GT: Toronto vs. Denver, Dec. 3, 2012.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
    They're always going to miss calls. When they invent robot refs that calls 100% correct every time people will probably complain that teams are averaging 20 turnovers and 40 fouls.
    Which means there would be a huge advantage for a team that plays sound basketball. Natural selection; It works.
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• Weirdest game of the season? The Utah game is still up there...
      TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Comment

• What i've learned from this game? more Ed Davis and T-Ross please..
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• As soon as Ed came in the team got a lot more gritty Even Bargnani was playing D can we put this all together soon it looks pretty good. Hopefully Lowry is getting his confidence and tenacity back its been a while.

Good game even though it was an L, those offensive boards and Calderon turnovers killed us in late 1st and entire 2nd quarters..

Comment

• Raptors would be better of trying to slow games down. The defence improves when we grind it out and our offense centred around the PnR and is design to function in a half court setting. This year both our offense and defense has struggle and neither is reliable.

Comment

• BadDinosaur wrote: View Post
              Lol, Kleiza in his suit looks like a civil war general or something...
              Lol thats what I was saying

Comment

• Not gonna lie I saw we were getting blown out and fell asleep midway through the third. Can some explain how raptors still managed to have a heart-breaking loss?

Comment

• tucas wrote: View Post
                  Not gonna lie I saw we were getting blown out and fell asleep midway through the third. Can some explain how raptors still managed to have a heart-breaking loss?
                  Ty Lawson hit a clutch 3 that put them back on top. Hack a mcgee got us back in the game with excelent play from Lowry Ross and Davis to rally everyone else.

Man we really gotta clean up our quarters or play with this intensity throughout a game, when the Raps click its pretty awesome to watch.

Comment

• enlightenment wrote: View Post
                    +1 someone called a weird game tonight, they were totally right.
                    That was me. Never turn off a Raps-Nugs game in Denver - you never know what is going to happen.

Anyway, good comeback effort. Second unit was awful in the first half led by Calderon who was atrocious. That stretch was where the game was decided.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                      That was me. Never turn off a Raps-Nugs game in Denver - you never know what is going to happen.

Anyway, good comeback effort. Second unit was awful in the first half led by Calderon who was atrocious. That stretch was where the game was decided.
                      Incredible how that happens. In the PHX game it was the first unit who were awful and the 2nd unit brought them back.

Being a Raptor fan is not easy.

Comment

• Even JL3 got some good minutes in hes really trying to take Calerons job

Comment

• What a wild game. I can't take many more of these Heart-wrenchers .. my girlfriend is starting to worry about my well being.

In related news, ESPN had a feature on the Rookies who saw action on Monday night; they had the following to say about our two rooks:
                          ESPN - Daily Dime wrote:
                          On JV:
                          Nobody spends more time on the court with his arm in the air calling for the ball in the block than Jonas Valanciunas. On most possessions, the 20-year-old Lithuanian has earned it. He uses every part of his torso, tuchus and base to carve out space for himself on the block. The most entertaining sideshow in the Raptors-Nuggets game was the endless game of rugby going on down low between Valanciunas and Kenneth Faried when the Raps had possession. One look at the wily shot-fake, nimble baseline drive and furious reverse dunk in the second quarter against Faried could sell the most ardent Valanciunas-skeptics on his frightening size-skill talents.

On Ross
                          • The Raptors need some defensive-minded wings in the rotation, and Terrence Ross represents the team's best hope in both the near and long term. He has quick instincts and Tony Allen size without the brute strength. On Monday night, Ross spent most of his time on Corey Brewer, then was part of Toronto's Hack-a-Vale strategy in the third quarter. The most promising moment for Ross came when he attacked JaVale McGee with an assertive baseline drive, then drew the foul en route to the basket. Not a big deal, except the whistle sent Ross to the line for his first pair of free throws of the season (he had a single unsuccessful attempt against Boston as part of an and-1). He followed that by stepping rhythmically into a pretty catch-and shoot jumper in transition.(ADD: This 3 actually really got the final big run going, if I'm not mistaken.)
                          Source
                          Last edited by Joey; Tue Dec 4, 2012, 11:58 AM.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

I've learned my lesson.

Comment

• i don't know why Dwane casey doesn't just make these guys grind it out every game. We'd win so many more games if we just played slow and controlled the boards and play lockdown paint defense.

Comment

• Dwane really got into the game in the 4th; jumping up and down, waving his arms and yelling at his players left and right. Maybe if he keeps up that intensity, the team will perform

Comment

Working...
                                X