Has Casey Lost the Room?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has Casey Lost the Room?

Something troubling seems to be bubbling around these Raptors. I'm getting the sense that maybe the players are starting tune out the coach. I can't put my finger on it but the body language and the horrible effort tonight is not a good sign for Casey IMO. Such an extended string of poor results can have that effect, especially when much more was expected of them.

I hope I'm wrong, but if I'm not then things don't bode well for Casey. Once a coach has lost the room it is very difficult to get it back unless the wins start coming, but usually by this point it's too late. After last season I never thought it would come to this where it is actually plausible that Casey could be fired.

The defense just looks like complete shit. Terrible rotations, leading to wide open 3's and easy dunks and layups.

Comment

You never know until after they get fired. The players are frustrated and upset with the losing. They also know the pressure is on. They may not read every blog post or listen to every radio caller but they all know what is being said and written.

I just can't see Casey getting fired. Not by Colangelo anyway. Now, if they wind up something like 4-21, all bets are off.

Comment

Nah.. Colangelo hand picked Casey. The only way Casey becomes a target is if Bryan gets fired and the new GM wants to pick his own guy.

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
          You never know until after they get fired. The players are frustrated and upset with the losing. They also know the pressure is on. They may not read every blog post or listen to every radio caller but they all know what is being said and written.

I just can't see Casey getting fired. Not by Colangelo anyway. Now, if they wind up something like 4-21, all bets are off.

Comment

Colangelo will be gone way before Casey. But yes I agree certain players don't respond to him, Lowry's body language was pathetic tonight for a guy a month into his new team that everybody is heralding as a leader. Not a good sign there either.
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

we need jj back. maybe he had more of an impact on our d then we thought

Comment

Nope...this team lacks the skill that is needed to help Casey out in my opinion.

This team needs players who know how to play DEFENSE, it has been an epidemic with the raptors for years, they will get nowhere without some defensive-minded players.

We have been through a few coaches during BC's tenure and it is usually the same problem regardless of team. Weak 4th quarters, and horrid defense on pick & rolls. BC has lost the support of his fans and his team in my opinion, I cannot evaluate Casey until he leaves because I feel Casey is forced to give certain players playing time.

Comment

JasonS wrote: View Post
                  Nope...this team lacks the skill that is needed to help Casey out in my opinion.

This team needs players who know how to play DEFENSE, it has been an epidemic with the raptors for years, they will get nowhere without some defensive-minded players.

We have been through a few coaches during BC's tenure and it is usually the same problem regardless of team. Weak 4th quarters, and horrid defense on pick & rolls. BC has lost the support of his fans and his team in my opinion, I cannot evaluate Casey until he leaves because I feel Casey is forced to give certain players playing time.
                  Totally agree. This team has for years been in desperate need of legit talent. There's an old tag line from 07 "good teams have a superstar, great teams have 12 role players" which couldn't be farther from the truth. Great teams have great players. Mediocre teams have mediocre players. That's what Toronto has: a bunch of decent players and no difference makers.

There isn't a single player I'd hold onto if the right deal came along.
                  LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

Except for two or three games they've lost games they were supposed to lose. Ideally nobody should pay(yet) for this but as we've seen in the past somebody does. If the losing streak continues, Casey may be the one to be fired although somebody else getting fired wouldn't surprise me either.

If there's friction between players and Coach, it's bound to happen when a team loses.
                    Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

minks77 wrote: View Post
                      Totally agree. This team has for years been in desperate need of legit talent. There's an old tag line from 07 "good teams have a superstar, great teams have 12 role players" which couldn't be farther from the truth. Great teams have great players. Mediocre teams have mediocre players. That's what Toronto has: a bunch of decent players and no difference makers.

There isn't a single player I'd hold onto if the right deal came along.
                      I would hold onto JV. I'm not saying he will, but imo he has the ability to become a franchise calibre player somewhere between Bosh and Carter. He won't be as prolific a scorere as either guy, but he looks like he can develop into a really solid defender along the lines of Tim Duncan. I'm certain he will be the best defensive big in Raptor history barring injury or a meth addiction.

Comment

Working...
                      X