No announcement yet.

New lineup asap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

adding to that how many games has houston played the same consistent lineup? How many times have the raptors played some of the lineups we saw yesterday, not that many......I think that is why we lost

Comment

akashsingh wrote: View Post
      After sleeping on it I think I found the problem. Casey has too much trust in the depth of this team. He believes he has the luxury of randomly throwing out players 1-10 based on the nights matchup. The fact is players 1-10 are not that talented, and mixing and matching them doesn't allow the best players to develop chemistry with each other. Leading to the debacle yesterday. On top of that he plays rookies limited minutes, even though ross and valanciunas are two of the more talented players.

Casey is being smart, but just seems to have outsmarted himself in assuming we have depth.
      Thats being very generous. I would say its more likely that Casey cant think through actual rotations and as a result, defaults to a "starting" PG and a 'back up" PG. They must come in for each other and play the same general rotations. Amir ALWAYS in for JV, ED always in for AB (when the 4 should be interchangeable depending on matchups). The reason Ross and Ed havent got much time is because Casey stereotypes them behind DD and AB (who have got the most minutes). Its totally assaine when (as has been mentioned) you have D Mac starting (and playing decent overall minutes!).
      Rotations on this team should be simple
      KL, TR, DD, AB, JV. Quick hook for AB (if hes cold) to put Ed in. Jose comes in for one of KL/TR/DD. AJ comes in to spell a big. LK (and LF when hes back) spells the 3 spot if teams are going big.
      Thats it. 8 - 9 guys consistently, with teh best 5 playing the bulk of the minutes ..

Comment

bargs coming off the bench isn't a bad idea, we need a guy who can get buckets coming off there
        "the raptors were my fav team growing up"-kevin durant

Comment

akashsingh wrote: View Post
          After sleeping on it I think I found the problem. Casey has too much trust in the depth of this team. He believes he has the luxury of randomly throwing out players 1-10 based on the nights matchup. The fact is players 1-10 are not that talented, and mixing and matching them doesn't allow the best players to develop chemistry with each other. Leading to the debacle yesterday. On top of that he plays rookies limited minutes, even though ross and valanciunas are two of the more talented players.

Casey is being smart, but just seems to have outsmarted himself in assuming we have depth.
          What happened to that awesome thread we had early where people were arguing we have one of the deepest benches in the league? LOL.
          your pal,
          ebrian

Comment

If we aren't going to make the playoffs I say lets run with

Lowry/Ross/DeRozan/Davis/Valanciunas

let's throw them in the fire so we can finally make a push next year
            For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Lineups (without Fields and Anderson)
              Starting Lineup: Lowry, Ross, Derozan, Davis, Valanciunas.
              Bench: Calderon, McGuire, Kleiza, Bargnani, Amir, Gray, Lucas.

Lineups (with Fields and Anderson)
              Starting Lineup: Lowry, Ross, Derozan, Davis, Valanciunas.
              Bench: Calderon, Fields, Kleiza, Bargnani, Amir, Anderson, McGuire.

I would love to see a nice, balanced out lineup like this. Ed in extended minutes has more so played well than not. Not to mention Ross is a very good defending wing player, he is not a liability, not to mention he can spread the defenses. More of a typical lineup, other than Derozan playing the 3, but more than capable.

This lineup is very capable of making the playoffs, I mean, we're not even a quarter into the season. Barely if anything. Davis has proven so far this season, when he plays well, he's an impact player. Typical lineup where you have a spread out perimeter, and inside presence.

EDIT: This is probably the best way to implement "the depth" Casey and BC continue to talk about.

#TRADEBARGNANI.
              Last edited by ReubenJRD; Wed Nov 28, 2012, 04:02 PM.
              Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Everybody talking about "starting Ed" is COMPLETELY wasting there time. Ross may get a chance to start, but the 3, MAAAYBE the 5 are the only positions Casey could reverse his starters on this year. Lowry, DeRozan and Bargnani WILL start EVERY game they play as Raps, whether you like it or not.
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post
                  What happened to that awesome thread we had early where people were arguing we have one of the deepest benches in the league? LOL.
                  As I've written before, only about 7 or 8 guys matter on a NBA team. Everyone else is completely interchangable with dozens of other players. There are hordes of Kleizas, McGuires, Alan Andersons, Johns Lucas', etc. out there every year in D-League or overseas waiting for their shot who would be no better worse than half the Raptors team.

Comment

Working...
                  X