Thread: OFFICIAL: Raptors Sign Pietrus; Waive McGuire

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Last season
    PER: 8.58
    3 point %: 33%
    FG: 38%
    FT: 65%

I support this signing because it'll make BC look like a huge moron since we'll continue losing with Pietrus.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

so according to ESPN, we are close to signing him. Wow! No words!

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
    I
    Waiving DM would seriously be an option, McGuire just doesn't have the skill-set to be a consistent minute logger. Pietrus is for sure an upgrade over Anderson and DM.
    Wow, can't imagine being on a team and being the last player signed and all of the sudden, there are talks of signing a veteran player knowing you might be the one to be let go because you played like crap when given the chance to start this late in your career. Where do you go from there? OUCH!

Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote BD12 wrote: View Post
    Last season
    PER: 8.58
    3 point %: 33%
    FG: 38%
    FT: 65%

I support this signing because it'll make BC look like a huge moron since we'll continue losing with Pietrus.
    Still better than Dom.... at least he will be able to provide something and even stretch the D a little Dom is a 0 option on offense unless he is right under the basket he has the same offensive game as Gray lol. Regardless of what happens with an inevitable trade we have to play the guys we look to trade and boost their value.

I don't think Bargnani will be traded though if he is props to Colangelo for swallowing his melon to do that.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
    Still better than Dom.... at least he will be able to provide something and even stretch the D a little Dom is a 0 option on offense unless he is right under the basket he has the same offensive game as Gray lol. Regardless of what happens with an inevitable trade we have to play the guys we look to trade and boost their value.

I don't think Bargnani will be traded though if he is props to Colangelo for swallowing his melon to do that.
    Marginally better than Dom.

70% of Pietrus's shots last season were three pointers. In the playoffs, he shot 20% from 3PT. The last thing the Raptors need is another inefficient chucker that just stands outside the three point line.

McGuire is shooting 47% from the field. From what I've seen, he's nailed most of his open jumpshots. He shouldn't be creating his own shot. Really confused as to why Lowry/Calderon sometimes pass the ball to him when's he posting up.

Post Thanks / Like

Well its either Pietrues or "Terrence Williams" lol the free agent SF market is pretty small. Really too bad Colangelo couldn't land Ilyasova, Chandler or Wallace this off season.. Pietrus it is.

Well in Boston he played solidly more often than not and deeper in the playoffs like they were, he didnt get more than like 8 minutes to rest the Truth a little bit. The most I expect from him is playing good D and stretching the floor a bit more +knocking down somegood open looks what more can you ask for really?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote slaw wrote: View Post
    The dam is bursting and Colangelo goes for the roll of electrical tape........
    What the heck would you want him to do? Trade for Rudy Gay? Smith? Lebron? You don't think he would like to have those players here too? Your comments suggest that you think he doesn't want to build the best team with the available talent.

Post Thanks / Like

On a somewhat related note. How the F&*% did Fisher not get picked up until now, and were the Raps ever in the conversation? I suppose its possible that Fisher told his agent not to pick up the phone if BC called. If BC didn't at least try to get this guy its a major failing.

Post Thanks / Like

Why would we want Fischer? .... Yes hes a multi champion but hes not a great PG plus hes like 38 I believe, he belongs on a older team like Dallas he would not help the Raps at all. Would be worse than signing Gilbert Arenas lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
    Why would we want Fischer? .... Yes hes a multi champion but hes not a great PG plus hes like 38 I believe, he belongs on a older team like Dallas he would not help the Raps at all.
    Veteran leadership and knocking down 3's. A man with his pedigree would (or should) be welcomed with open arms in TO. I would over pay for that. He may be 38, but he's got 3 good years left in him. This team has really lost its way once Anthony Carter left

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote c_bcm wrote: View Post
    What the heck would you want him to do? Trade for Rudy Gay? Smith? Lebron? You don't think he would like to have those players here too? Your comments suggest that you think he doesn't want to build the best team with the available talent.
    I'm sure Colangelo has the heart to make this team better. He just doesn't have the brain to do so successfully.....
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic All-Star tucas's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

As much as I like Pietrus, replacing shit with garbage isn't going to do much. Although I don't believe there is an allstar out there BC can get, I think there are better moves for the team than this.

Raptors Republic Starter Fuchan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The sky is falling, and BC is raching for an umbrella. We have nothing to lose at this point, all focus should be on TRoss, Demar, JV, and Lowry. Lowry might be out of the picture soon, judging by his body language. He's not a loser, and thats what you need to be in TO

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

So much doom and gloom =/

Signing Pietrus isn't going to do anything for this team. A role player is a role player and we've got a ton of those. He's done quite poorly recently as well. Same goes with Fisher, not sure what's everyone's infatuation with him, he's terrible.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote BD12 wrote: View Post
    Marginally better than Dom.

McGuire is shooting 47% from the field. From what I've seen, he's nailed most of his open jumpshots. He shouldn't be creating his own shot. Really confused as to why Lowry/Calderon sometimes pass the ball to him when's he posting up.
    this is where stats don't tell the whole story. mcguire is absolutely useless on offense.
    @jerboat

Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    this is where stats don't tell the whole story. mcguire is absolutely useless on offense.
    "Stats dont mean a thing"- Charles Barkley

Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Am i the only one who rather see DeMar at the 3 and Ross playing SG till Fields return?
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

Post Thanks / Like

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine

RT @JeffZillgitt: RT @kevin_spain: #Raptors will sign Mickael Pietrus, from @sam_amick & @JeffZillgitt http://ow.ly/fHc4k

Ryan Wolstat ‏@WolstatSun

So, looks like Pietrus passed the physical. As noted yesterday, all signs still pointing to McGuire being waived to make room

Sorry, ceez.
    "You donít know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

Post Thanks / Like

This is a good thing, He doesnt have to do much just take some pressur off Demar and owry provide spacing and hit the occaisonal open bucket welcome aboard Pietrus.

Raptors Republic All-Star wallz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

He's not our saviour, but if there is gonna be a run for the 8th seed, the raps are better off with him rather than Mcguire

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information