The Bargnani pull up from 15 petition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Bargnani pull up from 15 petition

Bargnani has been pretty disappointing for us avid Raptors fans for a while now. His refusal to rebound and pre-determined offensive arsenal which often backfires. He just doesn't seem to get something in his mind and try to follow through with it even when the situation calls for something else. It's like he doesn't react to the play. This is pretty frustrating to watch. For all the bad stuff he continues to do there is something that I think he can do very, very well.
    Andrea has a great mid range game!! When he pulls up from 15 ft in he makes alot of those shots!! When he tries to get all the way to the rim he often gets called for a charge because he's too slow and defenders get set for him. If he would just take 2 strong dribbles and pull up I think he could make things much easier for himself.
    Is there anyway we could get this message out to Andrea? I think he would improve drastically if he would do this!!!

I can't even read the post cause Charles Ingalls is staring at me, he makes me nervous.

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
      I can't even read the post cause Charles Ingalls is staring at me, he makes me nervous.
      Hah!

Comment

Well you could always "tweet" him and hope that he reads it.

Comment

Sig wrote: View Post
          Well you could always "tweet" him and hope that he reads it.
          He's dead Oh, wait, you meant the Pasta Prince. That guy will never change!

Comment

we haven't seen bargnani take it to the rim nearly enough to make this conclusion. He just doesn't have a explosive first step (which imo sets up his game, whether it is the pull up or taking it all the way, OR having defenders sag of enough for him to take the 3 pointer) this year for whatever reason.
            Last edited by akashsingh; Sun Dec 2, 2012, 11:14 PM.

Comment

What? Bargs is dead? You mean, this year it's been a "Weekend at Bernies" thing with Andrea's corpse? Wow, that explains a lot.

Hey, at least Ingalls had a good work ethic.

Comment

Man that was a good show! Brings back a lot of childhood memories...

Comment

akashsingh wrote: View Post
                  we haven't seen bargnani take it to the rim nearly enough to make this conclusion. He just doesn't have a explosive first step (which imo sets up his game, whether it is the pull up or taking it all the way, OR having defenders sag of enough for him to take the 3 pointer) this year for whatever reason.
                  I agree. His athleticism in general is not good enough to get all the way to the rim consistently, but with his size he can shoot over most defenders. So if he took a couple dribbles and pulled up I think he would make the majority of his shots. Making shots = more confidence= more made shots. I think Barg's got the skills, he's just not using them the right way.

Comment

There's nothing to be nervous about....or is there!!!

Comment

Its too bad the raptors probably dont have statistical data regarding where everyone best executes on the floor... oh wait they do. Why does it seem like every other day there is a new petition on these forums. Professional Basketball organizations know and see more than the collective fan base ever will. Dont waste your time.

Comment

What's funny is that Bargnani has no problem resorting to the pullup 22 footer (i.e. the worst shot in basketball). But for whatever reason, taking an extra dribble or two appears to be too complicated...

Comment

SitnonDfence wrote: View Post
                          Its too bad the raptors probably dont have statistical data regarding where everyone best executes on the floor... oh wait they do. Why does it seem like every other day there is a new petition on these forums. Professional Basketball organizations know and see more than the collective fan base ever will. Dont waste your time.
                          This type of statement implies that professionals are never wrong.

Comment

Primo Pasta would be a lot more effective if he just passed the ball all together and didn't force up those jumpers.....he is most effective down on the block posting period. You guys are delusional if you think him taking two dribbles and forcing up a contest shot is very efficient.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                              This type of statement implies that professionals are never wrong.
                              It should imply that they know bargnani's strengths and weaknesses. As we have seen over the years by our roster composition, they can be wrong.

Comment

Working...
                              X