Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL: Raptors Sign Pietrus; Waive McGuire

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Finally a nice pick up at veteran's minimum. Should have also signed Barbosa when he was available and other veteran players at such reasonable prices.

Raptors Republic Rookie Profster's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmmm he is just another shooting guard. We need a small fwd that can power to the hoop. He is not my choice to do that!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote j bean wrote: View Post
    Last year in Boston he shot the ball below his unimpressive career average. 21 mpg 6ppg 33 percent from 3pt range
    38% overall, even FT was garbage at 66%.

this is NOT the pietrus from orlando. this is pietrus from celtics. he didn't play no defense and racks up fouls quicker than JV. swapping garbage for garbage is not an upgrade folks!

Raptors Republic Starter Deadallus's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
    Well its either Pietrues or "Terrence Williams" lol the free agent SF market is pretty small. Really too bad Colangelo couldn't land Ilyasova, Chandler or Wallace this off season.. Pietrus it is.

Well in Boston he played solidly more often than not and deeper in the playoffs like they were, he didnt get more than like 8 minutes to rest the Truth a little bit. The most I expect from him is playing good D and stretching the floor a bit more +knocking down somegood open looks what more can you ask for really?
    You've seen Ilyasova's numbers this year right?
    Deadallus

Administrator Dr. James Naismith's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

It's official via @RaptorsPR. Pietrus signed and McGuire waived. Pietrus will wear #20.

He will also save this franchise for extinction.

Raptors Republic All-Star DoNDaDDa's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
    I had a dream last night I saw Amir Johnson smoking weed at a party. Ed Davis was next to him not looking impressed.
    prob cause amir wasnt passing the spliff.. puff, puff, give!!

Raptors Republic Starter Deadallus's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Holy doom and gloom. What were people really expecting from this team. Get a grip people.
    Deadallus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Deadallus wrote: View Post
    Holy doom and gloom. What were people really expecting from this team. Get a grip people.
    Agreed. This is a decent veteran signing to upgrade McGuire and offset the injury loss of Fields/Anderson. This isn't BC going out and addressing the team's long-standing need for an impact wing for the future.

Raptors Republic Rookie Jkwasia's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

You know your team is bad when a Mickael Pietrus singing is an upgrade over any SF on the roster

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Jkwasia wrote: View Post
    You know your team is bad when a Mickael Pietrus singing is an upgrade over any SF on the roster
    lol, so true.

It's not like SF is an important position in today's NBA....
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    lol, so true.

It's not like SF is an important position in today's NBA....
    And it's too bad, since the Raptors have a rich tradition of high caliber SFs, such as.... ummm.... half season of Marion?? Turkoglu??

If only we could pinpoint this team's weakest link, positionally... lets all put our heads together...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    And it's too bad, since the Raptors have a rich tradition of high caliber SFs, such as.... ummm.... half season of Marion?? Turkoglu??

If only we could pinpoint this team's weakest link, positionally... lets all put our heads together...
    Sigh.....we were just 1-2 losses away from Harrison Barnes [shaking fist at basketball gods].
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote TRex wrote: View Post
    Am i the only one who rather see DeMar at the 3 and Ross playing SG till Fields return?
    Most likely.

It would be a bit excruciating to watch Demar and TRoss guard Wade/James, JR smith/melo, JJ/Crash, Kobe/MWP, JSmoove/LWill, etc etc.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Jkwasia wrote: View Post
    And whats worse is he's probably going to start in his first game!

Raptors Republic All-Star Soft Euro's Avatar
    Utrecht, The Netherlands (Yes, that's Europe!)
    Post Thanks / Like

Sigh.....we were just 1-2 losses away from Harrison Barnes [shaking fist at basketball gods].
    Oh, would you have been pissed if we would have signed Ross anyway with Barnes being available. Can never check it, but I would not rule out that it would have happened.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    Agreed. This is a decent veteran signing to upgrade McGuire and offset the injury loss of Fields/Anderson. This isn't BC going out and addressing the team's long-standing need for an impact wing for the future.
    Wouldnt it have been better if they waived AA instead of DM? At least DM plays solid defense.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Soft Euro wrote: View Post
    Oh, would you have been pissed if we would have signed Ross anyway with Barnes being available. Can never check it, but I would not rule out that it would have happened.
    Pissed, no. Disappointed, yes. Then again, this franchise's entire existence has been disappointing (save for one or two years), so nothing new there...

Raptors Republic All-Star Soft Euro's Avatar
    Utrecht, The Netherlands (Yes, that's Europe!)
    Post Thanks / Like

Pissed, no. Disappointed, yes. Then again, this franchise's entire existence has been disappointing (save for one or two years), so nothing new there...
    I somehow find it cathartic to have become a Raptor fan. It's a drama which resembles life much more than being a Lakers fan.

Raptors Republic Rookie Scummer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

C'mon people. BC has no doubt been in trade talks with other teams. But at 3-13, they are offering him shit hoping he's desparate. If there was a deal agreeable with another team that would make Raps better, he'd make it. But it's not there right now. Pietrus is better than anything else we have at the 3, so why not make that move. But some of you are sounding like that's his answer to starting 3-13, and it isn't.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Soft Euro wrote: View Post
    Its not like Barnes is playing spectacular anyways. He's been given heavy minutes but not producing as expected. Even when he produces, he's currently 2 dimensional, just minimal pts and rebs.

Barnes was probably the expected pick at that time, but if i knew what i know now about Ross, id probably still pick Ross.

Thread Information