Why Is Everyone So Focused On The Raps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

heinz57 wrote: View Post
    i was listening to the radio before the grey cup... and they were interviewing Pinball Clemons..

and i realized....

i cant name a single Argo since he played.
    Replace "Argo" with "CFL player" and you've just described me.
    your pal,
    ebrian

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
      First, the CFL is not a jokeleague and a sold-out greycup at rogers center proves this. Anyone, who says it is,is talking out their ass.
      A joke league that happens to have fans, is still a joke league. How else do we explain the WNBA? :P

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
        A joke league that happens to have fans, is still a joke league. How else do we explain the WNBA? :P
        I wouldn't call the CFL a joke league.. if it were a joke it would have folded years ago. There's definitely fans out there who like to watch it. There's just not that many of them. For example, I noticed walking around downtown last week there were tons of people wearing green Saskatchewan Roughriders jackets. At the Raptors game there were tons of people wearing that same green jacket. That confused me because I could have sworn it was Calgary vs Toronto. Obviously there's a lot of people out there who love to watch it, even if it's an inferior product made up largely of players who couldn't cut it in better league(s).

I suppose every country other than the US has a similar case. In fact I bet at this very minute, at Bogut's Republic forums, there's a bunch of guys mocking one dude for following the National Basketball League of Australia.
        your pal,
        ebrian

Comment

Jim Kelly loves the National Basketball League of Australia.

Comment

The CFL is not a joke league. The only people who think it is live in Toronto.

You go out west and it is second to hockey. It is the first and only in some places.

If the cfl was a joke league, they would not be able to get,as i much as i hate to say this,Justin Bieber and all them to play the half-time show. In years past theyve had, the black eyed peas,nickleback,etc. Now on a personal level i dont like those bands,but,they are/were at the time the top bands in the world.

It is a nationally broadcasted league on radio and on television. They even show a couple games a year on the NFL network.

Even if it is "inferior" to the nfl,which i dont think it is, in every way. Why should it matter?

I mean these guys sure as hell are better at footbalk than any of us and bigger,faster,stronger than any of us most likely. Its entertainment at it's finest.

Anyone who hates it is because they are pretentious snobs who think they are better than it. What makes you better than anyone of the players,coaches,etc.?

All those players,coaches,etc. are living out their dream! How many of you even pursued your dream!? Man,they don't fucking care if it's the NFL,CFL,UFL,XFL, whatever FL! Their dream was football and that's what they're doing.

How about you guys?
            If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

The Scotties Tournament of Hearts is not a joke league. The only people who think it is live in Toronto.

You go out east and it is second to hockey. It is the first and only in some places.

It is a nationally broadcasted league on radio and on television.

I mean these guys sure as hell are better at curling than any of us and bigger,faster,stronger than any of us most likely. Its entertainment at it's finest.

Anyone who hates it is because they are pretentious snobs who think they are better than it. What makes you better than anyone of the players,coaches,etc.?

All those players,coaches,etc. are living out their dream! How many of you even pursued your dream!? Their dream was curling and that's what they're doing.

You get the idea....

Comment

I started writing this reply to be about agreeing that CFLers are better than me at "footbalk", but I decided to stop.

I suppose he's right. It's pretentious of us to mock a league just because we think it's inferior to another league.

I will stop now. I liked that comment someone made about why they have 3 downs though.. that field is so big.. every time I see a CFL highlight on Sportsnet, the guy was completely wide open when he made the catch. But I suppose someone must like seeing stuff like that.. for the same reason people turn on "God mode" when they play video games.
                Last edited by ebrian; Wed Nov 28, 2012, 04:46 PM.
                your pal,
                ebrian

Comment

It's not pretentious to critique the CFL, in the same way it's not pretentious to critique a movie. Nothing wrong with saying you dislike something (for whatever reason).

Getting offended by such critique, now that's where the problem lies....

Comment

Working...
                  X