#firedougsmith #firegrange

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #firedougsmith #firegrange

I've had it up to here with how doug smith cannot objectively evaluate the raptors. Over the years he has never been critical of any of the raptors decisions(no small forward signing this summer, bosh debacle, you name it), but the lack of success proves that he is wrong.

grange keeps on repeating the same rhetoric "bargnani is not paid like a premier player, and would thrive as a 3rd option" but how can someone who could arguably be the worst defender in the nba even be the 5th option on a contender?

Am I wrong to think that my enjoyment of the game as a fan has been diminished b/c of doug smith and micheal grange's inability to evaluate this team in an unbiased way?

Anyways if you feel helpless and frustrated but think that a change in the media culture would help the raptors, TWEET AWAY!!!

Sorry.. what?
    These people have nothing to do with anything. If you don't want to read their articles, simply never click on them...

Jeez, we are slowly becoming the knicks forum...
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Grange was better when he wrote for the Globe & Mail. He openly advocated tanking instead of winning meaningless games to close out a season.

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
        Sorry.. what?
        These people have nothing to do with anything. If you don't want to read their articles, simply never click on them...

Jeez, we are slowly becoming the knicks forum...
        I want them to tell the average fan the truth. I don't think that is asking too much.

Comment

akashsingh wrote: View Post
          I want them to tell the average fan the truth. I don't think that is asking too much.
          You mean tell the fans that this team is 3-13

Comment

What is the truth? Devoted Raptors fans can't agree here on RR, so what "truth" would you have the reporters preaching about to casual fans? It sounds like you want the reporters to start ragging on MLSE, BC, DC, players, whoever... which will wind up coming across as emotional sensationalism, which isn't reporting at all. I do 100% agree that reporters should stop drinking the koolaid and at least be fair, offering varying opinions - something that I think Tim Chisholm does quite well.

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
              What is the truth? Devoted Raptors fans can't agree here on RR, so what "truth" would you have the reporters preaching about to casual fans? It sounds like you want the reporters to start ragging on MLSE, BC, DC, players, whoever... which will wind up coming across as emotional sensationalism, which isn't reporting at all. I do 100% agree that reporters should stop drinking the koolaid and at least be fair, offering varying opinions - something that I think Tim Chisholm does quite well.
              That is exactly what I want, I think cox said it best heads would roll if the leafs started 3-13, so why not the raptors? we're supposedly a big market team, with excellent turn out during games,why the expletives* are they treating this team like it's based out of brantford. ***, i guess u could call this a rant

Comment

I've had it up to here with how doug smith cannot objectively evaluate the raptors. Over the years he has never been critical of any of the raptors decisions(no small forward signing this summer, bosh debacle, you name it), but the lack of success proves that he is wrong.

grange keeps on repeating the same rhetoric "bargnani is not paid like a premier player, and would thrive as a 3rd option" but how can someone who could arguably be the worst defender in the nba even be the 5th option on a contender?

Am I wrong to think that my enjoyment of the game as a fan has been diminished b/c of doug smith and micheal grange's inability to evaluate this team in an unbiased way?

Anyways if you feel helpless and frustrated but think that a change in the media culture would help the raptors, TWEET AWAY!!!

What the hell dude. Fire them???? How about you stop reading them if you don't feel like your "needs" as a "sports fan" are being met. These guys have families to support with their jobs, you are complaining about how they talk about your past-time....GROW UP! Have some respect. Plus, keep in mind that Doug Smith is one of the most respected basketball writers in the world, being at the head of the writers guild for many years. You may not value his opinion, but you can't deny his talent.
                Welp, that sucked.

Comment

That is exactly what I want, I think cox said it best heads would roll if the leafs started 3-13, so why not the raptors? we're supposedly a big market team, with excellent turn out during games,why the expletives* are they treating this team like it's based out of brantford. ***, i guess u could call this a rant
                  I guess I just don't really understand why so many fans on here are feeling the need for such emotional rants and such pessimism.

- most experts picked Toronto to miss the playoffs; I figured they'd be in the fight for #8, likely to finish in the 8-10 range

- most experts agreed that Toronto had the toughest first couple months of the season

- started the season with 3 new starters, 1 of which was a rookie

- 2/3 of the starters have been injured and out of the lineup for multiple games

- reffing has been terrible, to the point that the NBA publically admitted that bad reffing essentially cost us 1 game

- of the 13 losses, 2 have been in overtime, 2 have been by 1 point, 1 has been by 2 points --> making just 1 additional basket or getting 1 additional call to go our way or actually making 1 additional free throw (which have been dreadful most nights), this team could very easily be 8-8, which would have them currently sitting in 8th place in the East (without even playing any better than they've played, which is far below what I feel they're capable of)

- the schedule will balance itself out, with the Raptors having a much easier schedule in December/January, in terms of opponents, home games and off days between games

I just look at the reality of the situation and the honest expectations I had for this team (I hate most US NBA reporters, but they provide the grain of salt when listening to MLSE, BC/DC and/or Canadian NBA reporters). When I do that, I don't really feel any need to get emotional about their record, despite the fact that I had hoped for better. I always hope my team wins the championship, but I also understand the difference between what I hope for VS what I honestly expect.
                  Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Thu Nov 29, 2012, 04:58 PM.

Comment

I was hopeful but there are three things that have ticked me off this season more than anything:

1) Bryan giving that contract extension to DeMar. Why so fricken early? $9.5M a year for what??

2) The team's defense. What the F happened to it? Are we playing Triano ball again?

3) Andrea playing more like the way he did post injury then pre injury last year. Was always skeptical but was hopeful that he turned a corner.

The schedule is nasty, but it doesn't excuse any of the above.

Comment

c_bcm wrote: View Post
                      What the hell dude. Fire them???? How about you stop reading them if you don't feel like your "needs" as a "sports fan" are being met. These guys have families to support with their jobs, you are complaining about how they talk about your past-time....GROW UP! Have some respect. Plus, keep in mind that Doug Smith is one of the most respected basketball writers in the world, being at the head of the writers guild for many years. You may not value his opinion, but you can't deny his talent.
                      my past time is important to me, I don't even know Doug, not my problem. Anyways, my goal here is to put pressure on the writers to be more critical of the franchise, It doesn't necessarily mean they have to be fired, just feel threatened enough. It's okay if you don't agree, I agree it's a little callous but so what.

Comment

Yeah I don't bout Doug but I think Grange really believes what he writes. All he's really saying is Bargs could thrive in the right system.

But yeah, just don't read the articles dude. There must be dozens of blogs/writers out there that love to bash the Raps brass.
                        Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

my past time is important to me, I don't even know Doug, not my problem. Anyways, my goal here is to put pressure on the writers to be more critical of the franchise, It doesn't necessarily mean they have to be fired, just feel threatened enough. It's okay if you don't agree, I agree it's a little callous but so what.
                          I understand that you think your opinion of the team is the right one or why would it be your opinion. Feel free to disagree with anyone elses opinion anytime, but also understand that just because it differs from yours doesn't make it wrong. Should you be fired from your job because of your Raptors opinions?

Comment

I am also hoping that one day soon a meteor destroys all forms of social media. I feel disappointed that we all believe that every thing we do and thought we have should be published for others just as uninteresting as we are to not read.

Comment

[QUOTE=CT2010;166820]I understand that you think your opinion of the team is the right one or why would it be your opinion. Feel free to disagree with anyone elses opinion anytime, but also understand that just because it differs from yours doesn't make it wrong. Should you be fired from your job because of your Raptors opinions?[/QUOTE]

#their job IS having an opinion for the raptors. my job is student/derivatives analyst.

Comment

Working...
                              X