Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your biggest disappointment in Raps History?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That warriors game was sad. But i'd put this years start to the season up there with one of the biggest disappointments

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
      No way. Down to the wire! Chris Bosh at the Buzzer! Was a great game. Posted highlights above.
      ouch, yes, remember now. Thank you for posting!

Comment

You guys should be posting a picture of Vince instead of Babcock.

Sure Babcock was a buffoon for doing that trade to a team in his own conference but Vince's play put his value at zero. When a player openly comes out and wants a trade, then puts forth zero effort and sulks until it happens it puts you in the worst bargaining position. Had he been traded to the western conference we still would have got nothing back.

Comment

Stahmenah_Vybz wrote: View Post
          Who or what would you guys say has been the biggest disappointment in Raps history to date? This can include, players traded away or we received through trade. Players leaving for more money, less money, more TV time, whatever. Or players drafted and not lived up to the hype. Deals that fell through or coaches being let go or hired.

In my opinion, Barg is up there with Vince leaving us high and dry. I was never sold on Bosh as a franchise player and the fact that he left to go play with his Olympic girlfriends didn't bother me. More power to him. Just thought he could have been more up front with his intentions so BC could pull the trigger on another J. O'Neil trade lol. I was actually happy he left because it meant that Barg would get more touches and show us all why BC selected him 1st. That has not happened and will never happen as long as BC continue to pamper him. If he sits on the bench when he is playing poorly like he did last night, maybe he will start to care and take pride in himself and his game a little bit.

But Barg is not my biggest disappointment. I have to give that honor or lack of to BC not admitting that his experiments and tweaks have failed.

Who is your biggest disappointment so far?
          1. The entire team who played, and didn't tea-bag Kobe out of the game sometime after 50.
          2. Bargs, that block by Duncan is an article on it's own in USA Today. He really, really needs to go.

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
            That warriors game was sad. But i'd put this years start to the season up there with one of the biggest disappointments
            What's really sad is that we keep hoping that we're rebuilding toward something.

I actually thought that this year we'd play decent ball, get some respect, and really fit into that "up and cummer" mold.

The ONLY option, right now, is to sucker some GM into trading a decent asset for IL Floppo. Else, our biggest "star" is going to go all Boshy-Vincy on us, and we'll end up with squat in return.

THAT would be the biggest "loser" slap in the face, after 7 years of hoping the "real" Bargnani would emerge.

Comment

Well, i became a Raps fan because of VC. So i would say VC leaving is the most disappointing thing for me.

Still a huge VC fan by the way. I know the chances are slim but i hope he retires as a Raps and see #15 in the rafters one day.
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

Easy for me. Hakeem signing. Worst move ever followed by the horrible return we got on vince. Fucking babcock worked one year and destroyed the team for a decade with the vince trade and araujo signing but glen and his fucking name grab with hakeem destroyed this teams chances of capitalizing on its' most successful year.

Fucking hakeem. I remember almost perfectly vince striding into that press conference smiling and hakeem smiling and straight faced telling us that vince was one of the big reasons for signing with us. The other offers he got as a horribly regressing old man are some i would love to be privy to.

Fuck kenny anderson
                Fuck vince
                Fuck mourning with a hot iron
                Last edited by Miekenstien; Tue Nov 27, 2012, 12:40 AM.

Comment

Fuchan wrote: View Post
                  He wears the number 7.

Seriously though, couple of years ago when we were like a game back of making the playoffs and the raps lost, and the bulls won pushing us out at like the last game of the season.
                  are you talking about the game we lost to Chicago or the last game? the raps blew out the team, but so did Chicago to clinch.

Comment

Fuchan wrote: View Post
                    Seriously though, couple of years ago when we were like a game back of making the playoffs and the raps lost, and the bulls won pushing us out at like the last game of the season.
                    that was the game bosh missed a lay-up when he was all alone right? then two months later moved to miami?

Comment

Where does one begin?

Seriously.

Lets go with the latest: coin flip.

Comment

T-Mac leaving might have been the the trigger for all of the VC/Babcock stuff. If T-Mac stays for his prime years (and they play well together), we are a finals contender. T-Mac leaves, it all goes to hell.
                        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
                          T-Mac leaving might have been the the trigger for all of the VC/Babcock stuff. If T-Mac stays for his prime years (and they play well together), we are a finals contender. T-Mac leaves, it all goes to hell.
                          So according. To you, T-Mac is to be blamed for our snowball?

Comment

For me it was definitely not being able to surround VC with better players and keep him happy and the team competetive. He made us such a relevant and exciting team to watch and I always felt like we had a chance to win almost any game with him in the line up.

Eventually though, even I got sick of watching the same play getting called for him time and time again (isolation at the top of the 3 pt circle) and he was starting to get worn out. What could have been if we just had a better coach and talent to surround him with?

Comment

Stahmenah_Vybz wrote: View Post
                              So according. To you, T-Mac is to be blamed for our snowball?
                              I don't blame T-Mac directly, but it makes sense when you think about it. He left because VC and him wouldn't share, but imagine if T-Mac stays and is happy to be 2nd fiddle (while possibly being the better player). T-Mac and VC in their prime years, while giving it their all would have turned this team into an elite team. Maybe even a choice destination for free agents (vet's looking to play for a contender at least). No lottery picks, no coaching changes, no VC trade fiasco. A strong team built around 2 incredible perimeter players that could have feed off each other, helped each other, and built a culture of winning.
                              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Like others have mentioned, there have been a ton of disappointments over the years, but the most heartbreaking has to be Vince's missed jumper vs. Philly in the 2001 playoffs. The Raptors were that close [pinching fingers] to a remarkable run....also known as getting stomped in the finals by LA.

Following that shot was the beginning of the end for Vince in Raptorland, and the franchise has yet to recover over a decade later (and counting).

Comment

Working...
                                X