Is Lowry playing injured ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Lowry playing injured ?

Has anyone noticed that opposition point guards are having their way with Lowry ?
    Parker and even Lin last night. Calderon has always been poor on defense but I thought that the acquisition of Lowry would improve our defense at the point guard position.

Is his foot injury limiting his mobility ?

Reality is setting in, he is realizing he is a Bryan Colengelo acquisition.

Comment

Parker matchup doesn't bother me as Tony really can't be contained by any guard. Lowrys foot may be bugging him but I'm more concerned about him gambling on defense as he's getting burned because of it. Play straight up and stock playing D like Iverson.

Comment

personally, I think man-to-man defense is vastly overrated in the nba. i see pg's get blown by all the time, jose blows by other pg's when he actually wants to
        "the raptors were my fav team growing up"-kevin durant

Comment

knickz wrote: View Post
          personally, I think man-to-man defense is vastly overrated in the nba. i see pg's get blown by all the time, jose blows by other pg's when he actually wants to
          +1, handsdown the toughest position to guard in the NBA.

Comment

knickz wrote: View Post
            I have never ever seen Jose "blow by" anyone without the use of a screen.

Comment

Actually, I read somewhere on Twitter, where Lowry admitted he's not 100%, but playing through it. No source.

Anyways, even though Lowry looks a little poor on defense, he's definitely an upgrade on Jose, if anyone has been watching him as closely as I've been.

To the point about guarding Tony Parker, he's probably the hardest guard to contain in the league. Russel Westbrook is too erratic, Nash, Paul, Rondo and D. Will are guys who don't have the athleticism or overall mindset to score. Derrick Rose is probably the second closest to hardest guard to contain. D. Rose still has trouble taking care of the ball, with the injury as well, he won't be MVP Rose.
              Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

bump.

Comment

At 50% Lowry is head and shoulders above Dribbles and his revolving door defense Period.

Comment

Ya he doesnt have lift on his shots or layups right now hes lost his explosiveness. Not to mention frustration also factors into this 3-13 record will do that to a guy. Every time he sits theres someone looking at his foot and he grimaces still lingering issues I'd say.

Comment

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
                      Ya he doesnt have lift on his shots or layups right now hes lost his explosiveness. Not to mention frustration also factors into this 3-13 record will do that to a guy. Every time he sits theres someone looking at his foot and he grimaces still lingering issues I'd say.
                      I swear if he is done for the season, I will not watch another game this year.

Comment

They should let him rest. Play up Calderons trade value for the trade deadline, and bring him back in when we start winning some games.
                        The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
                          ...and bring him back in when we start winning some games.
                          Ah. There's the rub. Hard to imagine when that might be.

Comment

BasketballCrush wrote: View Post
                            Reality is setting in, he is realizing he is a Bryan Colengelo acquisition.
                            now this made me laugh

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
                              They should let him rest. Play up Calderons trade value for the trade deadline, and bring him back in when we start winning some games.
                              I agree. He was getting used up like crazy in fantasy leagues when Lowry was out. If fans are noticing, actual teams will soon follow
                              Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Working...
                              X