Why Is Everyone So Focused On The Raps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LBF wrote: View Post
    The Argos just won a championship. The Blue Jays are relevant! Go out and celebrate!(especially,because that fat fuck got fired!)

Instead of crabbing about how shit the raptors are...youve actually got some positive and yet, are still focused on the negative. Has it just been a negative,depressing,losing culture for that long, that toronto fans don't know what else to do!?

The raptors are doing as expected and people are getting mad. Meanwhile, as i mentioned the thing about the argos and the jays...heck, i think even the marlies are doing good(?)...so, quit your depressed, angst-ridden rants, take a breath, and look at all this positive.

Hell, the lockout keeps you from having to watch the maple laughs stink up the place!

Seriously, the raptors sucking is nothing new. A major toronto team(sorry, toronto rock)winning a championship and the blue jays being relevant is!
    long time no see buddy, how you been?

Comment

The Argos just won a championship. The Blue Jays are relevant! Go out and celebrate!(especially,because that fat fuck got fired!)

Instead of crabbing about how shit the raptors are...youve actually got some positive and yet, are still focused on the negative. Has it just been a negative,depressing,losing culture for that long, that toronto fans don't know what else to do!?

The raptors are doing as expected and people are getting mad. Meanwhile, as i mentioned the thing about the argos and the jays...heck, i think even the marlies are doing good(?)...so, quit your depressed, angst-ridden rants, take a breath, and look at all this positive.

Hell, the lockout keeps you from having to watch the maple laughs stink up the place!

Seriously, the raptors sucking is nothing new. A major toronto team(sorry, toronto rock)winning a championship and the blue jays being relevant is!
      Ok, first of all, the Argos are not a more relevant team than the Rock. More relevant to Canadians, but totally irrelevant in their sport. When the Rock win, they are the highest quality team in their sport. When the Argos win, it's like the NBADL championship....most of these guys give pro football a bad name, otherwise they'd be in the NFL. People like CFL because it's Canadian, but it is terrible in pretty much every other way. I remember liking it more than NFL when I was a kid, mostly because of the higher scores...then I realized it's because of how shitty it is, and that teams can't defend and tackle worth a damn. Seriously, I'm pretty sure the CFL has 3 downs because if they had 4, no team would ever fail to get a first down.

As for the Jays, I think they're getting tons of attention, considering it's the offseason. But how much talking can you do about a team that is still months from the season, and much longer before they might play 'meaningful' games. So the Jays are not relevant, because as Nilanka said, they're pretty much garbage until they prove otherwise. But again, they are getting lots of attention, and probably more than they have in an offseason since they acquired Paul Molitor.

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post
        I've said this many times and I'll say it again.. and I apologize to the fans on this board, but the Toronto Blue Jays are a farm team for Major League Baseball. Other teams use the Jays to develop talent and then they take them. The trades they make, nothing more than ways to keep the faithful from catching on to what is really happening. I know it all sounds conspiracy theorist-like, but it's the sad truth.
        This is nonsense. Other than possibly Roy Halladay, can you name a single player in the past 5 years that this describes? Ten years? Delgado? They chose not to resign him. Shawn Green? Hated Gaston. The corpse of Vernon Wells? I can't think of a single player this describes.

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
          This is nonsense. Other than possibly Roy Halladay, can you name a single player in the past 5 years that this describes? Ten years? Delgado? They chose not to resign him. Shawn Green? Hated Gaston. The corpse of Vernon Wells? I can't think of a single player this describes.
          he must be talking about alex rios..LOL maybe travis snider LOL

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post
            I've said this many times and I'll say it again.. and I apologize to the fans on this board, but the Toronto Blue Jays are a farm team for Major League Baseball. Other teams use the Jays to develop talent and then they take them. The trades they make, nothing more than ways to keep the faithful from catching on to what is really happening. I know it all sounds conspiracy theorist-like, but it's the sad truth.
            It's only the truth if YOU believe it. As slaw said, this is nonsense, and I don't agree at all.

Comment

Im in Kelowna, and I still care that the Jays are relevant.

Not so much Argos.

BC Lions won it last year and they got little more than a "yippee" from me..
              The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
                It's only the truth if YOU believe it. As slaw said, this is nonsense, and I don't agree at all.
                Hard for me to defend because I haven't really followed the Jays closely in over 15 years, but just because the team hasn't developed any 'superstars' doesn't make my statement untrue. Just because Alex Rios didn't turn out a superstar, doesn't mean the statement is untrue either. The Jays have historically invested heavily in their farm system, then proceeded to trade out (from this strength) every few years to make a splash in the trade markets and try to compete. This recent trade with the Marlins is no different. Will they succeed with this latest trade of players who led the Marlins to a 60+ win season? Doubtful. Did the Marlins get a whole bunch of good prospects? Undoubtedly yes. Will they become superstars, who knows.
                your pal,
                ebrian

Comment

ebrian wrote:
                  That's odd.. how did my reply end up above your post?

