GT: Toronto vs. Denver, Dec. 3, 2012.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GT: Toronto vs. Denver, Dec. 3, 2012.

Early thread, but I wanted to get some early posting up!

P.S, the Bargnani vs. Faried rebounding battle should be intriguing to watch..

If you're a Denver fan...

Anyways, DISCUSS!
    Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

I'm glad this is the first game of the trip rather than the last considering the altitude and the fact the Nuggets like to run a lot.

Not related, but Amir Johnson likes Christmas and sitting in dangerous positions.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ba...5448--nba.html

Comment

Raptors are outmatched here, I simply cant see us pulling off a win against such an athletic and quick team
      The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Chalk this up as a loss.

Denver is a high powered offensive team. The only way Raps beat them is to outscore them and make KEY defensive stops. I can't see it happening.
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
          Chalk this up as a loss.

Denver is a high powered offensive team. The only way Raps beat them is to outscore them and make KEY defensive stops. I can't see it happening.
          I do not see the Raptors outscoring the Nuggets. If anything, they should try and play like last year. Slow down the tempo as much as possible and play tough D. If we can make it a grind-it-out game, we might just get a W. We for sure can not beat them at their game. We are not a good running team, at least nowhere close to the Nuggets.

Comment

JV vs Faried should be a great match up.

Comment

If the Raps can make this one ugly like they did with that win in Indy, this could be a W

Comment

Win by one, Lowry for the win.

Or this:

Last edited by TheGloveinRapsUniform; Mon Dec 3, 2012, 12:22 PM.

Comment

Raptors lose in first quarter by slaughter.
                  NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
                    Not related, but Amir Johnson likes Christmas and sitting in dangerous positions.
                    http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ba...5448--nba.html
                    I'd imagine there's something in his contract that forbids this sort of thing .. :S haha

This thing is UNREAL. Well played Amir. (Some crazy high ceiling in his pad too .. dayum .. I want in on that.)

Comment

Raps win. Lowry is going to run circles around Lawson (who has been stinking as of late). Primo battle will go to Bargs, as he always has to show off that he's more Italian than Gallo to the rest of the world. Faried will be contained by Amir and Davis (can't believe I just said that) and DD needs to be big.

I'm saying Raps 103-Nuggs 91 - First game we win somewhat well....how's that for lunatic optimism!
                      i8theball.com it's a website...about, you know....basketball.

Comment

pillowmint wrote: View Post
                        Raps win. Lowry is going to run circles around Lawson (who has been stinking as of late). Primo battle will go to Bargs, as he always has to show off that he's more Italian than Gallo to the rest of the world. Faried will be contained by Amir and Davis (can't believe I just said that) and DD needs to be big.

I'm saying Raps 103-Nuggs 91 - First game we win somewhat well....how's that for lunatic optimism!
                        Quite the wish list but would love to watch it come true.... Fingers crossed!

Comment

pillowmint wrote: View Post

This kind of optimism brightens my day I hope they prove the haters wrong tonight!

Comment

I predict a Raps win hopefully they capture the swagger they had from Preseason and play solid throughout, Klieza is hurt and will be a gametime decision if he isn't play Pietrus starts which could actually be better cause he is a capable defender. The Nuggets have a lot of knucleheads on the team so hopefully it comes out on display tonight and we steal this win.

Comment

Toronto always gets killed in Denver. They haven't won in Denver in about 10 years.

On the positive side, wierd crap always happens when they go to Denver. The Smitch firing, the 140+ points loss a couple years back. Skirmishes. I'm calling something bizarre tonight....

Comment

Working...
                              X