Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: The Bargnani pull up from 15 petition

  1. #1
    Raptors Republic Rookie Raptorboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    St. John's
    Posts
    37
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default The Bargnani pull up from 15 petition

    Bargnani has been pretty disappointing for us avid Raptors fans for a while now. His refusal to rebound and pre-determined offensive arsenal which often backfires. He just doesn't seem to get something in his mind and try to follow through with it even when the situation calls for something else. It's like he doesn't react to the play. This is pretty frustrating to watch. For all the bad stuff he continues to do there is something that I think he can do very, very well.
    Andrea has a great mid range game!! When he pulls up from 15 ft in he makes alot of those shots!! When he tries to get all the way to the rim he often gets called for a charge because he's too slow and defenders get set for him. If he would just take 2 strong dribbles and pull up I think he could make things much easier for himself.
    Is there anyway we could get this message out to Andrea? I think he would improve drastically if he would do this!!!

  2. #2
    Raptors Republic Superstar Mack North's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Smoke City
    Posts
    2,635
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I can't even read the post cause Charles Ingalls is staring at me, he makes me nervous.
    Keep Calm & Chive On

  3. #3
    Raptors Republic All-Star Sig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,096
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Mack North wrote: View Post
    I can't even read the post cause Charles Ingalls is staring at me, he makes me nervous.
    Hah!

  4. #4
    Raptors Republic All-Star Sig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,096
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Well you could always "tweet" him and hope that he reads it.

  5. #5
    Raptors Republic Superstar Mack North's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Smoke City
    Posts
    2,635
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Sig wrote: View Post
    Well you could always "tweet" him and hope that he reads it.
    He's dead Oh, wait, you meant the Pasta Prince. That guy will never change!
    Keep Calm & Chive On

  6. #6
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    847
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    we haven't seen bargnani take it to the rim nearly enough to make this conclusion. He just doesn't have a explosive first step (which imo sets up his game, whether it is the pull up or taking it all the way, OR having defenders sag of enough for him to take the 3 pointer) this year for whatever reason.
    Last edited by akashsingh; Sun Dec 2nd, 2012 at 10:14 PM.

  7. #7
    Raptors Republic Starter Pele's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    mud
    Posts
    246
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Mack North wrote: View Post
    He's dead Oh, wait, you meant the Pasta Prince. That guy will never change!
    What? Bargs is dead? You mean, this year it's been a "Weekend at Bernies" thing with Andrea's corpse? Wow, that explains a lot.

    Hey, at least Ingalls had a good work ethic.

  8. #8
    Raptors Republic All-Star Sig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,096
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Mack North wrote: View Post
    He's dead Oh, wait, you meant the Pasta Prince. That guy will never change!
    Man that was a good show! Brings back a lot of childhood memories...

  9. #9
    Raptors Republic Rookie Raptorboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    St. John's
    Posts
    37
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote akashsingh wrote: View Post
    we haven't seen bargnani take it to the rim nearly enough to make this conclusion. He just doesn't have a explosive first step (which imo sets up his game, whether it is the pull up or taking it all the way, OR having defenders sag of enough for him to take the 3 pointer) this year for whatever reason.
    I agree. His athleticism in general is not good enough to get all the way to the rim consistently, but with his size he can shoot over most defenders. So if he took a couple dribbles and pulled up I think he would make the majority of his shots. Making shots = more confidence= more made shots. I think Barg's got the skills, he's just not using them the right way.

  10. #10
    Raptors Republic Rookie Raptorboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    St. John's
    Posts
    37
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Mack North wrote: View Post
    I can't even read the post cause Charles Ingalls is staring at me, he makes me nervous.
    There's nothing to be nervous about....or is there!!!

  11. #11
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    224
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Its too bad the raptors probably dont have statistical data regarding where everyone best executes on the floor... oh wait they do. Why does it seem like every other day there is a new petition on these forums. Professional Basketball organizations know and see more than the collective fan base ever will. Dont waste your time.

  12. #12
    Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    5,678
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    What's funny is that Bargnani has no problem resorting to the pullup 22 footer (i.e. the worst shot in basketball). But for whatever reason, taking an extra dribble or two appears to be too complicated...
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

  13. #13
    Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    5,678
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote SitnonDfence wrote: View Post
    Its too bad the raptors probably dont have statistical data regarding where everyone best executes on the floor... oh wait they do. Why does it seem like every other day there is a new petition on these forums. Professional Basketball organizations know and see more than the collective fan base ever will. Dont waste your time.
    This type of statement implies that professionals are never wrong.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

  14. #14
    Raptors Republic Rookie Jkwasia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Downtown Toronto
    Posts
    80
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Primo Pasta would be a lot more effective if he just passed the ball all together and didn't force up those jumpers.....he is most effective down on the block posting period. You guys are delusional if you think him taking two dribbles and forcing up a contest shot is very efficient.

  15. #15
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    224
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    This type of statement implies that professionals are never wrong.
    It should imply that they know bargnani's strengths and weaknesses. As we have seen over the years by our roster composition, they can be wrong.

  16. #16
    Raptors Republic All-Star slaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    2,027
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote SitnonDfence wrote: View Post
    It should imply that they know bargnani's strengths and weaknesses. As we have seen over the years by our roster composition, they can be wrong.
    That's a seven footer out there!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •