Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 5 game road trip

Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default 5 game road trip

Denver, Sacramento, Utah, LAC, Portland.

Where to get the win?

If the Raps want to get back at this thing, they need to beat the Suns tonight first. I think they will.

For the upcoming road trip, they need to get the Sacramento and Portland game. 2 very winnable games.

Denver and LAC? chalk it up as an automatic loss. Denver is a great team and they're always tough to play in their homecourt. And LAC is one of the elite teams in the league.

Utah game will be tough and they're always tough to play in their homecourt as well. But Raptors almost beat them a couple of weeks ago, so who knows.

Knowing the Raps though, they could easily lose all these games.

Best case scenario: 3-2

Worst case scenario: 0-5 - If they lose toinight and go 0-5 in their upcoming roadtrip. Someone's going to get fired.
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

I think beating Sacramento is a viable option, they have been better as of late but their defense does seem to take a lot of nights off.

I think Faried will have field day with the Raptors as he has an elite nose for rebounds, but if Denver is in run and gun mode Raptors could beat them if the 3 ball is working for them.

Utah i highly doubt we beat on their home court, they are an offensive rebounding machine, I don't think raptors will be able to handle favors, Millsap, and Jefferson on the Jazz homecourt it will be foul after foul after foul.

Portland is is desperate for wins after losing to very weak teams on the road recently, but they are quite young this year so the raptors can maybe force them into mistakes but I am dubious overall.

Clippers have really been struggling lately and lost to cleveland and New Orleans on their home court, Raptors might be able to sneak away with one if they get Jordan or Griffin in foul trouble early. However Paul will just absolutely eat up the Raptors and Billups has returned.

I expect them to go 1-4, a lot of these teams desperately need wins on their home floors and that means they will amp up the defense in my opinion

Post Thanks / Like

Tough. Clippers are a really good team. Denver plays the perfect style to destroy Toronto. Portland is tough at home and, again, can play that fast-paced style that give the Raps fits.

I think Utah and Sactown are the best bets but Utah is notoriously good at home. If they can get the Sacramento and steal a win somewhere else, 2-3 would be pretty good.

If they pull an 0'fer, may as well bring back tank nation....

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Utah is 6-0 at home. Denver is 4-1. All four of Sacramento's wins have been on home court.

The Clippers lost to Cleveland at home a while ago. And Portland has been struggling of late.

I still think the Raps will lose all 5 though. The most winnable one is obviously Sacramento.

Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Portland is a good chance for a W Aldridge is in and out of games like crazy and they just gave Washington their first W. Lilard is good but can be a little chuck crazy and hasnt been looking for is teammates much, avg what 5 asts but 20ppg with like 19+ shots.... the next CP3 comparisons I dont get but he is very talented. That should be a W, we cant handle the clips especially with Big Shot Billups back.

Raptors Republic Rookie Jkwasia's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Jazz, Kings, Blazers and close loss to denver while being blown out by clippers.

Raptors Republic Starter imaginelino's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

everytime I look at a streak of games hoping to get back in the race, i talk myself into a positive outcome.. hasn't happened in a way long time and i wont be that fool again. 1-5 Best Case Scenario, 0-5 most likely

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

after watching yesterday's game I think we go 0-5, unless major lineup changes are made.

Raptors Republic All-Star Jclaw's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

check out the 4-21 thread (self plug)

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Best case scenario 3-2, worst case 0 - 5. Most likely is probably 2 - 3 or 1 -4. Denver can go either way but i think we'll lose that one, Jazz is winnable, Kings winnable, Blazers winnable, and clippers is also slightly winnable but its a loss most likely.

Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Raps win 2 of their next 5. BOOK IT.

Sac-town and Utah will fall.
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm gonna be optimistic and say we go 3-5. We beat sac and utah and pull out a surprise win against LAC or DEN

Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Sacramento and Portland are 2 very winnable games. They gotta get those 2 in my opinion. Utah i feel is a team that we could beat as well. 50-50. Could go either way.

LAC and Denver? don't get your hopes up. Denver's style of play is a nightmare for Toronto. And LAC in my opinion is one of the best teams in the NBA.

Bottomline: Raps gotta get at least 2.
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

LAC no way, Denver no way. We suck at defending the fast break.
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote TRex wrote: View Post
    Denver, Sacramento, Utah, LAC, Portland.

Where to get the win?

If the Raps want to get back at this thing, they need to beat the Suns tonight first. I think they will.

For the upcoming road trip, they need to get the Sacramento and Portland game. 2 very winnable games.

Denver and LAC? chalk it up as an automatic loss. Denver is a great team and they're always tough to play in their homecourt. And LAC is one of the elite teams in the league.

Utah game will be tough and they're always tough to play in their homecourt as well. But Raptors almost beat them a couple of weeks ago, so who knows.

Knowing the Raps though, they could easily lose all these games.

Best case scenario: 3-2

Worst case scenario: 0-5 - If they lose toinight and go 0-5 in their upcoming roadtrip. Someone's going to get fired.
    If 0-5 will get BC fired then I would rather have 0-5 than 1-4 which is more likely.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Winnable=loss this season.

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote psrs1 wrote: View Post
    Winnable=loss this season.
    lol soo true man

Raptors Republic Starter theycallmeZZ's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Remember the bs clear path foul and the rare Jefferson 3 that won the last game for Utah? I think we can win this.

No chance against Denver and LAC.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Utah plays a LOT better at home. But if Favors is still out, I'd say we've got a shot.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

The team is already in Denver I wonder is it to get aclimated or is it to get high As far for the game I think Kleiza will have a solid showing against his former team, but he will swear at the ref a lot and get ejected

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information