Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: OFFICIAL: Raptors Sign Pietrus; Waive McGuire

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote TheGloveinRapsUniform wrote: View Post
    Its not like Barnes is playing spectacular anyways. He's been given heavy minutes but not producing as expected. Even when he produces, he's currently 2 dimensional, just minimal pts and rebs.

Barnes was probably the expected pick at that time, but if i knew what i know now about Ross, id probably still pick Ross.
    I don't see Ross as a SF. With DeRozan in town, Barnes would've been a better fit IMO.

Barnes may not possess the raw athleticism that Ross has, but you don't need raw athleticism to be a valuable player. Other than that, they're both good shooters, and Barnes already has an NBA-ready build.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Post Thanks / Like

Chisholm nailed it in his article on him. It's not a bad signing per se but its definitely a move of desperation.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    Chisholm nailed it in his article on him. It's not a bad signing per se but its definitely a move of desperation.
    .... and five years late.
    "You donít know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Scummer wrote: View Post
    C'mon people. BC has no doubt been in trade talks with other teams. But at 3-13, they are offering him shit hoping he's desparate. If there was a deal agreeable with another team that would make Raps better, he'd make it. But it's not there right now. Pietrus is better than anything else we have at the 3, so why not make that move. But some of you are sounding like that's his answer to starting 3-13, and it isn't.
    he dug himself this hole, and he's trying to dig himself out of it by digging ... sideways

Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Barnes is logging heavy minutes last night he was one of seven and he never drives despite having a great body. only scoring 8-10 points a game no ast no rebounding he is just jacking up shots and he cant dribble, Ross plays rather limited and has scored more efficently than Barnes even with his rookie mistakes and his defense is much much better. Just let Ross grow a bit he will be a great player for us sometime.

As for Pietrus welcome aboard Air France knock down some treys for us.

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
    Barnes is logging heavy minutes last night he was one of seven and he never drives despite having a great body. only scoring 8-10 points a game no ast no rebounding he is just jacking up shots and he cant dribble, Ross plays rather limited and has scored more efficently than Barnes even with his rookie mistakes and his defense is much much better. Just let Ross grow a bit he will be a great player for us sometime.

As for Pietrus welcome aboard Air France knock down some treys for us.
    I'm not knocking Ross. Just saying that Barnes would've been a better fit. Both players need room to grow, not just Ross.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic Superstar BasketballCrush's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Awesome, we are developing Pietrus at the SF position. What great wisdom.

Can someone take Bryan for a walk in the woods and put him out of his misery.

Raptors Republic All-Star Jclaw's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Where is the perspective? It's not like they said here is the answer to the SF position. Their starting SF (wise investment or not...likely not) is injured as is his backup. You don't trade a valuable asset (not saying that we have any) to cover a short term injury. Anyone have a better solution than McPietrus? This is about fixing the problem we have now, not solving the problem we've had for a decade.

Raptors Republic Superstar Hotshot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

We brought the Frenchman for one reason only:

Raptors Republic All-Star Employee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Holy 2012 end of the World, the Mayans were right, doom and gloom. Some of you really make me laugh.

Let's just put this in perspective: Dom was forced into a role he should never have been in, with the starting and backup SF's injured. BC acted accordingly and got someone who could at least hit 3's. MP (even if not totally healthy) will be a step up from Dom, albeit a small one. I don't even think BC feels this is going to solve all the Raptors' woes. But it's an improvement at least.

I know BC SHOULD have fired Casey, traded Bargs for Lebron James, and then amnestied himself but I guess we'll have to live with Air France for now.

Whatever happens though, let's make sure that we all make judgement on the game he plays tonight while he's all jet lagged and never had a practice yet.
    Eh follow my TWITTER!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote hotshot wrote: View Post
    we brought the frenchman for one reason only:

lol

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

hes gunna give casey the best 5 minutes of his life tonight lol

Post Thanks / Like

Eric Koreen ‏@ekoreen

DC said Pietrus's arrival will impact Ross's minutes, and might impact the 2-pg lineups. I think will and might should be switched, ideally.
    Sweet baby Jeeeezus.

Are you kidding me?

Ross is the only guy to show up and - congrats rook! - to the bench with you because a guy who is a shell of his former self and won't be on the team in 10 months was just signed.

I am so happy I don't have firearms. I might shoot up my screen.
    "You donít know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

Raptors Republic Superstar ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Sweet baby Jeeeezus.

Are you kidding me?

Ross is the only guy to show up and - congrats rook! - to the bench with you because a guy who is a shell of his former self and won't be on the team in 10 months was just signed.

I am so happy I don't have firearms. I might shoot up my screen.
    One positive, one negative. Affecting the 2-guard lineup, for it's been by far the most ineffective lineup, which I say is a positive to impact.
    The negative is Ross' minutes, but he has been getting some good extended run recently. I'm still expecting 10-15 minutes. Unless, that's all he's been getting.

Raptors Republic Starter minks77's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

three days and a six page thread with nary a projected all euro lineup?

Jose
    MP
    LK
    AB
    JV

...and ESPN loses their friggin minds!
    LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread Information