this is why we suck.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Craiger wrote: View Post
    This is much more about the fans (customers) than the business. That the fans, by voting with their dollars, are stating they are content with the product.
    Look, I understand that. Even if we drop all the economic connotations from that statement, it's flat out untrue. All it takes is 2 minutes at basketball reference to see that this year is an anomaly, that attendance has correlated with record in the past. Hell I'm pretty sure I posted the numbers last time someone made a post about this same topic. You could just as easily attribute this year's attendance figures to pre-season sales based on hope and the lack of hockey.

Second, even if the fans ARE content with the product, you can't just make the statement that it's the reason why we suck and ignore all of the connotations that come with it.

Comment

Lark Benson wrote: View Post
      Look, I understand that. Even if we drop all the economic connotations from that statement, it's flat out untrue. All it takes is 2 minutes at basketball reference to see that this year is an anomaly, that attendance has correlated with record in the past. Hell I'm pretty sure I posted the numbers last time someone made a post about this same topic. You could just as easily attribute this year's attendance figures to pre-season sales based on hope and the lack of hockey.

Second, even if the fans ARE content with the product, you can't just make the statement that it's the reason why we suck and ignore all of the connotations that come with it.
      Last all say on this:

I did not say that. You claimed this was a conspiracy theory. I was pointing out that it was not, but rather economic theory.

I'm done.
      Last edited by Craiger; Fri Nov 30, 2012, 06:49 PM.

Comment

Craiger wrote: View Post
        Last all say on this:

I did not say that. You claimed this was a conspiracy theory. I was pointing out that it was not, but rather economic theory.

I'm done.
        And I'm trying to tell you it's utterly groundless, whether you call it economic theory or not. If you didn't want to argue the merits of the statement, why jump in at all? You just wanted to correct me on that one point, that's what all this was?

You could have just stated the above the first time.

Comment

Employee wrote: View Post
          What we should be doing is not go to any games until the team is a contender (as in never) thus forcing the NBA into moving the team to Seattle. Then we could all go back to not watching basketball and watching hockey for the rest of our lives. That would be awesome.

And this thread sucks.
          I've blocked you, you stupid donkey.

Comment

To say that MLSE is satisfied with mediocrity because they are making profits is very untrue. Their Sports teams may not have been very successful but not many owners are as passionate and desirous of success as MLSE. Both Leafs and Raptors have hired top notch executives after a string of failures, with one intention and one intention only. SUCCESS. Have they had success? The obvious answer is 'no'. Do they want to be successful? Undoubtedly.
            Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

Eric Akshinthala wrote: View Post
              To say that MLSE is satisfied with mediocrity because they are making profits is very untrue. Their Sports teams may not have been very successful but not many owners are as passionate and desirous of success as MLSE. Both Leafs and Raptors have hired top notch executives after a string of failures, with one intention and one intention only. SUCCESS. Have they had success? The obvious answer is 'no'. Do they want to be successful? Undoubtedly.
              Well said. This is one of the most idiotic threads Ive seen here.

First, as people have pointed out, fans showing up if your team isnt great is the sign of a STRONG fan base, not a weak one. It means you will fill the building when you have success and hopefully that will (at least in some way shape or form) help in free agency. To think that not showing up for games will somehow force your ownership into action to improve the team is the most ludicrus thing Ive heard in a while.

Next, the whole point that MLSE is somehow cheap or doesnt spend on players is totally crazy. Doesnt spend wisely? Thats a very legit argument. We overpaid Landry, and tried to overpay Nash and he still wouldnt come! Cant blame the owners there. We just re-upped DD at a healthy sum ... could have easily not done that and let him play out taken the "cheaper" route (developed T Ross and low-balled DD) .. we chose not to.

Ive probably already typed too much to give this thread any sort of justice .. so Ill stop there.

Comment

Working...
              X