafted and not lived up to the hype. Deals that fell through or coaches being let go or hired.

In my opinion, Barg is up there with Vince leaving us high and dry. I was never sold on Bosh as a franchise player and the fact that he left to go play with his Olympic girlfriends didn't bother me. More power to him. Just thought he could have been more up front with his intentions so BC could pull the trigger on another J. O'Neil trade lol. I was actually happy he left because it meant that Barg would get more touches and show us all why BC selected him 1st. That has not happened and will never happen as long as BC continue to pamper him. If he sits on the bench when he is playing poorly like he did last night, maybe he will start to care and take pride in himself and his game a little bit.

But Barg is not my biggest disappointment. I have to give that honor or lack of to BC not admitting that his experiments and tweaks have failed.

Who is your biggest disappointment so far?

Biggest Disappointment in hindsight:
    Not keeping Tracy McGrady.

Biggest Disappointment since Ive begun watching the Raptors:
    Vince leaving for nada.

Most Disappointing F.A:
    Hedo 'ntplaybasketball' Turkoglu.
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
      Biggest Disappointment in hindsight:
      Not keeping Tracy McGrady.

Turkoglu.
      Actually forgot about Tracy McGrady. But guess he left because he didn't want to play second wheel to VC correct?

Comment

He left for many reasons, but apparently we couldve had him if Butch Carter was kept.

Whatever the reason, in hindsight its probably what kept us from an early run to the championships.
        The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

1. Watching Vince Carter quit trying. (the deal just made this worse)

2. Watching this organization build around Andrea Bargnani

3. Chris Bosh not being traded

Comment

He wears the number 7.

Seriously though, couple of years ago when we were like a game back of making the playoffs and the raps lost, and the bulls won pushing us out at like the last game of the season.

Comment

Drafting Hoffa has to be in there somewhere.

Comment

Andrea not being a 40/20 player

....the gods have cursed us, the caliper lies

Comment

Fuchan wrote: View Post
                  couple of years ago when we were like a game back of making the playoffs and the raps lost, and the bulls won pushing us out at like the last game of the season.

Ya .. that one hurt alot. I remember we had to beat Golden State on a night they were trying to get the record for Don Nelson.

That, and Vince missing the shot over Tyrone Hill that could have put us in the Eastern Conference Championships against a beat up Milwaukee ... Basically one shot away from the Finals.
                  When that shot rimmed out, my heart died a little.

And of course Vince getting traded. Rob Babcock is on my "Punch-in-the-Face List".
                  Last edited by Joey; Mon Nov 26, 2012, 06:38 PM.

Comment

Fuchan wrote: View Post
                    He wears the number 7.

Seriously though, couple of years ago when we were like a game back of making the playoffs and the raps lost, and the bulls won pushing us out at like the last game of the season.
                    That year we held out destiny in our own hands. We lost that game big time if my memory servers me right!

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                      Ya .. that one hurt alot. I remember we had to beat Golden State on a night they were trying to get the record for Don Nelson.
                      Seems like Golden State screwed us a couple times now!

Comment

Stahmenah_Vybz wrote: View Post
                        We lost that game big time if my memory servers me right!
                        No way. Down to the wire! Chris Bosh at the Buzzer! Was a great game. Posted highlights above.
                        Last edited by Joey; Mon Nov 26, 2012, 06:41 PM.

Comment

Comment

The haul we got for VC is up there.

The VC rim-out against Philly was a little before my time, but my brother is a Sixers fan so it still hurts. A lot.
                            Biggest Raptors fan from the Land Down Under

@alexhaggispinch

Toronto Raptors
                            Sydney Swans, Melbourne Storm
                            Dallas Cowboys, Dallas Stars, LA Angels of Anaheim

Comment

BasketballCrush wrote: View Post
                              *Punch to the Face*

Comment

Working...
                              X