Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What the heck. lol

Comment

#their job IS having an opinion for the raptors. my job is student/derivatives analyst.
      Their job is to write their opinions on local sports teams... If you don't agree with it, you have every right to blatantly ignore them.
      The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

boy did I go to the deep end or what. please feel free to delete this thread.

Comment

akashsingh wrote: View Post
          boy did I go to the deep end or what. please feel free to delete this thread.
          haha, deep end doesn't begin to describe it. You even sent this in to Doug Smith:

"#firedougsmith

You are partly at fault, for not being critical enough of the franchise. And as such I'd like someone else to take over as reporter covering the raptors. Im trying to get that trending on twitter, and I have sent a complaint letter to the toronto star. Either start being less biased or suffer the consequences"

LMAO, akash, dude, you can't be serious! Get away from this game, or get some help, man.

Comment

a little too much of that good

Comment

haha, deep end doesn't begin to describe it. You even sent this in to Doug Smith:

"#firedougsmith

You are partly at fault, for not being critical enough of the franchise. And as such I'd like someone else to take over as reporter covering the raptors. Im trying to get that trending on twitter, and I have sent a complaint letter to the toronto star. Either start being less biased or suffer the consequences"

LMAO, akash, dude, you can't be serious! Get away from this game, or get some help, man.
              LOL...oh man. What a thread. Defeats every random rant I've ever had here.

This isn't NY, tabloid journalism doesn't really work. That's why the few critics have a more tempered approach. I'm frustrated too but I'm not calling for journalists who have done a relatively good job in the past to be fired because I disagree with them now.

Wow.

Comment

Doug Smith Blog is not worth reading if you actually want realistic information about the Raptors.......all he talks about is what bar to go to on the road or what old country music he is listening to that day...don't waste your time .....Grange isn't so bad at least he wrote the fire BC piece.

Comment

Jkwasia wrote: View Post
                  Doug Smith Blog is not worth reading if you actually want realistic information about the Raptors.......all he talks about is what bar to go to on the road or what old country music he is listening to that day...don't waste your time .....Grange isn't so bad at least he wrote the fire BC piece.
                  I used to read Doug Smith because he had some insider information on things but I can't listen to the soft sell in his voice. One of the things that he once admitted is that he wasn't a Raptors fan. That he really couldn't write well about a team if he was a fan of theirs. So he doesn't passionately care about this team the way us lunatics do...

And by the by, I've never heard of Doug talk about Country music. Jazz, blues, soul, funk and other stuff...the guy has pretty good taste in music...the country music reference sounds a little racist. Just saying...

Comment

Isn't is awesome when media companies buy sports teams... who needs objectivity. Win, win for the public.

Now, instead of improving the team, all they need to do change the way they report on it. Every year, we are going for the playoffs, even though half our roster is made up of marginal rookies.

Comment

akashsingh wrote: View Post
                      I've had it up to here with how doug smith cannot objectively evaluate the raptors. Over the years he has never been critical of any of the raptors decisions(no small forward signing this summer, bosh debacle, you name it), but the lack of success proves that he is wrong.

grange keeps on repeating the same rhetoric "bargnani is not paid like a premier player, and would thrive as a 3rd option" but how can someone who could arguably be the worst defender in the nba even be the 5th option on a contender?

Am I wrong to think that my enjoyment of the game as a fan has been diminished b/c of doug smith and micheal grange's inability to evaluate this team in an unbiased way?

Anyways if you feel helpless and frustrated but think that a change in the media culture would help the raptors, TWEET AWAY!!!
                      So you want to fire a reporter unless his writings reflects your opinion of what ills a corporation which does not employ him?

I see an anger management seminar in your future...

Comment

Baskeball reporters in Toronto have had quite the conflict with reality for a while.

At this point they should be called the Raptors's PR team, as opposed to reporters. Toronto fans have been turning in droves to forums and websites outside the main stream media, due to incompetency of the teams beat writers.

Not a surprise that Newspapers are dead, and only grandma gets the weekly subscription, while internet sports blogs are booming. These old geezers will soon die off and we will enter a media renaissance in this region.
                        Last edited by BasketballCrush; Fri Nov 30, 2012, 02:57 PM.

Comment

I just want to say again it was stupid to get so up in arms over something as inconsequential as basketball. It bothers me that the leafs get so much more attention than the raps, but what can you do? Im just gonna watch for my own entertainment, obsessing about how this franchise is doomed for failure is not fun.

Comment

I'll take that grizzlies loss anyday over watching bargnani.

Comment

Bargnani needs to be sent packing....

This should come as a pleasant surprise to the OP:

http://www.thestar.com/sports/basket...-packing-kelly

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                                This should come as a pleasant surprise to the OP:

http://www.thestar.com/sports/basket...-packing-kelly
                                great find!

Comment

Working...
                                X