Bright Side

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bright Side

It was hard but, I've found a couple bright sides to this season so far. We've played 10 road games 5 home. 13 of the 15 games have been against playoff teams from last year. 8 of which have been against teams that at least made it to the second round.

At the end of the day if we don't pick up at least a couple more wins before the schedule switches to are favor. Will be out of the running for that 8th seed.
    @Chr1st1anL

Dark Side

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    It was hard but, I've found a couple bright sides to this season so far. We've played 10 road games 5 home. 13 of the 15 games have been against playoff teams from last year. 8 of which have been against teams that at least made it to the second round.

At the end of the day if we don't pick up at least a couple more wins before the schedule switches to are favor. Will be out of the running for that 8th seed.
    Raps are out of running.

To compete for that 8th seed (40-42 wins) raps will need to go 37-29 or 39-27.

I just don't see it.

Comment

I was going through the schedule earlier today, trying to see the bright side. The absolute most I can see them doing is:
      November: 1-0
      December: 7-7
      January: 9-6
      February: 5-7
      March: 9-6
      April: 5-4

That would put them at 39-43, which just might make it, depending on other teams.

In mid-December, the opposition gets a bit easier, but the schedule still doesn't do us a lot of favours; we've still got a few back-to-backs on the road. There's a stretch between mid december and mid January where the Raptors basically need to win 10-of-12 games to get back in the race. If the Raptors even go .500 over that stretch, the season's done, and I think that'll be the stretch that costs BC his job.

But all of that assumes that they play at a higher level than they have thus far, and actually learn to close out games. Honestly, I don't think you could objectively look at the games they've played thus far and expect a huge turn-around, but if you're looking for an optimistic perspective, this is where it's going to happen. Personally, I won't be throwing in the towel until first week of January, at the earliest.

Comment

octothorp wrote: View Post
        I was going through the schedule earlier today, trying to see the bright side. The absolute most I can see them doing is:

That would put them at 39-43, which just might make it, depending on other teams.

In mid-December, the opposition gets a bit easier, but the schedule still doesn't do us a lot of favours; we've still got a few back-to-backs on the road. There's a stretch between mid december and mid January where the Raptors basically need to win 10-of-12 games to get back in the race. If the Raptors even go .500 over that stretch, the season's done, and I think that'll be the stretch that costs BC his job.

But all of that assumes that they play at a higher level than they have thus far, and actually learn to close out games. Honestly, I don't think you could objectively look at the games they've played thus far and expect a huge turn-around, but if you're looking for an optimistic perspective, this is where it's going to happen. Personally, I won't be throwing in the towel until first week of January, at the earliest.
        This hits the nail on the head. I was expecting around 35 to 40 wins this season. In order to do that now, they need to play .500 at least from here on out. We'll see.

Comment

Maybe this next Phoenix game will be the start of the turn around... Hopefully

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
            Raps are out of running.

I just don't see it.
            what if lowry play's like an all-star again? and we throw out a line up catered to him, I think it's possible.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
              Raps are out of running.

I just don't see it.
              Amazing how people were saying, "not to worry, still early." Numbers don't lie. And here's the kicker, we now have Brooklyn to worry about.
              “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

octothorp wrote: View Post

9-6 in January? Last I checked they're playing 11 teams that are currently positioned to be in the playoffs. In April they play Chicago twice with Derrick Rose most likely back along with Boston, Milwaukee, Brooklyn, and Atlanta. These teams will be fighting for home court advantage in the playoffs.
                Last edited by BD12; Thu Nov 29, 2012, 10:36 PM.

Comment

BD12 wrote: View Post
                  9-6 in January? Last I checked they're playing 11 teams that are currently positioned to be in the playoffs. In April they play Chicago twice with Derrick Rose most likely back along with Boston, Milwaukee, Brooklyn, and Atlanta. These teams will be fighting for home court advantage in the playoffs.
                  I think the following are all quite winnable:
                  Portland
                  Sacramento
                  Philadelphia (2nd of b2b for them)
                  Charlotte
                  Milwaukee
                  @Orlando (2nd of b2b for us)
                  Cleveland (2nd of b2b for them)
                  Golden State (3rd game of a roadtrip and 4 games in 5 nights)

That's 8, and I pegged @Atlanta as the 9th, as I think they're worse then their current record, and have benefitted from an easy schedule thus far.

Comment

Anything is possible. I know this sound really optimistic but, stranger things have happened. Only Detroit has played the same amount of games as us so far this season.
                    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                    X