Anyway, the point is that the Jays are farming up good players and every few years they trade them out to get vets and make a run. It won't work. It just won't. Logically this makes absolutely no sense (ie it COULD work), but I'm predicting it won't using the same logic I used to conclude the Raptors would continue to suck this year.

Hopefully I'm wrong.. but in all honesty I could not care less. Sitting in an empty ACC pretending to watch hockey being played is more exciting to me than watching baseball.
                  Again, this is just plain wrong. The Jays have absolutely never operated this way. Ever.

If anything, the Jays biggest issue the last decade has been that they haven't really developed anyone from their own farm system. It's only in the last few years (Arencibia, Romero) that they've drafted everyday players. Even most of their good young players (Lawrie, D'arnaud, Gose, Rasmus, Morrow) were all acquired via trade.

Comment

Because my life is so awesome I need something awful just to keep me grounded. So I figured, hey? Why not?
                    i8theball.com it's a website...about, you know....basketball.

Comment

Not everyone likes those sports y'know. I don't watch anything but basketball

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                        Not everyone likes those sports y'know. I don't watch anything but basketball
                        Open your mind and change the channel once in a while...
                        If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Im going to try to respond tp every replt in one post.

First, the CFL is not a jokeleague and a sold-out greycup at rogers center proves this. Anyone, who says it is,is talking out their ass.

Second, I live in Hamilton,Ontari. and am ati-cat fan,so, i hate the argos.So, everyone who calls me atypical fan in the gta can suck it!

Thirdly, it doesn't matter if you follow the sport or not. A championship is cause for a celebration. I know so many people who celebrate when Canada wins gold and don't watch hockey.

Fourthly, for those of you outside of toronto,who don't celebrate the argos winning and don't follow the jays. I realize there is no hockey, either. But, you seem to have missed the parts about theraptorssucking is nothing new...if you honestly, expected a betterrecord it would be what like 5 wins by now instead of 3!? I mean,really...

Fifthly,those saying the jays are expecting to win with the same miami core that won them 60 games are lying to themselves. We already had a decent team here and we didn't trade away any of our main guys...so,how exactly are we the same core as miami? Last time I checked, Miami didn't have Bautista,Encarnacion,Lind,Rasmus,Lawrie,Cabrera,Ro mero,Morrow,etc. Who are all in toronto's starting line-ups...

I'd also like to touch on just how awful the grey-cup half-time show was, as well as burton cummings butchering the anthem...

Back to the raps, as this is a raps forum. We are a team that is full of unproven, young guys and our two best players are complimentary pieces. What were you expecting? It's also early.

Furthermore, I actually want the raps to lose as should you guys because we need all the chances we can get at drafting/collecting highly-touted prospects. We need a top 5 pick player besides Valanciunas, we've needed one for god knows...I belive we are in the process much like the jays were of piling up prospects,so, that you get enough that you are able to pick the one's that are the right fit and ship out the rest for some talent.

It's been as follows on thisforum since Bosh left. There is a strong focus on how crap the team is as if something better is to be expected and there is a group that lie to themselves about just how big the positives are(they aren't big)...everyone is not looking at the big picture or let's say, future. They are for some reason looking at the present and expecting more, when that is wrong. We aren't looking hard enough or focusing enough at the future to actually realize it is quite promising,maybe even more legitely now than potentially.

Finally,I am fine. I post quite often in the off-topic and unrelated to basketball sports forum. There is a lot more interesting conversation to be had there than in this one currently. It's also more fun than all the same old crap regurgitated on this forum.

I feel the need once in a while to shake things up and ruffle some feathers in here and I felt it was overdue.
                          If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Open your mind and change the channel once in a while...
                            I tried, i just prefer basketball. I don't have time to watch all those sports anyway

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
                              Again, this is just plain wrong. The Jays have absolutely never operated this way. Ever.

If anything, the Jays biggest issue the last decade has been that they haven't really developed anyone from their own farm system. It's only in the last few years (Arencibia, Romero) that they've drafted everyday players. Even most of their good young players (Lawrie, D'arnaud, Gose, Rasmus, Morrow) were all acquired via trade.
                              So what you're saying is, they aren't the MLB farm team, but they are still an afterthought?
                              your pal,
                              ebrian

Comment

i was listening to the radio before the grey cup... and they were interviewing Pinball Clemons..

and i realized....

i cant name a single Argo since he played.

Comment

Working...
                                X