No announcement yet.

Antonio Davis bad mouth's his time in Toronto with douchebag ESPN radio host

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Antonio Davis bad mouth's his time in Toronto with douchebag ESPN radio host

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id...&s=espn&s=espn

At least Vince Carter never bad mouths the city unlike AD.

I was listening to this live actually, not see where you see the hate for Toronto though. He said he would have preferred staying with a winner in Indy. Did he say something I missed?

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
      I was listening to this live actually, not see where you see the hate for Toronto though. He said he would have preferred staying with a winner in Indy. Did he say something I missed?
      Agree. Didn't really get the impression that he was bad mouthing Toronto. The worst Davis did was not correcting cowherd when he called the Raptors a crappy team. Davis said he wanted to get the opportunity to start and make an all-star team, but after regretted that he went from a winner and missed out on going to the finals.

Wish I could find it again, but I remember reading an interview with Davis where he talked about why he left the Raptors. And without naming names, he more or less said while the team was working hard and trying to progress and get better, Vince was allowed to do as he pleased and was (no suprise) coasting. And thats why he ended up demanding out of Toronto.

Comment

He did not mean it at all when he said that he "regrets" the Trade(Pacers/Raptors). Throughout his career his love for money and fame was very clear. His desire to start and become an All-star, reluctantly and half heartedly re-signing with the Raptors only because the money was better(nothing else) are some examples. If he really regretted leaving the Pacers, he would have said it then and maybe gone back to them when he was a free-agent. Would he have loved to be in the finals? Sure, who wouldn't. Would he choose that over money and fame? NO. NOT AT ALL.
        Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

Comment

Nope. Just another witch hunt. Who wouldn't want to be on a winning team save for James Harden.

Comment

What irks me is that both the host and Davis are downgrading the Toronto franchise with their words even though they are both full of shit.

The host referred to Davis being traded to a crappy team - at the time of AD trade to Toronto, the Raptors played a short season with an up and coming rookie Vince Carter and finished the season 23-27 record. After that season (when Davis joined) the Raptors went 45-37 and 47-35 with 2 back to back playoffs appearances with the second one making it to the second round and going to 7 games with A.I & 76er's.

Davis said "looking back, I would have stayed my butt with the pacers". - Someone should tell Davis that he had no choice of the matter that he was a bench player for Indiana and Indiana traded him so he wasn't that valuable to them as opposed to the Raptors that did want him, did give him the role to flourish and paid him well. To shit all over that is disrespectful.

Davis: "I would have stayed there relished that I would play for great city, great fans (host: Sold out every night)' - Indiana does not even come close to Toronto in terms of comparison to great cities of the world. How can you say that Toronto fans are not great, they pay more money and were very passionate considering the Franchise was about 3-4 years old?! And the host is an idiot too because Indiana despite having a better record actually had less fans showing up despite higher rankings (Indiana ranked 10th in attendance in 99-00 while Toronto ranked 9th).

"To this day I never played in the finals I regret that" - you would still be a bench player Davis in Indiana and would have been still a loser because you never won the championship so don't get all nostalgic about the finals. In Toronto you could have also helped the team to reach the finals but Dikembe Mutambo made you his bitch and showed you what a real bench player you really were.

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
                What irks me is that both the host and Davis are downgrading the Toronto franchise with their words even though they are both full of shit.

The host referred to Davis being traded to a crappy team - at the time of AD trade to Toronto, the Raptors played a short season with an up and coming rookie Vince Carter and finished the season 23-27 record. After that season (when Davis joined) the Raptors went 45-37 and 47-35 with 2 back to back playoffs appearances with the second one making it to the second round and going to 7 games with A.I & 76er's.

Davis said "looking back, I would have stayed my butt with the pacers". - Someone should tell Davis that he had no choice of the matter that he was a bench player for Indiana and Indiana traded him so he wasn't that valuable to them as opposed to the Raptors that did want him, did give him the role to flourish and paid him well. To shit all over that is disrespectful.

Davis: "I would have stayed there relished that I would play for great city, great fans (host: Sold out every night)' - Indiana does not even come close to Toronto in terms of comparison to great cities of the world. How can you say that Toronto fans are not great, they pay more money and were very passionate considering the Franchise was about 3-4 years old?! And the host is an idiot too because Indiana despite having a better record actually had less fans showing up despite higher rankings (Indiana ranked 10th in attendance in 99-00 while Toronto ranked 9th).

"To this day I never played in the finals I regret that" - you would still be a bench player Davis in Indiana and would have been still a loser because you never won the championship so don't get all nostalgic about the finals. In Toronto you could have also helped the team to reach the finals but Dikembe Mutambo made you his bitch and showed you what a real bench player you really were.
                ^^^^

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post

agree. if you hated the direction we were going in why didn't you demand a trade or pull a no-play. To be honest, he's such a dumb ass red-neck American I should care less. I remember when he talked about his kids needing to learn the American anthem and our education, he really did always hate Canada despite the fact that we paid his ass to be a mediocre PF. Blegh, ole' stone hand Davis makes me mad and sad.
                  i8theball.com it's a website...about, you know....basketball.

Comment

what i dont understand is the AD said that he was upset he left great fans in Indiana. When he came every single game was sold out. It makes no sense for him to say that. Look at indiana now they hardly get anyone at the games, and look at as we still get tons!
                    TORONTO RAPTORS TORONTO RAPTORS TORONTO RAPTORS TORONTO RAPTORS TORONTO RAPTORS TORONTO RAPTORS TORONTO RAPTORS #tradeBargnani..

Comment

Working...
                    X