Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trade Banks or Evans first / THEN get Iggy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trade Banks or Evans first / THEN get Iggy?

From what I can tell, using ESPN Trade Machine, this trade will ALMOST work:

Turkoglu (9.00) + Evans (4.96) + Banks (4.55) = (18.51)

FOR

Iguodala (12.20) + Dalembert (12.03) = (24.23)

The Raps need to increase the trade value going out by some $984k. (18.51 + .98 = 19.49) Make that happen and the Sixers dump roughly $4.74 million in salary this year (and another $12.5 long term given the difference in salary between Iggy and Hedo). That might not be enough.

So the question becomes, if we really want Iggy here - and I do, then who can we trade Banks or Evans to for an expiring contract that would make this trade REALLY work for Philadelphia (i.e. give them more in expiring contracts)?

FIRST OPTION:

Evans (4.96)
    FOR
    Haddadi (1.63) + Hunter (3.70) = (5.32)

Memphis gets a usable PF in Evans and we get a nice expiring in Hunter. Make some other moves and try to get it all to work.

SECOND (AND BEST OPTION)

Evans (4.96) and Nesterovic (1.99) = 6.95
    FOR
    Thomas (7.35) ---- from Oklahoma

THEN

Turkoglu (9.00) + Thomas (7.35) + Banks (4.55) = (20.90)
    FOR
    Iguodala (12.20) + Dalembert (12.03) = (24.23)

Oklahoma drops some salary overall, gets a player in Evans and still gets some Cap relief per Nesterovic.
    Philadelphia drops some $3 million in salary this year, drops Thomas after this season (another 7.35 million) and saves another $10 million per the Iggy/Turks contracts.
    Toronto is paying luxury tax now but:

-- gets a C who can play - even if horribly overpriced - in Dalembert;
    -- gets Dalemberts expiring contract to trade with next year; and
    -- gets Iggy to solidify the SG spot - the guy is basically the Chris Bosh of SG's (one step back of elite skills but with more defense and less offense)

Let's face it - we won't be getting any of the big boys here any time soon and so the best we can do is put together the best group of almost greats we can. Bosh and Iggy fit that description now while Bargs will get there in another year or two.

Anyways, lmk what you think.

While the trade does allow the Sixers to get Dalembert off the books, it essentially swaps Hedo for Iggy. Hedo's contract is longer and much less tradeable. I don't think the Sixers would do this trade.

Comment

I believe the 76ers are coming to realize their team can't win without a PG.

Who knows what they'll do - but it'll be a huge surprise if they don't move a big contract.

Sammy gets much more movable next year. 15% trade kicker - ouch!
      The best Raptors discussion board is at Raptors Republic.

Stephen Brotherston, Pro Bball Report

Comment

I think what people don't realize either is that Iguodala also has a trade kicker in his contract.

Hedo is going to be impossible to move. They just signed the guy long term and he fits much better with this group than Iguodala does. His clutch play and point forward skills are valuable. Right now, his contract is immovable. No one is going to pick him up. However, if he heats up, why would you deal him? It's a real catch-22 situation.

I wouldn't deal Evans. Evans is one of those dudes that when he gets back on the court, he makes everyone 2-3 inches taller and 20 pounds heavier. Guys are going to be a lot more fearless on the court. He's going to bring a lot of swagger and toughness that you hope will rub off on others.

Comment

I think everyone is forgetting that the reason we would be trading a valuable piece in Calderon and a prospect in Derozan is to KEEP Bosh in TO. Trading for Dalembert would be useless (unless he was promptly moved which would be very difficult) since there is NO way we're paying 3 big men 40 million dollars!!! Iggy for Derozan and cap filler is an intriguing thought for both sides though... if Phili can get over the fact that we share a conference
          When Tom Chambers dunks an NBA player gets their hops...

Comment

haha, the 12 mil contract Dalembert has is so ridiculous. If Philly can move that it proves that anybody is tradeable
            - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Once you reach Max Level, you stop leveling

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Comment

Philly will be able to move it next season when he's an expiring. As for right now, no one's gonna want to touch that contract.

Comment

I'm pretty sure Iggy and Hedo have the same number of years left on their deals, that said, nice pick-up by Edgar there:

TOR gets Iggy

PHI gets Thomas and DeRozan

OKL gets Evans and Nesterovic

is the starting point of a decent trade.

Comment

Turk is a core piece, despite our Fanboy Rage.

Turk is not going anywhere. He's a playoff player, our playoff player now. And for the foreseeable future. Now adding iggy based on expiring contracts and what value is left in Caledron, is win win win.

Comment

Working...
                  X