Why Did People Move From RF To RR?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Did People Move From RF To RR?

Just wondering why some big people (apollo Dr N ect) move from raptors fourm to here? Just kinda curious beucase at the moment im not currently liking a lot of the people on RF (acie for one) and just wanted to know why so many members left
    Last edited by m5racer; Tue Feb 2, 2010, 06:42 PM.

'cause RR is the shiznit?
    TRUE LOVE - Sometimes you know it the instant you see it across the bar.

Comment

Never been to RF
      - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Once you reach Max Level, you stop leveling

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Comment

Me personally, I made the decision to pursue something different outside of just running a forum, m5racer. RF is still a great place and members are still in great hands with Benzo, Acie and lang running the show there. It may not be for everyone, but nor are we. If you have a bone to pick with them, I'd appreciate you taking it up with them at RF and not here at RR.

Raptors Republic is offering the forum as an outlet for the RR members that visit the blogs daily who want to start topics and chat Raptors ball amongst other topics. Something the blog portion doesn't offer outside of what it posted by Alt, Arse, Raps Fan, Steve, A-Dub and now Tom.

So anyhow, no one's left RF and they'll be fine. Just some have decided to visit both places. That's it, that's all. There's nothing more to the story. RF is still a great option for Raptors fans.

Comment

Is this a "check dissatisfaction" poll by RF?

Unfamiliar with RF....RR seems to have a mature membership and the reportage is some of the best re: the Raptors....varied, witty and daily.

Comment

m5racer wrote: View Post
            Just wondering why some big people (apollo Dr N ect) move from raptors fourm to here? Just kinda curious beucase at the moment im not currently liking a lot of the people on RF (acie for one) and just wanted to know why so many members left
            Remember when Joe Johnson left the Suns to go play in Atlanta and no one could believe it? Well Joe and the Hawks are killing it now, he plays a bigger role and the Hawks have a bright future.

Welcome to Raptors Republic by the way!

Comment

I like both places for different reasons. Both have their strengths.

Go where you want. Thats why they make chocolate and vanilla!
              http://www.raptorman.ca/
              raptorman@rogers.com
              Discounted Raptor Tickets
              *No Service Charges*

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                Remember when Joe Johnson left the Suns to go play in Atlanta and no one could believe it? Well Joe and the Hawks are killing it now, he plays a bigger role and the Hawks have a bright future.
                Since Joe Johnson left the Suns, they still enjoyed some success. But than their ownership made some very questionable decisions, culminating in bringing in a washed-up HOF player who they thought would carry them to the promise land and a head coach no one liked who was quickly fired. Altogether, they ended up missed the playoffs last season.

Today, the Suns are doing okay. But you know that as soon as their two best players eventually leave they'll be completely down in the dumps. And given the questionable leadership of their ownership, I don't know if they'll be able to rebuild.
                RR OG

Comment

Not 100% sure why people started splitting between the RF and here, but I can't say that it's any of my business.

I wish this place all the best and tons of success, and I look forward being part of the both places (RF and RR)

Comment

d.C wrote: View Post
                    Not 100% sure why people started splitting between the RF and here, but I can't say that it's any of my business.

I wish this place all the best and tons of success, and I look forward being part of the both places (RF and RR)
                    Again, no one's splitting sites. We're no threat to RF. Outside of the RealGM, they are the busiest Raptors message board out there. Raptors Republic is just offering something their fans have been asking for a while now and that being a dedicated forum for their blog making us a one stop shop for every Raptors fan.

Welcome to RR d.C.

Comment

Thanks Doc! I'm glad to be here.

Sorry, I really don't know anything about this. To be honest, I was wondering where you were as I haven't seen you on RF in a while. So after digging around and reading some old threads ('the recipe' one) I realized that you've moved on to this place.

I guess I've been out of the 'loop' for such a long time that all of this is news to me.

I really like the whole set-up that you have here. Feels so fresh and crisp. Keep up the good work!

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
                        Again, no one's splitting sites. We're no threat to RF. Outside of the RealGM, they are the busiest Raptors message board out there. Raptors Republic is just offering something their fans have been asking for a while now and that being a dedicated forum for their blog making us a one stop shop for every Raptors fan.

Welcome to RR d.C.
                        This.

Comment

lmao m5racer, you don't like Acie?

Anyway, I respect both forums equally. I've been at RF for quite a while. RR has it's similarities, but it also others some other "features" that RF doesn't offer. But hey, I not going to choose favourites. Just want to talk Raptors ball. Nw have 2 forums to share my outstanding basketball knowledge with. lol
                          "Don't expect anything unless you give everything."

Comment

because raptors forum is annoying with a bunch of weird people. god it was like it was turning more into a chat room and dating service than a basketball forum.

this may not be as active. but, it's got better people who can actually focus on the point of the forum.
                            If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
                              because raptors forum is annoying with a bunch of weird people. god it was like it was turning more into a chat room and dating service than a basketball forum.

this may not be as active. but, it's got better people who can actually focus on the point of the forum.
                              I wouldn't say that. RF is a great place to talk Raps ball as long as you don't act like an idiot all the time. But I also have a feeling that RR has a lot of potential, too.
                              "Don't expect anything unless you give everything."

Comment

Working...
                              X