Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spurs in trouble

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/86...-vs-miami-heat

do you think the nba can apply punishment for this?
    should the spurs have just said they all have minor injuries?
    why is it wrong for them but not for tanking teams?

to me the nba has no right telling a coach/team what to do with its players. just because it is televising a game and wants them to play. that is bs. why not tell injured players that unless they can't walk they should be out there. where is the hard line against players who don't play up to their contracts does that not insult us fans even more?

Stern is just mad and crying like a little girl that he couldn't get the ratings he wanted. Not a good PR move by Stern. He should be trying to making himself look good, but rather he's making himself look like a money-grabbing, rating-desperate rat. You can't tell coaches what they want to do with their team. Pop and the owners were all okay with sitting out the big 3, so why not? Also I'm surprised how many people are saying that this was a punk move by Pop and how they are scared of the Heat. That's ridiculous! The Spurs almost beat the heat without Jackson, Duncan, Ginobili, Parker and Leonard. The Heat should be the ones that are embarrassed. This should have been an easy blowout for them. They kept it close to the end. I enjoyed the game very much and don't see why any basketball fan wouldn't find this entertaining, so I don't see how this should hurt ratings...

Comment

Also wanted to add. The NBA decides to sanction the Spurs for resting their big 3 for ONE GAME, but they don't sanction the GS Warriors for benching their stars for like 1-2 weeks or so to play the shittiest basketball ever so that they can tank their way to the number 7th pick. And the NBA chooses not to sanction a team that is obviously try to tank. The Warriors had more than enough talent in their roster (Curry, Lee, Bogut, Thompson, etc.). They didn't need a top 10 pick more than us. Fuck the Warriors! Fuck the NBA! Fuck Stern! The league is a freaking joke....

Comment

Stern will be embarrassing himself if he does anything. His argument is pretty immature: "you rested your most entertaining players for a very popular game, how dare you". This is the best coach in the NBA, let him do his thing for fuck sakes

Comment

i just think it's funny that it happened against the heat.... the team that benched their entire effing team and started d-leaguers in order to tank a season in hopes of drafting derrick rose

Comment

You guys kidding me? I was promised timmy D - T Parker - M Ginobili, to match up against lebron - wade- bosh.

The people who paid for tickets and planned to attend were screwed over when patty mills got the start.
            The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Yeah but it's a part of the game. He shouldn't have to make the stupid move of playing his best players when resting them is clearly the better option for the team down the road. I want good basketball to be the focus of the NBA, not entertainment/dollars$$

Comment

You know when you buy tickets, and they have a pictures of the best 3 players for either team on the tickets? That now becomes false advertising.

I would have returned my ticket, it is unfair to fans.

Comment

Here is an discussion about it on ESPN. Is it just me or is Skip Bayless actually making some sense?

Comment

is it just me, or does Skip Bayless look like an aged Ben Stiller?

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
                      You know when you buy tickets, and they have a pictures of the best 3 players for either team on the tickets? That now becomes false advertising.

I would have returned my ticket, it is unfair to fans.
                      I disagree. The Spurs and Popovich's role and goal isn't to please fans, it's to win in the playoffs. If he decided that after a huge road trip the team needs a rest in order to compete against Memphis, then he has full right to do so. 4 road games in 5 days? Whilst Miami had 4 days rest, I think that Popovich had every right to rest his starters. Whether or not you paid a certain amount of money to see Big Fundamental, TP and Ginobili is irrelevant. They are professionals, it is their job to decide what is best for their team not what's best entertainment value.

Comment

We've had 4 games in 5 days, twice this season.

Pops is trying to make a point to the league, granted, a fair point, BUT he is doing it at the fans expense, and I cant agree to that.

Comment

We've had 4 games in 5 days, twice this season.

Pops is trying to make a point to the league, granted, a fair point, BUT he is doing it at the fans expense, and I cant agree to that.
                          With a team half their age, and not a championship contender. So let's say Kevin Durant and Russel Westbrook get injured on game day, and you go watch OKC play LAL, would that be an injustice?

Comment

You guys kidding me? I was promised timmy D - T Parker - M Ginobili, to match up against lebron - wade- bosh.

The people who paid for tickets and planned to attend were screwed over when patty mills got the start.
                            it was a heat game they were there to see lebron. the heat sell out when they play us or washington as well

Comment

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--da...194828970.html

Ouch. Good thing Woj can't be fined.

Comment

Working...
                              X