Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nilanka wrote: View Post
    lol, so true.

It's not like SF is an important position in today's NBA....
    And it's too bad, since the Raptors have a rich tradition of high caliber SFs, such as.... ummm.... half season of Marion?? Turkoglu??

If only we could pinpoint this team's weakest link, positionally... lets all put our heads together...

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
      And it's too bad, since the Raptors have a rich tradition of high caliber SFs, such as.... ummm.... half season of Marion?? Turkoglu??

If only we could pinpoint this team's weakest link, positionally... lets all put our heads together...
      Sigh.....we were just 1-2 losses away from Harrison Barnes [shaking fist at basketball gods].

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
        Am i the only one who rather see DeMar at the 3 and Ross playing SG till Fields return?
        Most likely.

It would be a bit excruciating to watch Demar and TRoss guard Wade/James, JR smith/melo, JJ/Crash, Kobe/MWP, JSmoove/LWill, etc etc.

Comment

Jkwasia wrote: View Post
          You know your team is bad when a Mickael Pietrus singing is an upgrade over any SF on the roster
          And whats worse is he's probably going to start in his first game!

Comment

Sigh.....we were just 1-2 losses away from Harrison Barnes [shaking fist at basketball gods].
            Oh, would you have been pissed if we would have signed Ross anyway with Barnes being available. Can never check it, but I would not rule out that it would have happened.

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
              Agreed. This is a decent veteran signing to upgrade McGuire and offset the injury loss of Fields/Anderson. This isn't BC going out and addressing the team's long-standing need for an impact wing for the future.
              Wouldnt it have been better if they waived AA instead of DM? At least DM plays solid defense.

Comment

Soft Euro wrote: View Post
                Oh, would you have been pissed if we would have signed Ross anyway with Barnes being available. Can never check it, but I would not rule out that it would have happened.
                Pissed, no. Disappointed, yes. Then again, this franchise's entire existence has been disappointing (save for one or two years), so nothing new there...

Comment

Pissed, no. Disappointed, yes. Then again, this franchise's entire existence has been disappointing (save for one or two years), so nothing new there...
                  I somehow find it cathartic to have become a Raptor fan. It's a drama which resembles life much more than being a Lakers fan.

Comment

C'mon people. BC has no doubt been in trade talks with other teams. But at 3-13, they are offering him shit hoping he's desparate. If there was a deal agreeable with another team that would make Raps better, he'd make it. But it's not there right now. Pietrus is better than anything else we have at the 3, so why not make that move. But some of you are sounding like that's his answer to starting 3-13, and it isn't.

Comment

• Soft Euro wrote: View Post
                      Its not like Barnes is playing spectacular anyways. He's been given heavy minutes but not producing as expected. Even when he produces, he's currently 2 dimensional, just minimal pts and rebs.

Barnes was probably the expected pick at that time, but if i knew what i know now about Ross, id probably still pick Ross.

Comment

• TheGloveinRapsUniform wrote: View Post
                        Its not like Barnes is playing spectacular anyways. He's been given heavy minutes but not producing as expected. Even when he produces, he's currently 2 dimensional, just minimal pts and rebs.

Barnes was probably the expected pick at that time, but if i knew what i know now about Ross, id probably still pick Ross.
                        I don't see Ross as a SF. With DeRozan in town, Barnes would've been a better fit IMO.

Barnes may not possess the raw athleticism that Ross has, but you don't need raw athleticism to be a valuable player. Other than that, they're both good shooters, and Barnes already has an NBA-ready build.

Comment

• Chisholm nailed it in his article on him. It's not a bad signing per se but its definitely a move of desperation.
                          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                            Chisholm nailed it in his article on him. It's not a bad signing per se but its definitely a move of desperation.
                            .... and five years late.

Comment

• Scummer wrote: View Post
                              C'mon people. BC has no doubt been in trade talks with other teams. But at 3-13, they are offering him shit hoping he's desparate. If there was a deal agreeable with another team that would make Raps better, he'd make it. But it's not there right now. Pietrus is better than anything else we have at the 3, so why not make that move. But some of you are sounding like that's his answer to starting 3-13, and it isn't.
                              he dug himself this hole, and he's trying to dig himself out of it by digging ... sideways

Comment

• Barnes is logging heavy minutes last night he was one of seven and he never drives despite having a great body. only scoring 8-10 points a game no ast no rebounding he is just jacking up shots and he cant dribble, Ross plays rather limited and has scored more efficently than Barnes even with his rookie mistakes and his defense is much much better. Just let Ross grow a bit he will be a great player for us sometime.

As for Pietrus welcome aboard Air France knock down some treys for us.

Comment

Working...
                                X