No announcement yet.

T-Ross can DUNK.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jesus on that one his first step is at the top of the circle... I mean...that's a long jumpshot for me.

Comment

In terms of Dunking:

Derozan: Hard strong dunker. Has great air time, and reminds me of Dominique Wilkins.
      Ross: Stylish, effortless jump. Great flare, reminds me of Vince Carter quite frankly more than Derozan.

If there was a dunk contest, I would give it to Ross. BUT, Derozan would easily give you the best posterization.
      Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Ross reminds me more of t-mac!

I think Derozan is more Vince than Ross is.
        The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
          Ross reminds me more of t-mac!

I think Derozan is more Vince than Ross is.
          At the end of the day, these 2 can really make a nice wing tandem down the road! Plus some nice highlight plays!

Comment

With Val at Center!

Comment

With Val at Center!
              Yeah, him and Davis blocking shots, a couple dream shakes, and some put-back dunks? Hell, yeah.

Comment

Let's stop with the T-Mac comparison. Let's not get carried away.

Ross right now reminds me of a young Jason Richardson. J-Rich though when he was young couldn't shoot. Ross on the other hand is already a great shooter.
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

He continués to remind me of a young Spree. But he has more length. Re: dunking - He looks like he could dunk from the foul line - in a game.

Comment

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
                    In terms of Dunking:

Derozan: Hard strong dunker. Has great air time, and reminds me of Dominique Wilkins.
                    Ross: Stylish, effortless jump. Great flare, reminds me of Vince Carter quite frankly more than Derozan.

If there was a dunk contest, I would give it to Ross. BUT, Derozan would easily give you the best posterization.
                    There is a reason why Wilkins was nicknamed "The Human Highlight Reel." The stuff he did in games was ridiculous. This is an old discussion piece here but DeRozan is great with a clear path. To his credit he has improved this year in driving through traffic and taking some contact. However, he is nowhere near the same league as Dominique.... not even close.

Number 6 is crazy hops.
                    Number 5 is over 7'4" Mark Eaton who was a crazy shot blocker.
                    Number 1 is what I wish DeMar could do versus his usual hang, wait, try to score off backboard on the way down, get clobbered, and get no call.

Comment

Idk why demar doesn't look to slam it on everyone. Sometimes he has a ton of space to elevate and crush it, instead he chooses to drive and get a no call and not score in the process.

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                        Idk why demar doesn't look to slam it on everyone. Sometimes he has a ton of space to elevate and crush it, instead he chooses to drive and get a no call and not score in the process.
                        I don't get it either. Must just be his mentality

Comment

Posterizing a well positioned player is much tougher than you think, especially when you just succeeded to penetrate, the extra elevation and strength is difficult to gather.

Derozan CAN do it, but it takes much more effort to, and in a game of 48 minutes, its not a sustainable venture for anyone who is expected to have their legs for the 4th

Comment

Posterizing a well positioned player is much tougher than you think, especially when you just succeeded to penetrate, the extra elevation and strength is difficult to gather.

Derozan CAN do it, but it takes much more effort to, and in a game of 48 minutes, its not a sustainable venture for anyone who is expected to have their legs for the 4th
                            I agree DeRozan can do it - just not consistently.

This is not about having legs. Guys like Wilkens, Jordan/Kobe (in youth), McDyess/Stoudemire (prior to microfracture), VC were definitely relied on by their teams in the 4th quarter. DeRozan just does not have the extremely rare combination of hops and strength needed to do the things those guys did on a nightly basis.

Comment

Ross's jumper reminds me of Carters a bit

Comment

would arron afflalo be a good comparisson for ross

Comment

Working...
                                X