Post Thanks / Like

Default New lineup asap

STARTERS:

LOWRY
    DEMAR
    ROSS
    DAVIS
    JV

Im tired of Casey's thought process of starting shit veterans like McGuire. Like it or not, were no making playoffs. Lets get down to it, and start these kids.

#FreeRoss
    #FreeDavis
    #TradeBargnani
    #FireBC

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Reverend !!!

Raptors Republic Starter KeonClark's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote wtfraps wrote: View Post
    STARTERS:

LOWRY
    DEMAR
    ROSS
    DAVIS
    JV

Im tired of Casey's thought process of starting shit veterans like McGuire. Like it or not, were no making playoffs. Lets get down to it, and start these kids.

#FreeRoss
    #FreeDavis
    #TradeBargnani
    #FireBC
    And even if we were in the playoff hunt, I think Ross at 2 and DeMar at 3 gives us the best chance to win. Even when Landry gets back, tighten up the bench to just Calderon-Landry-Davis-Amir. Now we have a team.

Post Thanks / Like

This thread seems to be a good place for new RR members to start posting. Other threads are too scary.

Post Thanks / Like

Ross should definitely be starting. At this point, why not?

Raptors Republic All-Star Red and White's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

So everyone wants Bargnani gone (which I do as well), but no one wants him to start or play significant minutes?

How can we expect to get anything decent for him if he does not play? Let him start and play until the trade deadline (when I believe a trade should happen), and then we can commit to ED.

While I think Ross is earning minutes for sure (that one dunk where his foot was near the free throw line was fucking insane), I dont know if we can work him in to start yet. With Demar playing so well at the 2 (specifically posting up the usually smaller 2s), do we really want to move him to the 3? I dont think Ross can play the three. What is the plan here? Sacrificing a facet Demar's game to have a better scoring starting five is worth it?

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

What's wrong with Ross coming off the bench? I think it's the best situation for him in his rookie year. Less pressure, gets to play with Jose, etc.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Michel G wrote: View Post
    What's wrong with Ross coming off the bench? I think it's the best situation for him in his rookie year. Less pressure, gets to play with Jose, etc.
    I agree, no need to start him as long as he can get consistent minutes every game.

What we really need is a starting 3 that can do something, anything. If Landry comes back able to hit a jumper and make a lay-up we will be fine....even with Andrea being Andrea.

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I still have no idea why a career journeyman 12th man in McGuire has any business whatsoever in our starting lineup. It's beyond asinine.

The only thing more questionable is deciding to run an ISO post-up for McGuire in the 1st quarter. But that could never happen.....
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    I still have no idea why a career journeyman 12th man in McGuire has any business whatsoever in our starting lineup. It's beyond asinine.

The only thing more questionable is deciding to run an ISO post-up for McGuire in the 1st quarter. But that could never happen.....

Or if it is not there....give him a re post....now that would never happen.

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote WJF wrote: View Post
    [/B]

Or if it is not there....give him a re post....now that would never happen.
    Hahaha, wow. I can't believe I forgot about the re-post. Incredible!
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Post Thanks / Like

Quote wtfraps wrote: View Post
    STARTERS:

LOWRY
    DEMAR
    ROSS
    DAVIS
    JV

#FreeRoss
    #FreeDavis
    #TradeBargnani
    #FireBC

There is no GD way that I would consider starting Ross or ED yet. No way at all. Bargs, Demar and KL are our horses right now whether you like it or not. They have to be given the chance to start the game and get into the flow of the game. IF they are having a rough outing, then sure pull them mid first quarter and see if one of the other guys can get it going. But in no way should our bench players supplant our starters.

Raptors Republic All-Star DoNDaDDa's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

accountability needs to be spread through out the roster..even with the vets.. if there not performing yank them. simple!!! its not just the rookies that need to be earning there minutes!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Hahaha, wow. I can't believe I forgot about the re-post. Incredible!
    They ran as many post plays for McGuire as they did for JV.

As for the lineup, I think you're mostly just shuffling pieces no matter what but I agree with just throwing Ross out there. As ceez said, why not? It's not like the current starting SF is offering anything. Not sure how it could be worse than it already is.
    Last edited by slaw; Wed Nov 28th, 2012 at 10:46 AM.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

After sleeping on it I think I found the problem. Casey has too much trust in the depth of this team. He believes he has the luxury of randomly throwing out players 1-10 based on the nights matchup. The fact is players 1-10 are not that talented, and mixing and matching them doesn't allow the best players to develop chemistry with each other. Leading to the debacle yesterday. On top of that he plays rookies limited minutes, even though ross and valanciunas are two of the more talented players.

Casey is being smart, but just seems to have outsmarted himself in assuming we have depth.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

adding to that how many games has houston played the same consistent lineup? How many times have the raptors played some of the lineups we saw yesterday, not that many......I think that is why we lost

Raptors Republic Starter mountio's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote akashsingh wrote: View Post
    After sleeping on it I think I found the problem. Casey has too much trust in the depth of this team. He believes he has the luxury of randomly throwing out players 1-10 based on the nights matchup. The fact is players 1-10 are not that talented, and mixing and matching them doesn't allow the best players to develop chemistry with each other. Leading to the debacle yesterday. On top of that he plays rookies limited minutes, even though ross and valanciunas are two of the more talented players.

Casey is being smart, but just seems to have outsmarted himself in assuming we have depth.
    Thats being very generous. I would say its more likely that Casey cant think through actual rotations and as a result, defaults to a "starting" PG and a 'back up" PG. They must come in for each other and play the same general rotations. Amir ALWAYS in for JV, ED always in for AB (when the 4 should be interchangeable depending on matchups). The reason Ross and Ed havent got much time is because Casey stereotypes them behind DD and AB (who have got the most minutes). Its totally assaine when (as has been mentioned) you have D Mac starting (and playing decent overall minutes!).
    Rotations on this team should be simple
    KL, TR, DD, AB, JV. Quick hook for AB (if hes cold) to put Ed in. Jose comes in for one of KL/TR/DD. AJ comes in to spell a big. LK (and LF when hes back) spells the 3 spot if teams are going big.
    Thats it. 8 - 9 guys consistently, with teh best 5 playing the bulk of the minutes ..

Raptors Republic Starter knickz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

bargs coming off the bench isn't a bad idea, we need a guy who can get buckets coming off there
    "the raptors were my fav team growing up"-kevin durant

Raptors Republic All-Star ebrian's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote akashsingh wrote: View Post

What happened to that awesome thread we had early where people were arguing we have one of the deepest benches in the league? LOL.
    your pal,
    ebrian

Post Thanks / Like

If we aren't going to make the playoffs I say lets run with

Lowry/Ross/DeRozan/Davis/Valanciunas

let's throw them in the fire so we can finally make a push next year

Thread Information